TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you find this odd?

The person has been unidentified for over 1 year. Namus states "DNA sample available, not yet submitted". Wouldn't running that DNA sample through a database be a logical starting point in an investigation?

Absolutely, although this case would be a low priority for two reasons:

1. There is no apparent vicitm (subject to DNA);

2. Any DNA against a crime victim, missing person, etc., would be prior to 1988, which is when the DNA profiling was first used in a law enforcement case.

So, if she did herself have a criminal past, there is virtually no chance of her DNA being retained - and if she were a minor at the time of any crime she committed, her fingerprints might also not be available.

Additionally, any missing person would not have had a DNA sample on file, at least at the outset of the case, although family members might have provided one later.

If DNA resources are under a great deal of pressure, it may well be that no DNA sample has been submitted for those reasons, with other cases going ahead of it in the queue. (But I agree that closing this case will likely depend in some way on DNA comparison).

I wonder if it is possible to have a reverse "age progression" image done?

Possibly... it might also be worthwhile looking at possible matches suggested for Sharon Marshall as potential victims of child abduction. I do think that any age regression will look ... like a small child e.g.,

highsmith_melissa2.jpg

Melissa Suzanne Highsmith - matches pretty well on location, age, coloring... Melissa was in the fifteenth percentile for height (i.e., larger than average but not as tall as LER). Oh and the abductor looks like the Zodiac Killer in a wig, but maybe police sketch artists at the time only had one reconstruction to use...

Just a weird question. "JR" has a very odd looking nose. Do you think it was broken at some point and never fixed or was it naturally that way?

I agree that her nose appears unnatural.

It looks to me that she had rhinoplasty (a nose job). It is not unusual for a nose to appear asymmetrical after surgery, and various things can contribute to this. There are a lot of "bad nose jobs" out there.

It is the "pinched" look of her nose that is typical of rhinoplasty that really jumps out to me.

Just a weird question. "JR" has a very odd looking nose. Do you think it was broken at some point and never fixed or was it naturally that way?

Just to try to keep the little known facts straight. Her initials are LR, not JR. Please try to use a standard initial format, it really confuses me!

tamar, I agree that her nose looks unnatural. Given the circumstances, how likely is it that she had rhinoplasty? Probably more likely that her nose was broken sometime in the past and she could not afford to get it fixed.

tamar, I agree that her nose looks unnatural. Given the circumstances, how likely is it that she had rhinoplasty? Probably more likely that her nose was broken sometime in the past and she could not afford to get it fixed.

I think her nose was broken at some point. I've broken my nose at least once and been smashed in the nose numerous times. When I first broke my nose I went to the doctor and he explained that there is a little peak of bone where the cartilage meets the bone. I have a hooked nose, so this part sticks out for me. I get injured here every time. Anyway, my point is that if someone gets their nose broken at this point, that tip has a good chance of setting at an angle, thus resulting in a nose that curves to the right or left.

Someone suggested Sharon Marshall. I had to go search that case out. Wow. I think that IS what is going on here. I posted a possible match on page 4 of this thread. Depending upon the age she was abducted she may or may not remember her former life. Perhaps she was told her birth parents were dead, or that she was not wanted. It is so easy to speculate in this case because we know nothing!!:banghead:

Now with Sharon Marshall in mind, I'll share another similar case that has something in common with this case. David Charles Erickson has his own WS thread. Both LR and David Charles Erickson were assumed identity's, and both were in AZ before 1989. :waitasec:

It is the "pinched" look of her nose that is typical of rhinoplasty that really jumps out to me.

I wondered whether she'd been a heavy user of snorted drugs at some stage prior to that photo. Inhaling caustic substances daily for a few months can cause loss of soft tissue and a thin and pinched look. I suppose it would also predispose a person to having their nose easily fractured, since a lot of the soft tissue that helps cushion and support is gone.

do you find this odd?

The person has been unidentified for over 1 year. Namus states "dna sample available, not yet submitted". Wouldn't running that dna sample through a database be a logical starting point in an investigation?

yes, you would THINK !

How about Julie Anne Guthrie?
Her age progression looks very similar to LR.

guthrie_julie_ap.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/guthrie_julie.html

I agree the age progression looks very similar! Almost eerily so.

This is certainly like searching for a needle in a haystack, with so little to go on. There have been some good "possibilities" posted by people here. So now what is the next step? Do they get submitted to NamUs or to the investigating agencies?

I went back through the tread and quoted all the possibilities mentioned so far: The biggest difference is height, because we know that LR was tall.

She looks a little like Rachael Garden's age progression image to me but RG was 9 inches shorter at 15 and there's nothing particular in her circumstances to recommend her as a match.

garden_rachael_ap.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garden_rachael.html

She bears a slight resemblance, IMHO, to Lisa Renee Wilson's age-progressed photo but the circumstances don't match at all, and again, the missing girl was much shorter as a teen: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_lisa.html

I did think that she could be Kerry O'Brien Kruger - missing since 1989, and a similar overall look with a fairly strong jaw and slender nose. She could also have vanished voluntarily, although that would be unusual behavior.

However, Kerry was 5'4" and the decedent was 5'10" - very tall and unlikely to be a reporting errror.
BBM, I think we proved the the UID, LR was tall.

RMarlow.jpg

Robin S. Marlow
Missing since May 13, 1982 from Broward County, Florida.
According to Doe

Namus
Date LKA July 28, 1982 00:00
Date entered 06/20/2011
Age LKA 28 to 28 years old
Age now 58 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 70.0
Weight (pounds) 110.0

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11352/0/

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1224dffl.html

dove_kelly.jpg
dove_kelly2.jpg

Kelly Bergh Dove Jun 18, 1982 Harrisonberg, VA
I can't find her height, eye color, or weight on any sites.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dove_kelly.html

Martha Leanne Greene

I looked at a few places - i.e. missing approx 1987/born approx 1969.

This persons info says 5'6" UID says 70" (5'10")

Info also says "green eyes/brown contacts" vs. UID - 'Hazel eyes'

My untrained eye says they look a LOT alike. What do you guys think?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_martha.html
Again the height is way off.

Christi Nichols is about the same height as the unidentified decedent who was in an abusive relationship prior to her disappearance.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4677/7/

Something seems off, though, between her and the UID (I want to say the hair, but I am not really sure).

What about Donna Jokumsen? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1961/79/

Missing from Chandler, AZ. Presumed dead, but don't we all hope that these women escaped DV and had a happy life?

Hair Brown vs. Brown
Eyes hazel (UID) vs. Brown (Donna)
height is same

I can't find a picture of Donna to compare to UID - I supposed that might be the easiest rule-out.

HTH

A case for it being Debra Jean Cole
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cole_debra.html

Looking at Debra Jean Cole's age projection recon and reading her story makes me think it isn't impossible this is her.

respectfully snipped

Mary Louise Day?
maryday.jpg

Birthday--Feb. 18. She went missing when she was 12. She was 5'8" at the time. She could have broken her nose somewhere along the way.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/day_mary.html

http://missingincalifornia.com/maryday1980.html

Possibly... it might also be worthwhile looking at possible matches suggested for Sharon Marshall as potential victims of child abduction. I do think that any age regression will look ... like a small child e.g.,

highsmith_melissa2.jpg

Melissa Suzanne Highsmith - matches pretty well on location, age, coloring... Melissa was in the fifteenth percentile for height (i.e., larger than average but not as tall as LER). Oh and the abductor looks like the Zodiac Killer in a wig, but maybe police sketch artists at the time only had one reconstruction to use...

How about Julie Anne Guthrie?
Her age progression looks very similar to LR.

guthrie_julie_ap.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/guthrie_julie.html

I am not a member of classmates. Can someone who is a member check Scottsdale yearbooks for LEKR or someone who looks like her from 85-87 graduating year? Obit says - lived in Scottsdale (or spent time in...) This might be our best clue. I'll see what I can do but that might be the easiest. TIA

I am not a member of classmates. Can someone who is a member check Scottsdale yearbooks for LEKR or someone who looks like her from 85-87 graduating year? Obit says - lived in Scottsdale (or spent time in...) This might be our best clue. I'll see what I can do but that might be the easiest. TIA

Good idea mikkismom, The best would be to look for pictures, not necessarily the name. From what we have found so far, she most likely assumed the LEK name in 1988 when she got her Social Security number. Prior to that she was probably using (or had) a different name.

Yes, it is frustrating that all of those sites are fee-based. I remember when they used to be free. Hopefully somebody will come along that has a subscription.

There are seven high schools in Scottsdale. I went through yearbooks from two of them (Chaparral HS 1986, and Coronado HS 1986), and it took half the night to get through those two. I didn't see her in either of those books.

Classmates has a new viewer app for their yearbooks, and in many respects, it's worse than the previous one. You can't zoom in as close as you could before, and the viewable area takes up only three-quarters of the screen with a side-panel that you can't close. I have to lean forward about a foot away from the screen, and I am constantly having to scroll back and forth through each page. :pullhair:

The Ancestry.com viewer app is great, but there aren't that many yearbooks on Ancestry.

Thanks for heeding the call CarlK! I didn't want to call you out by name in case you weren't interested but thank you so much for looking. If anyone can do it, it's CarlK! :woohoo:

So do you guys think her identity was stolen, or do you think she made it up? What do you need in order to get a SS#? I'm guessing it would be a birth certificate. But if she got a SS# using someone else's birth cert., wouldn't the real person be unable to get a SS# then? I guess I'm just trying to wrap my mind around what happened and how she ended up living as someone else for so long.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

So do you guys think her identity was stolen, or do you think she made it up? What do you need in order to get a SS#? I'm guessing it would be a birth certificate. But if she got a SS# using someone else's birth cert., wouldn't the real person be unable to get a SS# then? I guess I'm just trying to wrap my mind around what happened and how she ended up living as someone else for so long.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

It is my understanding that back then, with a birth certificate (like from someone who has died) you can call SS and get a card issued to you. I'm simplifying it of course.

I wonder if you claimed to be a home birth (like your parents were hippies) and not on records- how hard it would be to get a SSN when you are 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher