TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just made me laugh as I was reading it. Me too, sorry, but I know my curious nature, it would drive me crazy, I would have to know and find some way to get into it.

About Blake, the way they describe him, he was not that kind of person, not like me and you at all. They even talk about when LEK and Blake went for counseling, it was either his brother or BIL that had to go with him and even speak for him. That is different to say the least.

Yup! I think FLEK was comfortable telling Blake not to touch it because she knew he wouldn't. I think she chose him as a husband for a very good reason! Any other wife would have hid it in the house w/o mentioning it or rented a box at the bank.

I'm curious about Blake's social and verbal/communication skills. Media descriptions of Blake make him out to be somewhat "less developed" in those two areas. This was a bonus for FLEK in the beginning, but I have a feeling she didn't count on his family being so social and close to each other.

I just wanted to point out that Blake's brother - the one who spoke for him in counseling - is his identical twin. It's really not that unusual for identical twins to be closer to each other than to anyone else, even their own spouses. I keep seeing people imply that Blake has something seriously wrong with him, but I don't think that's the case at all. I think he's just a quiet guy who is closer to his twin than to anyone else.

I agree that often times identical twins are extremely close with one another more so than any other person in their lives and I doubt anyone would disagree with that...but to most people what little is known about Blake Ruff does indicate something more than having a super close relationship with his twin brother..IMO something altogether different and having nothing at all to do with his relationship with his twin brother is what and where the concern and questioning comes from..

The very simple fact that this grown, mid-aged adult man took ANYONE along with him to marriage counseling sessions is IMO a huge red flag indicator that at the very least there is something "off" with Blake.. His taking along ANYONE(be it his twin or any other human being) to marriage counseling sessions for he and his wife is IMO in no way typical or "normal", but rather extremely atypical and abnormal..

To go a step further with it is the fact that it was the brother, NOT Blake(whose marriage it was that was being counselled), that was seemingly doing the majority of the talking FOR THIS GROWN, MID-AGED ADULT MAN, BLAKE(AKA "translating" for him") in his and Lori's marriage counselling sessions..jmo.

IMO that is just the tip of the iceberg of issues that to many of us seem to indicate that Blake is somewhat "off" emotionally or mentally..and these are the things we know per his very own family(who IMO if anything a person's family tends to sugar coat or downplay anything that could shed a negative light on their family member)..

I believe there is very good reason why many find it quite possible that there is an issue wrt Blake's emotional or mental stability..or some other type of autism, aspergers at play here..with that said it in no way is painting or portraying Blake to be in any way "bad", mean, or responsible for Lori's issues.. I don't see anyone implying anything of the sort wrt Blake, but rather just making observations based upon what we know from none other than the Ruff family, themselves..

As always all jmo, tho.

As to Blake, I don't remember exactly what the article said about why he took the brother with him, but maybe by this time, he was already extremely afraid of FLEK Because of her behavior? Just asking.

I would assume a "strongbox" has a lock. There's really no way to snoop without that person knowing.

I can't find a link, but didn't this box say CRAFTS on it?

My family knows not to open the sewing room door in the month before Christmas and their own birthdays. Was Blake perhaps "ordered" not to touch the CRAFTS box if wanted a pleasant surprise on his birthday?

At certain ages, some people 'round here mighta told you that!

I feel so sorry for Lori, Blake, and their daughter! Each of them, and the three of them together, really did deserve better!

Why do I feel like I'm reading a Nora Roberts book?

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

As to Blake, I don't remember exactly what the article said about why he took the brother with him, but maybe by this time, he was already extremely afraid of FLEK Because of her behavior? Just asking.

Definitely possible.. we just don't know.. I am very curious to know just what all the Ruff's knew about Lori's secrets PRIOR TO HER SUICIDE and if they had possibly confronted her at some point with some, partial, or even slivers of the truth and it was at that point that Lori quickly begin to spiral out of control(possibly even to a point of Blake's becoming fearful of her reactive lashing out)..

I've really begun to look at this angle after several here bringing up the possibility of the Ruff's having possibly learned some of the truth about Lori's secrets PRIOR TO HER SUICIDE..

ALL JMO, THO!

I'm still trying to piece together the reason for the flying certificate. Just something she was proud of? Just something else she could put her fake name on to prove her identity? An interest because it was liberating? An interest in it due to her past? Military past? But frequently, I thought of how close to the border she is, hence I think of either escape or drugs. So, I am googling. Here's one:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deser...kydiving-Skydive-Phoenix-Parachutes-Ov-818125

There were several other articles written based on this one of the Seattle times. Some of the other ones were more descriptive of Blake's personality or " condition" which led me to believe he has Asperger syndrome.

now that I think of it, it kinda sounds like FLEK might have a very slight case, being highly functional...only going by what the Ruffs said about her.

That's the first thing I thought when I read about Blake's personality of not asking any questions & looking at the lack of eye contact in every picture of FLEK.

FLEK's inappropriate responses to questions about her past--the "It's none of your business!!" could also be indicative of a form of Autism.

This may have been mentioned already, but the newspaper clipping that reports the fire also lists 2 siblings of Becky Sue Turner who also died, aged 3 and 8. So why did she pick Becky Sue Turner to impersonate? If she was closer in age to one of the other two siblings, IMO she probably would have picked one of them vs Becky to impersonate. If it wasn't that she was born the same year as BST, then what could another reason be?

This may have been mentioned already, but the newspaper clipping that reports the fire also lists 2 siblings of Becky Sue Turner who also died, aged 3 and 8. So why did she pick Becky Sue Turner to impersonate? If she was closer in age to one of the other two siblings, IMO she probably would have picked one of them vs Becky to impersonate. If it wasn't that she was born the same year as BST, then what could another reason be?

If she did pay someone else to help her with the Identity Theft, who knows if the other 2 siblings that died also had their identities stolen.....so maybe there wasn't a Choice, maybe BST was the only one left....
IMOO.

its just that they are public record ( marriage and divorce) and searchable online, they just DONT EXIST.

the filing for divorce for Lori and Blake is on the TX website, it was found way back before the Seattle Times article. I don't think a link was posted because the information was not officially released that her fake id was Lori Kennedy and we could not post it on websleuths. And the divorce proceedings were of course cancelled or whatever official word was used about a month after her suicide... no need to continue with the divorce proceedings she was deceased.
There was information in the original thread, not sure if it got moved. If this is the divorce record you are looking for I will try to find my link and post it

Thanks ;) I did the public records search and only found the application no record of marriage in Texas. I know they went to Vegas to marry also, maybe that was the only official one?

I can't "set [you] straight"... but I'm assuming:

FLEK's case is still an on-going Social Security investigation. It's not closed because they haven't found out who she is.

I don't know the specific laws regarding access to information, but there is a possibility that no one has asked to access the police report or see copies of the suicide letters.

However, I could understand if the Ruff family wouldn't want people to access the letter FLEK left to the daughter. It could be a form of respect in keeping it out of public viewing so that we don't get to read it before the daughter gets to.
The best way to find out is call Gregg County and request a copy. I called and they sent me a fax copy of an arrest report during the divorce period. The lady even told me that Blake had called on Lori, but Blake was the one that ended up being fined or arrested. She said it was a misdemeanor offense, he probably just received a citation. But from the sounds of it, him and Lori were arguing which prompted Blake to call the police. I would imagine now that this new information about Lori threatening the Ruff's, maybe she was threatening and Blake called the police. The lady was real nice with the county and there was no charge. The record was on the courthouse website but it did not have details and I wanted to know if there was any domestic violence (my main reason for getting copy) the internet did not show the victims name (Lori) until I called and got the faxed record.

the filing for divorce for Lori and Blake is on the TX website, it was found way back before the Seattle Times article. I don't think a link was posted because the information was not officially released that her fake id was Lori Kennedy and we could not post it on websleuths. And the divorce proceedings were of course cancelled or whatever official word was used about a month after her suicide... no need to continue with the divorce proceedings she was deceased.
There was information in the original thread, not sure if it got moved. If this is the divorce record you are looking for I will try to find my link and post it

Here is the link (change the Case to Party and type in last name kennedy, first name Lori) Divorce was filed in Fannin County Texas. I think they were married in Fannin County as well (but not 100% certain, would have to re-read the original thread)
Record Count: 1
Search By:
Party Party Search Mode: Name Last Name: kennedy First Name: lori Case Status: All Sort By: Filed Date

CASE# FA-10-39830 In the Matter of the Marriage of Jon Blakely Ruff and Lori Erica Kennedy and In The Interest of (DAUGHTHER NAME DELETED FOR PRIVACE -) RUFF, A Child
08/05/2010

336th District Court

Divorce - Children

Disposed

http://71.97.114.198/Search.aspx?ID=200&NodeID=100%2c110%2c120%2c200%2c210%2c220%2c300%2c310%2c320%2c330%2c230%2c23100&NodeDesc=All+Courts

And if you search husband by first name (not Blake) the assault charge was physical contact--in Sept 2010.

Thanks ;) I did the public records search and only found the application no record of marriage in Texas. I know they went to Vegas to marry also, maybe that was the only official one?
I don't think they married in Vegas, pretty sure it was Texas probably Fannin County. It is in the original thread somewhere.

I am not trying to be mean spirited or hateful, and welcome everyones opinions and ideas, but I have been staying away some from the threads on Lori Kennedy for 2 reasons;
1. it is frustrating to me that there are some members posting who do not seem to have read the previous original thread (or threads they are now) and are re-researching over and over and taking the thread backwards -rewinding (adding unnecessary pages to the new threads and spending time researching things that are already posted or proven/disproven, etc..) that would be better spent moving forward
and
2. And we may have moved about as far forward as we can go with what we have to work with - I like some others am leaning towards nothing in that note or Seattle Times article that was released seems like it will lead to her true identity. We need more information. I believe we have pretty much exhausted every dot on the letter that was released, unfortunately... phone numbers, past present area codes, names, addresses... I think either she only knew them after her name change or did not know them well enough to remember what her real name was... the information appears pretty old and memories fade, records have been destroyed... the note was interesting, it was fun sleuthing, we learned a few new things -and I had hoped more information or leads would come from it - but I think it is a pretty old note-with not enough information that is any longer of much use.
I wish they would release a little more information, or more notes.

I feel like that's obvious for those of us who are little sensitive to our age and might shave a year or two off....or not like people to say how old we are on our birthdays...
If I had to be reassigned a new identity, I wouldn't mind that new identity being 3-5 years younger (any more years that than that and I'd think it would be pushing it too much.....).

The investigators had already said that they think she likely used an identity broker because of the level of sophistication. Someone said the choosing of BSK was most likely due to the issue of the difference in state of birth and state of death as this would be more ideal for identity theft.

Why do I feel like I'm reading a Nora Roberts book?

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

LOL! J.D. Robbs :)

That's my interest in this case, the theories seriously read like a romance-spy-crime novel. But unfortunately it's not fiction, it's real life and death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305