TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo the forehead and cowlicks (for lack of a better word) look similar. Great find!

I believe if you go to Namus and look up Lori Ruff under unidentified persons there is a contact listed there. I believe her name is Dolly. I believe she is under Lori Ruff and not Lori Kennedy, its been a while since I have compared photos with the one on there, but either way if you her up on Namus~~you will find contact info.

Oh~~by the way~~Good Find!

a4cb14d8f8c4c1814b57fc715554ef4b.jpg

I saw that today too!

Great minds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I sent an email off this morning to Dolly Welch asking her who was in charge of the case. That I found some really interesting information. I added the side by side pic of the unidentified girl and Lori Ruff so she could see a little of what I was talking about. Asked for a reply back so that I can send all the info and links that I found to the right Detective. Haven't heard back from her yet. Hopefully soon!

Well I sent an email off this morning to Dolly Welch asking her who was in charge of the case. That I found some really interesting information. I added the side by side pic of the unidentified girl and Lori Ruff so she could see a little of what I was talking about. Asked for a reply back so that I can send all the info and links that I found to the right Detective. Haven't heard back from her yet. Hopefully soon!

Here's another comparison. The unknown girl in the top left corner. And FLEK in the other 3 boxes.

I think like someone else said, the cow lick hair kind of matches with the top right photo of FLEK and this girl.

And the bottom left pic of FLEK really does seem to resemble the unknown girl. They both have the same haircut in both pics.

a80d145856a3223e2c3b62070e716612.jpg

Here's another comparison. The unknown girl in the top left corner. And FLEK in the other 3 boxes.

I think like someone else said, the cow lick hair kind of matches with the top right photo of FLEK and this girl.

And the bottom left pic of FLEK really does seem to resemble the unknown girl. They both have the same haircut in both pics.

a80d145856a3223e2c3b62070e716612.jpg

It's definitely possible...has the young girl been identified

It's definitely possible...has the young girl been identified

Not yet. I'm waiting for someone to get back to me. I found the picture of that girl, taken in the 70's. In the large family photo, every person is named except for that girl. They have the word 'unknown' next to her. Which is weird, considering it's a family photo. But if it's a tip that the detectives want to follow up on, it shouldn't take them long to find out the girls name.

Dying to know if she gets back to you! It's been a month and a half since I emailed her about the Howder link and have heard nothing. I've never emailed on this sort of thing before so I don't know if that's standard to not even get a reply. I even specifically said, please tell me if I'm way off track so that I (and others) can stop following that lead...

Great find, but I think the smile is too wide to be FLEK maybe?

Dying to know if she gets back to you! It's been a month and a half since I emailed her about the Howder link and have heard nothing. I've never emailed on this sort of thing before so I don't know if that's standard to not even get a reply. I even specifically said, please tell me if I'm way off track so that I (and others) can stop following that lead...

The never knowing if they've gotten your message can be frustrating. I sent a message to the Gregg County Sherriffs office this morning, hoping maybe someone from there will get back to me.

The family this girl was with--have they been tied to the case or to one of the areas close to the case?

The family this girl was with--have they been tied to the case or to one of the areas close to the case?

I don't know anything except for what I posted earlier. I haven't dug any deeper yet.

I've seen the family's ancestry all the way back to the 1800's. In this family there is a relative with the last name Turner and also a relative with the name Lori Kennedy. Coincidence?? I don't know.

I've seen many addresses and locations. Recent births and recent deaths. Who's married, divorced and/or remarried. Some colleges are named. Multiple states across the country are named. Many many pictures and information to look at.

Too much info for one person to go through. This is a very large family with 5-6 last names associated with it.

i hope I hear back from the Detective in charge of the case. I'd like to pass on all the information that I somehow stumbled upon. Not sure how valuable the info is, I'll leave it up to the authorities to decide. But if you ask me, there's way too many coincidences between this large family and FLEK, that I think it would be best for someone to look into it.

Not many people have commented about the photo or the info I posted. I thought I'd hear from so many more. But instead it's been super quiet. Maybe no one thinks the photo looks like her except for a few. I don't know??

I think they are waiting for a last name. They can help you.

a99d23ff08676e22e44791455b5be3e2.jpg

Also, has anyone else seen this strangle note left on her findagrave page?

(Apologies if I'm late to the party on this one.)

I know we had been looking for a Wanda howder.. I think I found it..
92aeb91cb8b1a457a0adef1caa934333.jpg

a99d23ff08676e22e44791455b5be3e2.jpg

Also, has anyone else seen this strangle note left on her findagrave page?

(Apologies if I'm late to the party on this one.)

I had seen the one posted in May, 2015 and because of the timing, I assumed it was posted by Spring/Summer1988 who posted it. We never did figure out if SpringSummer1988 actually did send his information to the investigator or if he did and then Velling retired so no one followed up on it, or someone did investigate it and found no validity in the claim or in the claimant.

The one posted just THIS May could be posted by someone who is trolling our thread. There are Sandy Hs (subject family who we have been investigating here) who have been mentioned here as well as Sandra Hopler. (Who I think greatly resembles her by the way). OR, this post could be totally REAL. Too bad there doesn't seem to be an investigator that is REALLY on this case WHO COULD TRACE THE IP on those two posts.

I don't know anything except for what I posted earlier. I haven't dug any deeper yet.

I've seen the family's ancestry all the way back to the 1800's. In this family there is a relative with the last name Turner and also a relative with the name Lori Kennedy. Coincidence?? I don't know.

I've seen many addresses and locations. Recent births and recent deaths. Who's married, divorced and/or remarried. Some colleges are named. Multiple states across the country are named. Many many pictures and information to look at.

Too much info for one person to go through. This is a very large family with 5-6 last names associated with it.

i hope I hear back from the Detective in charge of the case. I'd like to pass on all the information that I somehow stumbled upon. Not sure how valuable the info is, I'll leave it up to the authorities to decide. But if you ask me, there's way too many coincidences between this large family and FLEK, that I think it would be best for someone to look into it.

Not many people have commented about the photo or the info I posted. I thought I'd hear from so many more. But instead it's been super quiet. Maybe no one thinks the photo looks like her except for a few. I don't know??
I found it interesting but with only a photo to go on there's not much the rest of us can do to help follow up on the lead. If you can share some more information then I'm sure there are plenty of us who would be keen to investigate.

The never knowing if they've gotten your message can be frustrating. I sent a message to the Gregg County Sherriffs office this morning, hoping maybe someone from there will get back to me.
Great idea, I just forwarded my email to the Sheriff's office too.

What are the chances that this Jane Doe is related to El Dorado Jane Doe? They were nearly the same age and height and both living under assumed identities at about the same time.

The one posted just THIS May could be posted by someone who is trolling our thread. There are Sandy Hs (subject family who we have been investigating here) who have been mentioned here as well as Sandra Hopler. (Who I think greatly resembles her by the way). OR, this post could be totally REAL. Too bad there doesn't seem to be an investigator that is REALLY on this case WHO COULD TRACE THE IP on those two posts.

A bit of techie background. Now I have no connection to find-a-grave, so I have no idea how their web server is setup, but even if an investigator were assigned today to this case, these might not lead the investigator anywhere.

Information about these two posts -- the one likely from S/S1988 & the one from "Sandy" -- would be stored in one of two ways: server logs, & if find-a-grave actually records information about every edit made to one of their pages. Server logs are kept primarily to monitor performance (as well as occasionally used to identify & handle problem users), & are kept for only a short time, on the order of a few days or a few weeks. (Logs take up disk space, & hard drives cost money, so the less space taken up by logs the more money that can be dedicated to other things.) Information on the "Sandy" post has probably been recycled into its constituent electrons by now.

Now the second one -- that find-a-grave records information about each post somehow -- would be unusual. Wikipedia does this to a degree, but that's for copyright reasons as well as to deal with trolls & vandals; if you make an edit under a throw-way username, the only information permanently recorded about the edit will be under the username. And if find-a-grave were to store this information, that would expose them to all sort of legal issues; I figure they simply avoid the hassle by not keeping any records beyond server logs, except for special circumstances.

As for trolls... I mentioned it before, & I'll repeat it again -- mostly because I am surprised: as far as I can see, there have been surprisingly few obvious trolls on the LEK-related threads. I don't know if that's because Websleuths closely monitor for that kind of behavior & remove problematic posts quickly & accurately, or trolls just don't find Websleuths a rewarding place to infest. I am not complaining in any way, in case anyone is wondering. I find this absence of troublemakers refreshing, especially in contrast to having to second-guess users on Wikipedia & other online fora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288