TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's been a lot of talk about why FLEK would pretend to be so much younger. (Honestly, when I was teen I just wanted to get to 21, now as a 30-yo. I am totally content with not reliving my 20s.)

I ran across this article that may give some insight. (Oddly, the woman was also in Longview.)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbak...-for-20-year?utm_term=.kuWga1APEv#.iwYyR2XP0L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a really long but interesting read. Thanks for sharing it. It's so incredible (IMO) that someone could get away with that for so long and she didn't even have to steal an identity to be believed. She only got in trouble when she lied to the police. Charity's motive was that she wanted to be loved but I think FLEK had a different motive. FLEK may have wanted to be loved but she didn't seek out people, AFAWK. FLEK kept a low profile. So much so that very few people who knew her as Lori came forward to talk about her. IMO, FLEK probably chose a younger person to attempt to get back some lost childhood or lost teen years. Also, a 19 year old going for her GED would not bring as much attention as a twenty-something. Curious people are more likely to ask questions of a mid to late 20's woman taking her GED, IMO. She would have more years to account for/explain what she had been doing if she had made herself older. A 19 year old with no parents, no references and little employment history would get an entry level job much easier than a 20-something with no employment history, no school history and no references. I also tend to think FLEK was not a drinker based on her choice of churches, so the 21 year old drinking age wouldn't matter to her. 19 was old enough to do everything she wanted to do. All MOO.

I suspect that there isn't much more to be learned in her name change documents -- but I would be as happy as anyone else to be proven wrong about that.

One area that I know contains more information about LEK than what has been reported are her bankruptcy records. (Pacer provides little more than a list of the records, not the records themselves.) These records would provide some hard facts about how much she owed & to whom, how much money she had & how she made it. (For instance, instead of knowing she owed money to American Honda Finance, we would likely know not only how much, but for what model car & when she bought it. Those details alone would provide hints about not only her income level but her attitude towards money, i.e., was she frugal? Did she live beyond her means?)

But investigating either of these would be a worthwhile activity. Anyone living in the Dallas area with some spare time willing to follow up? I'd be happy to share all the details I have about it to make it easier to research.

BBM.

Quoting to bring this back into the foreground of the discussion. There are still documents related to the case we haven't seen. Sadly, I'm not local.

WOW!!! You guys are doing great work!! I'm amazed at the stuff you all have been able to dig up on the Outlaws. That's why I love my fellow WS'ers! :loveyou: You all are just so amazing to me! Kudo's on the great work you all do here! :Crown: for all of you!

I can make a map...but I'm not sure I have all the addresses..please feel free to add.

I started a new thread for the theory that FLEK could be LRD. I'm waiting for a mod to approve.

Not to be a negative nancy but there are so many leads/ directions being shotgun bed out right now they are impossible to follow. Before one person took one subject and made a " sub thread " to keep it organized. That would be really helpful again.

Not to be a negative nancy but there are so many leads/ directions being shotgun bed out right now they are impossible to follow. Before one person took one subject and made a " sub thread " to keep it organized. That would be really helpful again.

Thank you. I agree!

Agree Linda!! That's why I started a New Sub-thread and awaiting a moderator to approve. :)

Any word on your possible match??

I am going to go down my Idaho rabbit hole just a little more. There was a story about PA escapee Jon Yount and a woman, Diane Brodbeck, living in Idaho, apprehended, I think, in June 1988 near Boise. Diane was said to be living under an "assumed name." I cannot find any info on where her name came from. Did she find a dead infant or some other way? It's an interesting case on its own, but about this same time Becky Sue got her ID in Boise. It's not likely she read about this in the paper and got the idea, since she got the birth cert in may. Just thought it was an interesting event, though perhaps just coincidental.

It is awesome what Gardener1850, BigCityAccountant and others are able to come up with! You can dig information seemingly out of nowhere. It is a matter of knowing what you are doing, and you all have shown us how great you are!!:loveyou:

If blood samples were turned into one of the genetic banks, at least it is stored should a relative in the future have their blood collected. Blake's mother seemed very inquisitive of FLEK when she was alive, so I can only imagine where that curiosity led after her death.

In fact, I wonder if Blake's mother hired a genetist to work on finding who FLEK was. Remember the man Benjamin Kyle who was found beaten behind a Burger King and had amnesia for ten years? A genetist is the one who finally solved the puzzle of who he was.

Mrs.Ruff, in my opinion, would do everything possible to find out who the mother of her grandchild was. If money was no problem, I would not stop searching either until it was proven it was an impossible task of tracking FLEX's real identity.

My opinions only.

I agree, it is really hard to follow and find old posts. I submitted a few new threads but they were never approved. I tried to make a thread for Boise, Idaho and one for possible Cedar connections. It would be good if we could have a thread or threads for her court appearances too (bankruptcy and speeding ticket). And another thread for Lori's online activity/mystery shopping business website.

You guys have found some really good stuff! I tagged an admin to see if they will help us! I just don't want talks good work to get lost!!! It will be easier to reference later that way

WOW!!! You guys are doing great work!! I'm amazed at the stuff you all have been able to dig up on the Outlaws. That's why I love my fellow WS'ers! :loveyou: You all are just so amazing to me! Kudo's on the great work you all do here! :Crown: for all of you!

I can make a map...but I'm not sure I have all the addresses..please feel free to add.

I started a new thread for the theory that FLEK could be LRD. I'm waiting for a mod to approve.

I have a spreadsheet of addresses I'll try to send you for the map. Most are on the last page of the Texas address thread.

ETA: Thanks for the love! I agree the people here are amazing at finding info--you included BCA!

I have a spreadsheet of addresses I'll try to send you for the map. Most are on the last page of the Texas address thread.

ETA: Thanks for the love! I agree the people here are amazing at finding info--you included BCA!

Got it! Thanks Gardener. I was working on it tonight. I am working with Google Earth Pro. The difficulty I am having is everything is so centrally located in TX compared with the other areas. I'm thinking not to clutter this thread, that I will post it in the address thread when I'm done. I might post a few, such as Resume addresses, Ancestry addresses, ID addresses and I will try to get them all in one, but no promises!

:cheers: to SunnyNZ and everyone else for the awesome sleuthing on the Outlaws and other info they have been able to dig up on this case.

I am going to go down my Idaho rabbit hole just a little more. There was a story about PA escapee Jon Yount and a woman, Diane Brodbeck, living in Idaho, apprehended, I think, in June 1988 near Boise. Diane was said to be living under an "assumed name." I cannot find any info on where her name came from. Did she find a dead infant or some other way? It's an interesting case on its own, but about this same time Becky Sue got her ID in Boise. It's not likely she read about this in the paper and got the idea, since she got the birth cert in may. Just thought it was an interesting event, though perhaps just coincidental.

I think I saw the Unsolved Mysteries episode about that. IIRC, she first claimed that he forced her to go with him and she was brainwashed and had been scared to leave out of fear he would kill her family. Police found evidence of things like birthday cards and love letters she wrote to him while under "captivity". I think there was even an incident where he was injured and had to go to the ER. She could have escaped easily but stayed by his side. She swore she was afraid for her family's safety if she left. Her husband believed her and forgave her/took her back after LE found and arrested Yount. The update on the case says she eventually admitted that she help him escape from prison and willingly went with him. The show I remember watching made it seem like they did under the table work and didn't leave their Idaho home much. IDK if they even bothered getting proper ID to live under the assumed names. It would be interesting to know if there was some underground ID broker in Idaho in the late 1980's.

Diane Brodbeck was 45 years old in 1988

It is awesome what Gardener1850, BigCityAccountant and others are able to come up with! You can dig information seemingly out of nowhere. It is a matter of knowing what you are doing, and you all have shown us how great you are!!:loveyou:

If blood samples were turned into one of the genetic banks, at least it is stored should a relative in the future have their blood collected. Blake's mother seemed very inquisitive of FLEK when she was alive, so I can only imagine where that curiosity led after her death.

In fact, I wonder if Blake's mother hired a genetist to work on finding who FLEK was. Remember the man Benjamin Kyle who was found beaten behind a Burger King and had amnesia for ten years? A genetist is the one who finally solved the puzzle of who he was.

Mrs.Ruff, in my opinion, would do everything possible to find out who the mother of her grandchild was. If money was no problem, I would not stop searching either until it was proven it was an impossible task of tracking FLEX's real identity.

My opinions only.

Your post made me think of CeCe Moore. She is a geneticist that has worked on a a few televised cases.

Do you all think it would be worth reaching out to her?

Maybe with her ancestry.com connections she could find out if they have the FLEK's profile saved some where?

https://m.facebook.com/CeCeMooreDNA/

WOW!!! You guys are doing great work!! I'm amazed at the stuff you all have been able to dig up on the Outlaws.

Yes, a lot of new material to work with in the last few days.

This forum has definitely perked up, as compared to (say) a year ago. IMHO, the difference between now & then is that a year ago there just wasn't any new information or leads, & all of the known information had been pretty well picked over. People had drifted away. Having some new ideas & new details has sparked new life into this forum.

I meant to quote Gardners post" above:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Gardener1850 I didn't find much else about Kimberly Rae Doss or her family but I found a lot about the outlaws motorcycle gang her mother said kidnapped her. Some interesting events put into KRD and FLEK's timeline:

May 29, 1979: KRD is allegedly seen with the Outlaws (OMG) in Jacksonville, Florida. Her mother claims her uncle owed them money and they took Kimberly as ransom or as payment.
July 4, 1979: 8 Outlaws members are killed in Charlotte, NC.
July 1979--Two weeks after Charlotte killings police arrest one of the people they think is responsible for the murders (an OMG member) in San Bernadino, CA and return him to Charlotte for trial: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...e26725426.html
1984: The group Thursdays Child identifies a woman working as a prostitute in Hollywood under the name Kimberly Gardner as Kimberly Sue Doss, missing from Iowa. (Possible wrong Kimberly Doss?)
November 1987: A trial begins in Florida for six key members of OMG: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/198...spiracy-charge
Summer 1988: FLEK appears.
January 1989: The trial of the members of OMG wraps up. Details in the above article. They face between 20 and 45 years in prison. Sentencing set for March or April.
May 1989: Reports of Kimberly Doss being in Sugarland, Texas. Again, it is reported as the Kimberly Doss from Iowa but what if it was the one from Florida?

The most interesting thing, IMO, is the OMG trial in Florida. The news article says that trial would split OMG up for good. If KRD was being held by them or was in hiding from them in Hollywood, then 1988 would have been a good year for her to escape or assume a new identity to avoid being associated with them. JMO.

that is a great find.. it also follows alone with her note where she has fled nov... i always thought that it meant she fled in november since she showed up in 1988 i , thought it would have been 1987.. this sounds like a great lead

Not to switch gears on you all...but... the picture I posted comparing the freckles of KRD is NOT a picture of KRD. It is Michelle Meredith Mulcahy. Michelle is also still missing. The website which I got the picture from (I won't mention it here because I don't want to embarrass anyone who is really trying to do a good thing) had the picture mislabeled as KRD.

With that said, that brings a new face to the table in addition to KRD. Michelle still fits the profile of FLEK, at 5'6" at age 17 in 1979, however she was said to have blue eyes.

This picture below is the picture for Michelle Meredith Mulcahy missing from Ft. Lauderdale, FL. (Namus MP #6435)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 6c8359d274b8dc7ed5b7dc210ac870a3fc9f1c2.jpg
    6c8359d274b8dc7ed5b7dc210ac870a3fc9f1c2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 211
I don't think the "boyfriend" is real. If he really knew her, he wouldn't have disappeared and his posts were just too strange to be legit. Has anyone taken Lori's pictures to the college that she graduated from, and showed them to the professors that taught the classes involved in her degree? It would be interesting to see if they remembered her, and possibly anything about her mannerisms, etc.

Not to switch gears on you all...but... the picture I posted comparing the freckles of KRD is NOT a picture of KRD. It is Michelle Meredith Mulcahy. Michelle is also still missing. The website which I got the picture from (I won't mention it here because I don't want to embarrass anyone who is really trying to do a good thing) had the picture mislabeled as KRD.

With that said, that brings a new face to the table in addition to KRD. Michelle still fits the profile of FLEK, at 5'6" at age 17 in 1979, however she was said to have blue eyes.

This picture below is the picture for Michelle Meredith Mulcahy missing from Ft. Lauderdale, FL. (Namus MP #6435)
attachment.php

Thank you for correcting it, BCA! You didn't know that website had it wrong. Both girls went missing in Florida in 1979. I'm torn on what to think now. I threw all my digging at KRD because of the freckles lining up. I still really like some things in KRD"s backstory that match what we know about FLEK. I stopped posting about KRD, hoping we would have a thread up for her before adding anythign else. With that said, some other things of note that I found--KRD's mother wrote a financial self-help book on surviving bankruptcy (from her own personal experience) and also how to buy stocks. You can find her book on Amazon. FLEK went through bankruptcy and she fought it with all she had (multiple objections to the judges plans, IIRC). Several people have noted that FLEK's fight in court seemed contrary to our perceptions of her personality. But if she saw her own mother go through a bankruptcy when she was a teen/child she might have learned some things from watching her mother. Also, the stock broker thing is interesting. FLEK claimed her father was a stock broker--she could have gotten the idea from her mother buying stocks. The other thing of note on KRD is that she came from a family of Cuban decent that owned a large cigar company in Tampa, FL. Do you know what cigars boxes are usually made of? Cedar. In fact, making cedar cigar boxes and cedar paper sleeves is apparently an integral part of the cigar industry in Tampa. Read all about it here: http://cigarcitymagazine.com/from-cedar-to-cigars/ FLEK used "cedar" as her password. I know cedar could be a reference to anything but that article and the book by KRD's mother (along with all the previously posted circumstances surrounds KRD's disappearance) makes me think it is still a good idea to submit KRD as possible match. BCA has done this and hopefully we hear back so we can move on if she is a rule out. I'm not going to push the KRD angle much more but it would be amazing to bring some closure to living family members if we were to find out FLEK was a missing teen.

Now as to Michelle Meredith Malcahy. I am STILL bowled over by the freckles and lines on her face lining up with a 40-something FLEK. I have not looked into Michelle yet but I would suggest she is good candidate to submit as well. She was probably overlooked before this due to the notation that she has blue eyes. Honestly, I looked closely at her picture and her eyes appear greenish/hazel to me. Is this just my computer screen colors or the tint of the 1970's photo? I can't get out of my head a story from a former coworker or friend of FLEK's who claimed she liked to wear blue contacts. IIRC, FLEK got very defensive when the coworker talked to her about it. Did I mis-recall this story? I can't find it now. Is it even remotely possible FLEK's eyes were naturally blueish and she wore brown/hazel contacts for her id photos instead of the other way around? One thing I've always noticed is her eye color looks different in every picture we have of her, JMO. Do we have any colored contacts wearers? How long have colored contacts been around anyway?

I hope you all will be looking into these questions. I've had a death in my family and have a funeral to plan and attend this weekend. I will be interested to hear what you all think when I'm able to check in here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member