TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there anyone here that can access fingerprints in namus????

I wore colored contacts a few times in high school so I'd guess around 1985 from my experience.

ETA: I'd say early 80s.

Tinted Gas permeable in about 1983 for commercial distribution.
Tinted Soft lenses in 1987 for commercial distribution. I guess I tried them out in 1987.

I don't think the "boyfriend" is real. If he really knew her, he wouldn't have disappeared and his posts were just too strange to be legit. Has anyone taken Lori's pictures to the college that she graduated from, and showed them to the professors that taught the classes involved in her degree? It would be interesting to see if they remembered her, and possibly anything about her mannerisms, etc.

I don't think someone has physically taken them there~~however~~someone has contacted one or more (not sure) and IIRC, it was also a dead end as he didn't remember her.

I have been talking to a girl who lived with Mona (monica) Lisa Lincoln . She was a foster sister to Mona .. She said that she went back to visit Mona's family in 1985 and they were moved she was told that they thought Mona may have been in jail. Mona had gotten into drugs and hanging out with gangs.. .i sent her a pic of mona and pics of lori in a collage the same i posted here.. she didn't realize that they weren't all mona , she said wow .. and sad they looked like Monas sis and niece...She also told me that mona's family had moved to arizona .. Mona loved Cuban food.. She had many Cuban boyfriends and that a incident happened where a friend of Monica's named Tammy had gotten in trouble and Monca's sister went and got her out of there...the gang and prostituition.. i sent her the notes that lori had from her lockbox.. she told me that Mona was a Cna and was taking care of her grandmother at the time.. and that jennifer perkins was a friend of the family and that jackson was a neighbour... she also said , when i expressed to her hat it has been said that Lori was very vain , she said well she turn out to be like her sisters ... that she told me that lish sounds like a gang name i hope this helps . just trying to help... god bless and i hope hit brings closure to all the families out there that want it...

I have been talking to a girl who lived with Mona (monica) Lisa Lincoln . She was a foster sister to Mona .. She said that she went back to visit Mona's family in 1985 and they were moved she was told that they thought Mona may have been in jail. Mona had gotten into drugs and hanging out with gangs.. .i sent her a pic of mona and pics of lori in a collage the same i posted here.. she didn't realize that they weren't all mona , she said wow .. and sad they looked like Monas sis and niece...She also told me that mona's family had moved to arizona .. Mona loved Cuban food.. She had many Cuban boyfriends and that a incident happened where a friend of Monica's named Tammy had gotten in trouble and Monca's sister went and got her out of there...the gang and prostituition.. i sent her the notes that lori had from her lockbox.. she told me that Mona was a Cna and was taking care of her grandmother at the time.. and that jennifer perkins was a friend of the family and that jackson was a neighbour... she also said , when i expressed to her hat it has been said that Lori was very vain , she said well she turn out to be like her sisters ... that she told me that lish sounds like a gang name i hope this helps . just trying to help... god bless and i hope hit brings closure to all the families out there that want it...
i have also tried to contacted Monica's family....but nothing..

i have also tried to contacted Monica's family....but nothing..

Like many other possible matches the height is just so off, 5't 5 at twenty years old and tattoos on knuckles...

Thank you for correcting it, BCA! You didn't know that website had it wrong. Both girls went missing in Florida in 1979. I'm torn on what to think now. I threw all my digging at KRD because of the freckles lining up. I still really like some things in KRD"s backstory that match what we know about FLEK. I stopped posting about KRD, hoping we would have a thread up for her before adding anythign else. With that said, some other things of note that I found--KRD's mother wrote a financial self-help book on surviving bankruptcy (from her own personal experience) and also how to buy stocks. You can find her book on Amazon. FLEK went through bankruptcy and she fought it with all she had (multiple objections to the judges plans, IIRC). Several people have noted that FLEK's fight in court seemed contrary to our perceptions of her personality. But if she saw her own mother go through a bankruptcy when she was a teen/child she might have learned some things from watching her mother. Also, the stock broker thing is interesting. FLEK claimed her father was a stock broker--she could have gotten the idea from her mother buying stocks. The other thing of note on KRD is that she came from a family of Cuban decent that owned a large cigar company in Tampa, FL. Do you know what cigars boxes are usually made of? Cedar. In fact, making cedar cigar boxes and cedar paper sleeves is apparently an integral part of the cigar industry in Tampa. Read all about it here: http://cigarcitymagazine.com/from-cedar-to-cigars/ FLEK used "cedar" as her password. I know cedar could be a reference to anything but that article and the book by KRD's mother (along with all the previously posted circumstances surrounds KRD's disappearance) makes me think it is still a good idea to submit KRD as possible match. BCA has done this and hopefully we hear back so we can move on if she is a rule out. I'm not going to push the KRD angle much more but it would be amazing to bring some closure to living family members if we were to find out FLEK was a missing teen.

Now as to Michelle Meredith Malcahy. I am STILL bowled over by the freckles and lines on her face lining up with a 40-something FLEK. I have not looked into Michelle yet but I would suggest she is good candidate to submit as well. She was probably overlooked before this due to the notation that she has blue eyes. Honestly, I looked closely at her picture and her eyes appear greenish/hazel to me. Is this just my computer screen colors or the tint of the 1970's photo? I can't get out of my head a story from a former coworker or friend of FLEK's who claimed she liked to wear blue contacts. IIRC, FLEK got very defensive when the coworker talked to her about it. Did I mis-recall this story? I can't find it now. Is it even remotely possible FLEK's eyes were naturally blueish and she wore brown/hazel contacts for her id photos instead of the other way around? One thing I've always noticed is her eye color looks different in every picture we have of her, JMO. Do we have any colored contacts wearers? How long have colored contacts been around anyway?

I hope you all will be looking into these questions. I've had a death in my family and have a funeral to plan and attend this weekend. I will be interested to hear what you all think when I'm able to check in here again.

The color contacts story was posted by me as it was relayed by one of my contacts who said she knew her. There was not mention of her being defensive about it. Actually she was said to be very polite and quiet.
Why don't you email the mom and ask her if the girls eyes were blue. The mom will know. I am sure she will have contact info with the book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for correcting it, BCA! You didn't know that website had it wrong. Both girls went missing in Florida in 1979. I'm torn on what to think now. I threw all my digging at KRD because of the freckles lining up. I still really like some things in KRD"s backstory that match what we know about FLEK. I stopped posting about KRD, hoping we would have a thread up for her before adding anythign else. With that said, some other things of note that I found--KRD's mother wrote a financial self-help book on surviving bankruptcy (from her own personal experience) and also how to buy stocks. You can find her book on Amazon. FLEK went through bankruptcy and she fought it with all she had (multiple objections to the judges plans, IIRC). Several people have noted that FLEK's fight in court seemed contrary to our perceptions of her personality. But if she saw her own mother go through a bankruptcy when she was a teen/child she might have learned some things from watching her mother. Also, the stock broker thing is interesting. FLEK claimed her father was a stock broker--she could have gotten the idea from her mother buying stocks. The other thing of note on KRD is that she came from a family of Cuban decent that owned a large cigar company in Tampa, FL. Do you know what cigars boxes are usually made of? Cedar. In fact, making cedar cigar boxes and cedar paper sleeves is apparently an integral part of the cigar industry in Tampa. Read all about it here: http://cigarcitymagazine.com/from-cedar-to-cigars/ FLEK used "cedar" as her password. I know cedar could be a reference to anything but that article and the book by KRD's mother (along with all the previously posted circumstances surrounds KRD's disappearance) makes me think it is still a good idea to submit KRD as possible match. BCA has done this and hopefully we hear back so we can move on if she is a rule out. I'm not going to push the KRD angle much more but it would be amazing to bring some closure to living family members if we were to find out FLEK was a missing teen.

Now as to Michelle Meredith Malcahy. I am STILL bowled over by the freckles and lines on her face lining up with a 40-something FLEK. I have not looked into Michelle yet but I would suggest she is good candidate to submit as well. She was probably overlooked before this due to the notation that she has blue eyes. Honestly, I looked closely at her picture and her eyes appear greenish/hazel to me. Is this just my computer screen colors or the tint of the 1970's photo? I can't get out of my head a story from a former coworker or friend of FLEK's who claimed she liked to wear blue contacts. IIRC, FLEK got very defensive when the coworker talked to her about it. Did I mis-recall this story? I can't find it now. Is it even remotely possible FLEK's eyes were naturally blueish and she wore brown/hazel contacts for her id photos instead of the other way around? One thing I've always noticed is her eye color looks different in every picture we have of her, JMO. Do we have any colored contacts wearers? How long have colored contacts been around anyway?

I hope you all will be looking into these questions. I've had a death in my family and have a funeral to plan and attend this weekend. I will be interested to hear what you all think when I'm able to check in here again.

I think KRD was still worth pursuing due to all the links already discussed (freckles aside). Will be interested to hear what response BCA gets on the match.

MMM - my research leads me to think she was murdered, just due to the circumstances of disappearance. But there's really not enough info out there to make me entirely convinced of that. Her last sighting, she was headed to a 'dance contest' at the Candy Store Lounge which for those who don't know was a slightly sleazy, debaucherous club in Fort Lauderdale during the 70s/80s and I think early 90s. They were famous for spring break crowds, and the rest of the time (i.e. like in the July when MMM went missing) for wet tshirt contests, topless dancing, bikini contests and so on.

From reading a bunch of forums of people's memories it seemed like it was not the classiest of places... The guys who owned it at that time had a bit of history, particularly one who had previously already been involved in the club scene in NY. News articles and forum posts use words like racketeering, mafia links, 'not nice guys', etc.

The age of entry then was 19 so a 17 year old could have easily got in I guess. The fact that MMM was headed to a 'dance contest' at a place like this, and the fact that her fingerprints are on file as a 17 year old (I am assuming this means she had some kind of previous dealings with LE but correct me if this might be wrong), indicates to me that she was a fairly worldly 17 year old and maybe capable of running away. So that's the part that makes me not 100% assume that she met with foul play. All of this is wild assumption of course. I cannot find any mention of her family searching for her so it's hard to find any further details. It's interesting to note that the car she was last seen in was a pretty much brand new Cadillac - so I'm thinking the male and female were somewhat older than her (what teenager can afford a brand new car).

By the way Gardner sorry for your loss, hope the weekend goes ok.

I think KRD was still worth pursuing due to all the links already discussed (freckles aside). Will be interested to hear what response BCA gets on the match.

MMM - my research leads me to think she was murdered, just due to the circumstances of disappearance. But there's really not enough info out there to make me entirely convinced of that. Her last sighting, she was headed to a 'dance contest' at the Candy Store Lounge which for those who don't know was a slightly sleazy, debaucherous club in Fort Lauderdale during the 70s/80s and I think early 90s. They were famous for spring break crowds, and the rest of the time (i.e. like in the July when MMM went missing) for wet tshirt contests, topless dancing, bikini contests and so on.

From reading a bunch of forums of people's memories it seemed like it was not the classiest of places... The guys who owned it at that time had a bit of history, particularly one who had previously already been involved in the club scene in NY. News articles and forum posts use words like racketeering, mafia links, 'not nice guys', etc.

The age of entry then was 19 so a 17 year old could have easily got in I guess. The fact that MMM was headed to a 'dance contest' at a place like this, and the fact that her fingerprints are on file as a 17 year old (I am assuming this means she had some kind of previous dealings with LE but correct me if this might be wrong), indicates to me that she was a fairly worldly 17 year old and maybe capable of running away. So that's the part that makes me not 100% assume that she met with foul play. All of this is wild assumption of course. I cannot find any mention of her family searching for her so it's hard to find any further details. It's interesting to note that the car she was last seen in was a pretty much brand new Cadillac - so I'm thinking the male and female were somewhat older than her (what teenager can afford a brand new car).

By the way Gardner sorry for your loss, hope the weekend goes ok.

Just sent the correction in an email to Kirk Haddix of Gregg County. Asked for both women to be compared.

The color contacts story was posted by me as it was relayed by one of my contacts who said she knew her. There was not mention of her being defensive about it. Actually she was said to be very polite and quiet.
Why don't you email the mom and ask her if the girls eyes were blue. The mom will know. I am sure she will have contact info with the book?

I'm lost again.

By "she" do you mean LEK, MMM, KRD or another woman? If this contact was talking about LEK, did she provide any further details about her beyond wearing colored contacts & being "very polite or quiet"?

FYi I also submitted Debra today..
53bc3f50f219c1a0eac3c16f11e13fb0.png
55721d8d4cf0e908df9c1b5a68b2bf3d.jpg

Thanks Linda! You should post her age-progressed photo next to pink hat. Did you ever find the name of the girl she ran away with?

I'm lost again.

By "she" do you mean LEK, MMM, KRD or another woman? If this contact was talking about LEK, did she provide any further details about her beyond wearing colored contacts & being "very polite or quiet"?

Does anyone else find it odd, that a woman who was described as introverted and even matronly would wear blue contacts? I have known a few people who wear different colors, but they are usually outgoing, fashionable, and socially adept. They are usually comfortable around other people and confident enough to be different. FLEK seems, at least on the little we know, awkward, and would not want to stand out. Maybe there is some blue eyed person she is imagining herself to be. Or maybe the contacts is her fashion statement. Wonder if there is a blue eyed lori kennedy or similar name in her past she envied.

She was probably using them as a way to hide her real eye color. I always assumed her natural hair is brown but we don't know if it always was. Since she was changing her ID, if she was hiding her old ID colored contacts are a good tool.

I grew up down the street from her when this happened. Although they never found a body, locals believe she was murdered and even believe they know who did it. My sister researched this case a few years ago and even showed me where the "suspect" lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes