TX - Maarib Al Hishmawi, 16, abused, San Antonio, 30 Jan 2018 *Charges dropped*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by LisaWL7TR, Feb 27, 2018.

1. BelMarduk

BelMarduk Member

They're US citizens. The father was an interpreter in the Iraq war.
    Unfortunately, This is all common practice in the Muslim world. The parents probably have broad support in the community and will claim religious discrimination at their trial, just as they tried to blame anti-Muslim bias for Maarib's disappearance in the first place.

2. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

They are in US legally but they are not US citizens. They are here on VISAs.

"Officials said the family had been in the United States for two years on visas. The type of visas not immediately known."
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...cal-teen-was-abused-with-hot-oil-12777938.php

3. BelMarduk

BelMarduk Member

momsof3 likes this.
  4. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Wait, do we just deport them sans punishment and forbid them from returning but knowing they very well may anyway? I'm not familiar with the system.

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Related video..
    Sept 30 2020
    Banaz Mahmod murder: 'What they did was unforgivable'
    ''Banaz Mahmod was 20-years-old when she was murdered by her uncle and father after they said she had shamed their family.

Her older sister Bekhal gave evidence in the trial, and since then has been living in a witness protection programme.

The BBC's Victoria Derbyshire spoke to Bekhal about life after the trial and how police deal with honour based violence.''

chimpface likes this.
  6. chimpface

chimpface Well-Known Member

Baciagalupo, dotr and momsof3 like this.
  7. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

In many Asian countries including China daughters are considered a financial liability. Meanwhile, conversely in many Muslim countries and cultures daughters are sold off into marriage for tens of thousands of dollars.

I'm certainly glad to be part of Western culture and I'm glad Maarib has joined it. I hope her parents have learned their lesson when it comes to their other children's futures.

dotr likes this.