TX TX - Madisonville, UnkFem 2-6, UP15905, feeding tube, in suitcase, clothes, blankets, Sep'16

Did some research into a possible cause for her skull deformity (which may coincide with the feeding tube) and came up with a few possibilities:

www.childrenshospital.org/condition...spx?_id=FA74F86FDC5648B7B2FEEC921A0F04B2&_z=z
Craniosynostosis: Premature fusion of the sutures of the skull. Sometimes only one side is affected, which is probably the case if our Jane Doe had this condition. It can cause developmental delays/mental disabilities and requires surgery to fix.

www.childrenshospital.org/conditions-and-treatments/conditions/plagiocephaly
Plagiocephaly: Similar to Craniosynostosis but less severe; can be corrected with a helmet. It's more common in premature babies and can be caused by laying in one spot for a long period... If she was premature and her health problems resulted from that, she could have been neglected by her parents/carers to the point that she developed this condition.

http://www.faces-cranio.org/Disord/Hemi.htm
Hemifacial Microsomia: The least likely imo, but still a possibility. The entire side of her face would be underdeveloped as well as her skull; in most pictures of HM patients I've noticed that it's most obvious around the jaw and there's no mention of any deformity to the UID's jaw. However, it can make eating difficult (hence the feeding tube) and it can also cause other parts of the body to be underdeveloped. The jaw thing throws me off but it fits to an extent.

im wondering if maybe this baby was abandoned and in a care home. my oldest was in the NICU for awhile after birth and there were several severely disabled children who NEVER got visitors. I suppose once they were stable, they would be moved to a care home. and we recently had a developmentally disabled adult found dead here on websleuths (carl debrodie) he was not reported until the care home switched ownership and he couldn't be accounted for. maybe this is a similar case?

im wondering if maybe this baby was abandoned and in a care home. my oldest was in the NICU for awhile after birth and there were several severely disabled children who NEVER got visitors. I suppose once they were stable, they would be moved to a care home. and we recently had a developmentally disabled adult found dead here on websleuths (carl debrodie) he was not reported until the care home switched ownership and he couldn't be accounted for. maybe this is a similar case?

I like your thinking- Are there any care homes (especially pediatric ones) in the area?
It makes sense saying she seemed neglected yet had some degree of medical care- if I remember correctly it's been posted on here that the part of the feeding tube found with her body needs semi-frequent replacing.

Wanted to address this. IF you're discussing a Mic-Key device, it is not 'registered'. The actual button has a serial number, but they are sold in large quantities and (my experience as a PICU nurse) stocked in a storeroom. One grabs one off the shelf and it is not matched to a particular patient. The Mic-Key device (the actual 'button' that goes through the skin into the stomach) can and often is replaced by parents on a quarterly basis- thus they are ALSO distributed by DME suppliers. So, the device can be tracked as afar as a distributor and from there some serious legwork would be involved that may or may not lead to the child.

Case in point: We've had parents show up in our Peds ER while on vacation from parts unknown- the kid's button has a burst balloon or whatever and they need a replacement. No way is the medical record going to be even on someone's radar to check. Sticky, very sticky.

He used to have the Mic-Key button and it was registered to him. (The button itself). He no longer uses Mic-Key but AMT which is fabulous. AMT has glow in the dark capabilities which makes putting the tubing on a snap. I'm actually writing up an article about him at the request of the company. The AMT button is also registered. I prefer AMT because the Mic-Key seemed to malfunction more often. JMO.

Plagiocephaly I am familiar with. Some children have Mitochondrial Disease/Waardenburg's Syndrome. They do have some skull deformities and because the disease actually affects the stomach and bowels as well, they have a feeding tube. Great research Goecke :)

This is so sad to me. I hope the child is able to be ID'd.

I was thinking last night, how odd that Smurfette has deformity too, and was also found relativitively near Houston, disposed of on the street and contained (garbage bag). Not saying there's a relation, but odd coincidence.

I was thinking last night, how odd that Smurfette has deformity too, and was also found relativitively near Houston, disposed of on the street and contained (garbage bag). Not saying there's a relation, but odd coincidence.

If its connected, my feeling is a caregiver (foster or care home) decided not to care for the child(ren) anymore. I hope I'm wrong though. So sad :(

Plagiocephaly I am familiar with. Some children have Mitochondrial Disease/Waardenburg's Syndrome. They do have some skull deformities and because the disease actually affects the stomach and bowels as well, they have a feeding tube. Great research Goecke :)

This is so sad to me. I hope the child is able to be ID'd.

Thank you!
That's definitely another possibility. Waardenburg has a very, very distinctive phenotype; I wish someone would release a reconstruction of her.

On that note, does anybody know if there's any images of her skull available? That would be a good place to start.

Looks like they sell it at Kmart.

Is anyone familiar with those Mon Petit clothes?

I googled it and found a store in Brooklyn and then some items for sale on like Amazon and EBay. They don't seem to be available in stores all over unless I'm missing something.

The button number should lead them at least a few steps closer to the ID. Having worked in Hospital Materials Mgmt., I do know that the manufacturer would have records of what distributor this particular serial number was shipped to. In turn, the distributor (Medline, Allegro, etc.) would have records of which health care facility purchased this particular button.
These records are kept in case of recalls on defective lot numbers. We would get letters from different manufacturers or distributors because we had recalled supplies either on hand in our storeroom, in our OR rooms or ones that had already been implanted, in which case the end user was notified. That is the primary reason those numbers exist.

Granted, if the hospital who placed the button didn't keep s/n records of which patient they put them in, at least the facility (not familiar with this particular product, could it be inserted at home?) could be tracked.

I hope they can find out who this angel is. Heartbreaking.

Why would a parent leave a deceased child on the side of the road rather than alert authorities?

Fear of being charged with a crime.
Fear of losing custody of other children.
Fear of being deported in some cases.
All of the above.
moo

The long black hair leads me to think she could be from Mexico or further south. jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The button number should lead them at least a few steps closer to the ID. Having worked in Hospital Materials Mgmt., I do know that the manufacturer would have records of what distributor this particular serial number was shipped to. In turn, the distributor (Medline, Allegro, etc.) would have records of which health care facility purchased this particular button.
These records are kept in case of recalls on defective lot numbers. We would get letters from different manufacturers or distributors because we had recalled supplies either on hand in our storeroom, in our OR rooms or ones that had already been implanted, in which case the end user was notified. That is the primary reason those numbers exist.

Granted, if the hospital who placed the button didn't keep s/n records of which patient they put them in, at least the facility (not familiar with this particular product, could it be inserted at home?) could be tracked.

I hope they can find out who this angel is. Heartbreaking.

BBM: Initial placement is surgical of course. But after that- parents usually change them out quarterly if not oftener. That's why I think the button is not going to lead to identification- sadly. Who does this to a child?????

NCMEC had released a video and a composite sketch of this little girl

https://vimeo.com/233525276/270352c606

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1477738272317320&id=447882021969622
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
703-837-6111
media@ncmec.org

Today, the Madison County Sheriff’s Office and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children are releasing the first facial reconstruction for a girl found one year ago (Sept. 17, 2016).
Her remains were found near the 7800 block of I-45 north in Madisonville, Texas inside a black suitcase.

She was between 2-6 years old, Caucasian or Hispanic, with dark hair. She was found wearing a pink dress and a diaper.
The girl was also found with a feeding tube. She likely had a condition called micrognathia, which would have affected her ability to eat on her own. She also would have likely needed professional medical care throughout her life.

While she was found in Texas, a pollen analysis completed on her remains suggests she was from the southwest U.S. or the adjacent region in Mexico. It’s even more likely she was from southeast Arizona.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

im so glad they are ramping this up. so the SW but prob AZ..... does this interstate go to AZ? I wonder if they dumped her far from home, or if they moved and dumped her along the way.

So glad that they finally released a composite of her. Comparing the reconstruction to the list of craniofacial deformities I listed earlier, I still think it's likely she had Craniostynosis, more specifically Unicoronal Synostosis (it's mentioned that she had a deformity to her skull as well as Micrognathia).
attachment.php

attachment.php

Definitely some similarities around the eye and nose area.

Attachments

• Madison_County_Jane_Doe.jpg
    Madison_County_Jane_Doe.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 365
  • unicoronal-synostosis-image1.jpg
    unicoronal-synostosis-image1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 368
Just came across this little angel after seeing the article of her composite.

Subscribing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back