Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tina2798, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

I so agree MissBetsy. It takes a well documented 'paper trail' for CPS to actually physically remove them from the home.

I bet after Maleah had CT and Xrays there may have previous healed injuries that were evidence of prior abuse. I wonder if it was the same with the older brother? Poor, poor babies.

Amonet, cass523, IHAVENOCLUE and 9 others like this.

2. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

PommyMommy, excellent work on the timeline!

ClaireNC, to add to your list:

Friday 5/3/19 Reportedly DV is supposed to pick up BB at airport, with kids? without kids? if without, where are they supposed to be? When DV doesn't show up, BB calls her mom, yet no alarm is raised about DV/kids not showing up--why? Does he have a history of not showing up and being unreachable? Why no worry that anyone's missing then? And then she stays with her mom, because she doesn't have her keys to her home. Why wouldn't he be home? Did she know he was gone somewhere? Nothing much about this whole story makes sense, so I agree about the fabrication.

TeaTime, cass523, IHAVENOCLUE and 7 others like this.
  3. mrsmmm

mrsmmm Verified Lawyer

I had read an article yesterday indicating that there were previous injuries found when she was examined for the head injury. I've been looking for 2 hours for that article this morning and I can't find the darn thing.

4. MicheleT

MicheleT Well-Known Member

RSBBM
    She is talking about something that happened at least 6 months ago in the present tense. Time is her priority. It's a quote, so while I'm bothered that she doesn't use Maleah's name, it's less important. This also places the blame for the fall on Maleah. We don't know enough about the circumstances of the fall, but the blame bothers me. She also blames nurses for not checking her head at the first hospital trip. Almost a "see it's not my fault"

MOO.

Faebray, cass523, shana and 3 others like this.
  5. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Amonet, cass523, IHAVENOCLUE and 8 others like this.
  6. Kadoober

Kadoober Get Me A Vodka Rocks… And A Piece Of Toast.

It all makes sense now.
    They cared for the kids while DV was out cold, and just drove around the general, local area. For a day.
    All that random toodling around, surely they ran out of gas, and someone has footage of these men filling up and getting snacks and stuff.
    Pfft.

teedie2, Amonet, TRB and 10 others like this.
  7. Anirtak

Anirtak Well-Known Member

In the live interview with her she talked about Maleah in the present tense. It was the shaking of the head though that concerned me. Is it a "no this can't be happening". MOO

Amonet, cass523, angelainwi and 2 others like this.
  8. sabepa

sabepa Well-Known Member

Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ

MISSING: Maleah Davis – Houston, Texas (5/03/19)

UPDATE: The search scheduled for 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday – May 8th 2019 to search for Maleah Davis has been suspended until further notice. The areas we had planned to search have been flooded with the recent heavy rains, and this could restrict us from being effective in finding Maleah. Some of the areas are now filled with deep rain water, and this would greatly limit our searchers and accessibility. We will issue a call-out once we plan to resume the search for Maleah. Maleah is an innocent victim, and there is no excuse for anyone causing her disappearance. The rain may slow us, but it won’t stop, or discourage us from finding little Maleah.

haven71, TRB, cass523 and 15 others like this.
  9. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

NOT LONG ENOUGH!!!

10. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Darn it. :(:(:(

Amonet, haven71, cass523 and 10 others like this.
  11. sabepa

sabepa Well-Known Member

Has ANYONE in this investigation - BB, DV, LE, anybody - commented at all about DV’s cell phone? I know we have speculated here but I haven’t seen it mentioned in MSM anywhere. I am sure that LE has investigated this but so far I have heard zero explanation for why BB and DV weren’t in touch after her flight landed.Is it “lost?” Dead battery? Didn’t pay his bill? What is the explanation?!

Does anybody have a link discussing this?

TRB, cass523, IHAVENOCLUE and 6 others like this.
  12. PommyMommy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d05858-7044-11e9-9331-30bc5836f48e_story.html
    Asked why Vence didn’t call police sooner, Houston police department spokesman Kese Smith said he couldn’t comment on whether he had a cellphone with him in the hours before he arrived at the hospital. The department is investigating “all aspects” of this case, Smith said.

Amonet, haven71, TRB and 13 others like this.
  13. wodalo

wodalo Well-Known Member

<modsnip>I imagine the betrayal, how scared and alone these children must feel seconds before their candle is pinched out as I sit here helpless to comfort them. We are all here for different reasons, and not for likes or trophy points. This place will harden you and break you, harden you and break you again. I think I do it to share the burden, to relive the pain of those final moments as a way to say... you're not alone, I'm here with you... but it is all just for me as the pain of these kids going out alone this way is unbearable. I know this is a sleuthing forum and the comments should reflect only that, but I often have nothing to contribute other than to say I am here. I appreciate this forum and the dedication to these children from everyone here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2019
    cafrin, teedie2, kirkassoc and 25 others like this.
  14. sabepa

sabepa Well-Known Member

Thanks, I’m glad to see it addressed at least. I think LE’s refusal to discuss actually shines a spotlight on the phone as central to the investigation, and that makes me feel a little better. MOO

Amonet, haven71, TRB and 13 others like this.
  15. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

16. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

17. mrsmmm

mrsmmm Verified Lawyer

My thoughts exactly. The refusal to discuss at all means it's part of the active investigation...and reminds me of AJ Freund's dad...

Amonet, x_files, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  18. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

19. mrsmmm

mrsmmm Verified Lawyer

I've been wondering that too. Did Maleah go to daycare? I've seen its randomly mentioned on SM, but haven't seen any solid info about it. I assume the older son went to school as he's 5 (but I suppose he could be a young 5). I've only seen MSM say she was "sick that week" but no further elaboration. So, was she sick and stayed home from daycare? Or did this come from BB2 mentioning that she was sick?

20. PommyMommy

Wow! That's a lot of rain. o_O

Rain hampers search efforts for 4-year-old Maleah Davis
    A message on the Texas Equusearch website says the areas they planned to search today have been flooded. They message also says, "The rain may slow us, but it won’t stop, or discourage us from finding little Maleah."

On Tuesday, Texas Equusearch set up its command post in the parking lot next door to the apartments where Maleah Davis is said to have lived with her mom and stepdad when she went missing. Rain hampered search efforts. Some areas near Sugar Land received nearly a foot of rain on Tuesday evening.

Search suspended today for missing 4-year-old Houston girl due to weather
    "Some of the areas are now filled with deep rain water, and this would greatly limit our searchers and accessibility," the group said.

It plans to issue a call-out for volunteers as soon as it's able to do so.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Amonet, TRB, cass523 and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.