Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tina2798, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsmmm

mrsmmm Verified Lawyer

Water seems like it would be the easiest method to completely get rid of the car. However, I feel like this would be hard to do with a toddler with you?

Amonet, katydid23, x_files and 10 others like this.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Miya Shay‏Verified account @ABC13Miya
    My question about little #MaleahDavis, still missing: was CPS or her court appointed guardian that signed off on the little girl being returned to her immediate family? Did they do a thorough assessment or was she just a number in the system?
    9:39 AM - 8 May 2019 pst

3. ThatBlueMermaid

ThatBlueMermaid Well-Known Member

Depends on the details and the desolation of the area. Also, the desperation of the perp.

Amonet, happyday, Dre and 3 others like this.
  4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Your post makes a lot of sense. It is very difficult to determine whether wounds are normal injuries from just being a kid or whether they are a result of abuse.
    I worked at a (Special ed) school that had very strict rules for documenting injuries.
    We had to report any scratch or bruise to the nurse, who then examined the injury and documented it with a description of the injury and the time and date it was noticed.
    Many kids had more injuries than others but very rarely was it determined to be inflicted by a parent.
    The most common injuries that point towards abuse are burns, multiple bruises that are in different stages of healing that are observed consistently over a long period of time, and fractures or broken bones that have healed, but can only be seen in x-rays.
    We really don't know the specifics of the injuries or what the hospital may have found to make them suspect abuse. Old injuries are very common, unless they saw something on an x-ray that indicated a fracture that healed or was healing on its own.
    I think it's really a hard call for CPS to make. Sometimes they suspect abuse and turn out to be wrong, and other times they miss signs of abuse altogether. Jmo

5. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

Nope

azmama, happyday, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Thanks for saying that. I see now that I forgot to add, "According to his story..." I have edited my post. Appreciate you! :)

7. sarahlynn0131

sarahlynn0131 Active Member

WARNING: GRAPHIC PIC AT LINK

Picture of an airbag injury.. A Big Bag of Hot Air

[​IMG] Could this wound be from the airbag? Just a theory

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2019
  8. Linskid

Linskid Well-Known Member

I took these pictures this morning. I’m not sure if they will be helpful, but I wanted to check out the area for myself. All of these pictures were taken from my car.

Pictures of apartment complex:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  9. Emilyf886

Emilyf886 Well-Known Member

Some women, like my man,s ex for example, use the term very loosely. But that’s not a discussion for here

Anirtak, bluenoser, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  10. ILikeToBendPages

ILikeToBendPages Well-Known Member

I don't think it's from an airbag. It looks like he gave himself two whacks on the forehead. It looks like there is a indentation between the two. And why no bruising?

Two grown men attacking you and don't fight back to save your son and girlfriends daughter? And they give you those two small injuries on your forehead? No I don't think so.

katydid23, Anirtak, MsMarple and 11 others like this.
  11. Linskid

I took these pictures this morning. I’m not sure if they will be helpful, but I wanted to check out the area for myself. All of these pictures were taken from my car.

Area with tall grass directly next to the apartment complex. Apartments are on right side of picture:

Attached Files:

12. Linskid

Several bayous such as the one in this picture are very close to the apartments. They did not appear deep enough to conceal a car but definitely deep enough to conceal a precious 4-year-old child.

Several large grassy areas for powerlines are also very close to the apartments.

Attached Files:

Amonet, HayLouise, katydid23 and 25 others like this.
  13. seekingtruth79

seekingtruth79 Well-Known Member

I think it’s time for a visit from a very well known PI. He found Lucas. No doubt he’d find Maleah. JMO

14. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Possibly left toddler at home napping? In a playpen? I mean, if one has done what we suspect one has been done, leaving a toddler in a playpen for a couple three hours would not be unheard of. Google "left toddler alone " and it's staggering.

It's possible but he'd have some of the powder on him unless he went home and took a shower and changed clothing. That looks like a hospital paper gown he has on there so... maybe? Might have also hit his head on the steering wheel.

DavidEwasukCTV on Twitter

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2019
    HayLouise, Anirtak, MsMarple and 12 others like this.
  15. ThatBlueMermaid

ThatBlueMermaid Well-Known Member

Or strapped in a car seat set aside in a field while he did what he needed to do. I'm just speculating here. The possibilities here are endless and having a toddler with him would not have deterred him. We've seen them go to longer lengths to try to get away with things. There is so much time unaccounted for if you don't believe his story that he was on the side of a road knocked out and we can only speculate at this point.

***Speaking of which... I'm wondering if he mentioned if the baby was in a car seat while they were allegedly on the side of the road and he was unconsciousness. That could explain why baby didn't wonder off. SURELY someone would have seen it though.***

16. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

My neighbor's son had a horrible fall when he was around 2 or 3 (he is 13 now). CPS immediately started an investigation as soon as the Children's Hospital he was taken to notified them of a significant fall injury. I was not their neighbor until her son was around 5, so I am just going off her telling me what happened. I was STUNNED but understanding after she told me what they all went through after he fell. I do not remember the details but they had to have home studies and more. It was pretty intensive. In the end, there was no finding of any evidence of abuse and/or neglect. She is an amazing mom. She now is fostering her baby niece. The system felt safe enough to trust her with that.

17. Kadoober

Kadoober Get Me A Vodka Rocks… And A Piece Of Toast.

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Thanks for being our boots on the ground.

Did you notice surveillance cameras on the apartment grounds?

I'm hoping such surveillance might answer the last time MD was seen leaving and/or returning to the apartment.

cafrin, Amonet, IHAVENOCLUE and 18 others like this.
  19. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

It doesn't appear that there are any LE vehicles there, unless they are parked in a different area. I wonder if they have done a search of inside the apartment yet? Maybe I missed it?

20. Linskid

These last pictures are of a very concerning area within easy walking distance from the apartments. I could see from the road that it is a very large open natural space, and you can see from my aerial map how large it is. I don’t know what this space is. Possibly a reservoir? I have marked the apartments and this area that I am referring to.

Attached Files:

Amonet, HayLouise, katydid23 and 26 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.