Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or strapped in a car seat set aside in a field while he did what he needed to do. I'm just speculating here. The possibilities here are endless and having a toddler with him would not have deterred him. We've seen them go to longer lengths to try to get away with things. There is so much time unaccounted for if you don't believe his story that he was on the side of a road knocked out and we can only speculate at this point.

***Speaking of which... I'm wondering if he mentioned if the baby was in a car seat while they were allegedly on the side of the road and he was unconsciousness. That could explain why baby didn't wonder off. SURELY someone would have seen it though.***

I could see him saying toddler was in a carseat during questioning, digging himself deeper.

LE: 'So, your son stayed by your side while you were unconscious on the side of the road?'
DV: 'Oh, well, he was in his carseat'
LE: 'Goodness! So these kidnappers took the time to remove his carseat from the Nissan and put it in the truck, and then removed the carseat from the truck when they disposed of you and your son on the side of the road and he sat in that car? That was very thoughtful of them!'
DV: 'Well... I.... we were actually in the truck until Saturday evening.'
LE: 'But still, they took the time to remove the carseat and put it in the truck, and removed it when they let you out? Is that your story?'
DV: *crickets*

It doesn't appear that there are any LE vehicles there, unless they are parked in a different area. I wonder if they have done a search of inside the apartment yet? Maybe I missed it?
Yes, on Sunday.

Search expands for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
Neighbors said investigators were at the family’s apartment on Kirkwood in Meadows Place on Sunday, collecting evidence and talking to neighbors.

Houston Police on Twitter
UPDATE on the search for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis: HPD investigators have new pictures of the stolen silver Nissan Altima (Texas paper tags 330-92G9) from which she was reportedly abducted. The photos, provided by family, were taken before her disappearance. #hounews
D6EILHYWAAMprsM.jpg
D6EIOYFWAAEbyd4.jpg
D6EIZ05WAAA_W4d.jpg

1:23 PM - 8 May 2019

Houston Police on Twitter
While HPD is not searching specific locations for Maleah, the investigation is very active & detectives need the public’s help. If you’ve seen Maleah, the silver Nissan or the blue pickup truck (like this one) call HPD Homicide at 713-308-3600 or @crimestophou at 713-222-TIPS.
D6EI4i0XoAEmNpU.jpg
D6EI6wrXsAANzsg.jpg

1:25 PM - 8 May 2019

Thanks for being our boots on the ground.

Did you notice surveillance cameras on the apartment grounds?

I'm hoping such surveillance might answer the last time MD was seen leaving and/or returning to the apartment.
What a good question! And, I’m sorry to say that I didn’t even look. Even if the apartment complex didn’t have cameras, many of the intersections and businesses all around the apartments probably do. JMO

New photos released of car Maleah Davis' stepfather was driving before alleged abduction
We have new photos of the car tied to the disappearance of a Houston child and police want you to be on the lookout for it.

The car is a Nissan Altima with paper tag 330-92G9. It’s the car that Derion Vence was reportedly driving when he was allegedly assaulted and abducted along with his stepdaughter, 4-year-old Maleah Davis, and his one-year-old son.

[...]

The Altima is missing and police need your help to find it. Houston police released the new photos Wednesday afternoon.

Red Light Cameras in Sugar Land: Camera Coverage | Sugar Land, TX - Official Website

Traffic Cameras in Sugar Land: Sugar Land, TX - Current Traffic (See graphic). That's a lot of cameras....

Looking closer, their apartments are just outside of this plethora of traffic cameras. I'm going to look up the traffic cams in that area next. You can see my mouse on the intersection where their apartment is. (Kirkwood and Bissonnet).

Traffic cams in the city aren't looking too promising either... other than every freeway in the city, there isn't much in the area of where they live as far as traffic cams go. Here's to hoping he screwed up and drove through Sugar Land. Houston TranStar Cameras

Attachments

• Capture_ACD_0.jpg
    Capture_ACD_0.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 13
  • Capture1_ACD_0.jpg
    Capture1_ACD_0.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 12
I don't think it's from an airbag. It looks like he gave himself two whacks on the forehead. It looks like there is a indentation between the two. And why no bruising?

Two grown men attacking you and don't fight back to save your son and girlfriends daughter? And they give you those two small injuries on your forehead? No I don't think so.

What about the nissan symbol on the steering wheel..lol
maxresdefault.jpg

My neighbor's son had a horrible fall when he was around 2 or 3 (he is 13 now). CPS immediately started an investigation as soon as the Children's Hospital he was taken to notified them of a significant fall injury. I was not their neighbor until her son was around 5, so I am just going off her telling me what happened. I was STUNNED but understanding after she told me what they all went through after he fell. I do not remember the details but they had to have home studies and more. It was pretty intensive. In the end, there was no finding of any evidence of abuse and/or neglect. She is an amazing mom. She now is fostering her baby niece. The system felt safe enough to trust her with that.
Your account reads true to my observation -- CPS appears quick and conducts a thorough investigation.

It seems to me that the breakdown with CPS happens during the monitoring period and/or after the court decides to allow the children back in the home.

I often hear foster parents complain that they are the care providers constantly interviewed instead of devoting the resources to monitored parents who's children have recently been returned to the home .

And here we are again wondering why a child is endangered and missing.

MOO

Ivory Hecker FOX 26

‪Happening Now: Mother of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis is visibly emotional as she begins another day handing out flyers and searching for her daughter. Brittany Bowens (in red) is searching near the home she has shared with Maleah and her fiancé Darion Vence.‬ She tells me Darion proposed to her a few weeks ago.

—-

Interesting screenshot in the comments. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members