Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart breaks for that little girls family the parents may not be perfect but they love that little girl . The mom had no idea this would happen when she went to her dads funeral that’s just my opinion. But dv he needs to have a heart and tell them where that little angel is . There’s so many children on this board never found most of them because a family member ended the child’s life to soon. I hope this little one is different and is found and maybe that 1% of hope she’s Alive we all can dream Moo

It could happen when my daughter was 3 she was turning around on a swivel chair she fell hit her forehead on corner of a cabinet she got 7 stitches and a few nights in hospital . I can’t fault the mom on this .

True, it can happen. When I was a kid I was standing on a chair during my birthday party to blow out candles and I fell and hit my face on the edge of the table. Busted my eyebrow open and needed stitches. The difference is though if CPS came in they wouldn't have taken me out of the house as it was a loving home where I was more than provided for and taken care of. The fact that CPS got involved and had reason to take the child out of the house tells me a lot of what I need to know.

Noting from the flyer in this photo:

She has pierced ears, a large scar from the beginning of her scalp to the left side of her head, she has a scar on her forehead. She had brain surgery on 3/19 and has been sick lately.

D6Dw3XSWAAEzLv4.jpg

Miya Shay on Twitter

Children who are 3-5-year's-old are taught fire safety, stranger danger, and sometimes good/bad touch in preschool. Some doctors even teach children the proper names for their private areas. IMO-I think it is starting to become appropriate that they are learning about child abuse safety in school and what to do about it if is coming from their parent/primary caregiver. I think so many very young children believe because it is their parent that it is o.k because mommy or daddy loves me. I realize that may not help all children if the abuse was only one time before they were killed. However, most children here that I have followed have experienced abuse for long periods of time.
Also, IMO I think CPS/DHS whatever each state calls it, should give these children child abuse classes before they are reunited with their parents. They need to be taught how to speak up and protect themselves from the caregivers who are supposed to love and properly care for them. Sad World we live in.
And yes in cases where the child abuse is substantiated, I don't think they should ever be reunited with their parents in the 1st place.

RSBBM
She is talking about something that happened at least 6 months ago in the present tense. Time is her priority. It's a quote, so while I'm bothered that she doesn't use Maleah's name, it's less important. This also places the blame for the fall on Maleah. We don't know enough about the circumstances of the fall, but the blame bothers me. She also blames nurses for not checking her head at the first hospital trip. Almost a "see it's not my fault"

MOO.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with what you're saying. She is not placing the blame on anyone, she was simply telling how her daughter fell, how is that placing the blame on the child? She literally just said that she was sitting on the kitchen table eating and fell. I also can simpatize with her being very frustrated with the medical care that her child got. I'm pretty sure most parents would be somewhat frustrated and disappointed in that situation, no?
It doesn't really matter how many times you say "don't jump on the bed", "don't climb on the table", "stop running like that" because kids just don't see the dangers that adults see. Best believe that you turn your back for 2 seconds and the kids are doing the very same thing you just told them not to do 2 seconds ago... Is that anyone's fault, really?
How can CPS prove if her "previous signs of abuse" were inflicted by her parents? She has a older sibling and a younger sibling, kids fight, push each other, kids get hurt they themselves also. What exactly were her "signs of abuse"? And if the case was against Maleah's mother and father why did they remove the youngest child as well? Not everything is black and white. There was an investigation, were the allegations proved? The thing that is very telling to me is that the mother went to visit her children and the father didn't... She does care about those kids.

Children who are 3-5-year's-old are taught fire safety, stranger danger, and sometimes good/bad touch in preschool. Some doctors even teach children the proper names for their private areas. IMO-I think it is starting to become appropriate that they are learning about child abuse safety in school and what to do about it if is coming from their parent/primary caregiver. I think so many very young children believe because it is their parent that it is o.k because mommy or daddy loves me. I realize that may not help all children if the abuse was only one time before they were killed. However, most children here that I have followed have experienced abuse for long periods of time.
Also, IMO I think CPS/DHS whatever each state calls it, should give these children child abuse classes before they are reunited with their parents. They need to be taught how to speak up and protect themselves from the caregivers who are supposed to love and properly care for them. Sad World we live in.
And yes in cases where the child abuse is substantiated, I don't think they should ever be reunited with their parents in the 1st place.

This would be great, but it's kind of like 911; they'd have to find a way to teach them what is or isn't abuse. If not, we just end up with a still clogged system with overwhelmed caseworkers who are chasing cases of non-abuse and getting burnt out before they reach the real cases.

Why are they calling him the "step-father"? He is a boyfriend (fiance). Anyway, has it been said how long this guy was at Highway 6 when he woke up with his 1yr old son? I can't believe the 1yr old didn't wander off or get hurt. ( FYI, I'm not buying any of this IMO)

IMO, It's telling that DV is nowhere to be seen when it comes to searching or handing out flyers for his missing stepdaughter who was "abducted" in front of his very face. He doesn't seem to be the smartest, so I am struggling with what he could have done with the car. Did he put it in water? I don't know if he has the sense to do that without accidentally drowning himself.

Why are they calling him the "step-father"? He is a boyfriend (fiance). Anyway, has it been said how long this guy was at Highway 6 when he woke up with his 1yr old son? I can't believe the 1yr old didn't wander off or get hurt. ( FYI, I'm not buying any of this IMO)
According to his story, he woke up at 6 p.m. and arrived at the hospital 10-11 p.m. (some reports say 9-10 p.m.). During those four to five hours, he claimed that he was seeking help, trying to flag down vehicles, etc. MOO

Last edited:

This keeps being asked it really bothers me. Common law is a thing in Texas. If she ever once referred to him as her husband, or he referred to her as his wife, they are common law married under the law in Texas. If they were to separate, they would have to legally file for divorce, even without ever having a marriage license. I KNOW THIS FIRST HAND and so does my ex-husband "that I never married".

Also, I'm not even sure why it matters.

Common Law Marriage in Texas - FindLaw

IMO, It's telling that DV is nowhere to be seen when it comes to searching or handing out flyers for his missing stepdaughter who was "abducted" in front of his very face. He doesn't seem to be the smartest, so I am struggling with what he could have done with the car. Did he put it in water? I don't know if he has the sense to do that without accidentally drowning himself.

Probably because he's guilty. And probably because he's scared of her father. Just saying, you know? Probably.

He doesn't seem to be the smartest, so I am struggling with what he could have done with the car. Did he put it in water? I don't know if he has the sense to do that without accidentally drowning himself.

Could explain the injury on his forehead. I've heard hitting water in a car is no different than hitting a wall..... Wonder if the steering wheel has a pattern that's embedded in his face now.

I won’t believe she was sick or had the flu until I see confirmation of a doctor’s visit. With a child that’s recovering from brain surgery, I’d be calling the doctor at the first sniffle or sneeze.

Any kind of flu-like symptoms would be very worrisome after surgery, but especially after brain surgery. Besides the concern of an infection, bleeding or swelling/pressure on the brain can disrupt the circulation of cerebrospinal fluid. If the CSF is blocked or the meninges are torn, it can leak out the nose, mouth or ears and mimic cold/flu symptoms such as headache and vomiting. The brain and spinal cord are highly susceptible to infection (meningitis) if the meninges (membranes covering the brain) aren’t intact. A parent would be well advised of symptoms to watch for after brain surgery and should know flu-like symptoms are cause for immediate medical care. People can go from zero symptoms to dead in hours from meningitis. Moo, but I am a nursing student and my brother has had several brain surgeries performed by Dr. Ben Carson. He educated us well on what to watch for after surgery.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with what you're saying. She is not placing the blame on anyone, she was simply telling how her daughter fell, how is that placing the blame on the child? She literally just said that she was sitting on the kitchen table eating and fell. I also can simpatize with her being very frustrated with the medical care that her child got. I'm pretty sure most parents would be somewhat frustrated and disappointed in that situation, no?
It doesn't really matter how many times you say "don't jump on the bed", "don't climb on the table", "stop running like that" because kids just don't see the dangers that adults see. Best believe that you turn your back for 2 seconds and the kids are doing the very same thing you just told them not to do 2 seconds ago... Is that anyone's fault, really?
How can CPS prove if her "previous signs of abuse" were inflicted by her parents? She has a older sibling and a younger sibling, kids fight, push each other, kids get hurt they themselves also. What exactly were her "signs of abuse"? And if the case was against Maleah's mother and father why did they remove the youngest child as well? Not everything is black and white. There was an investigation, were the allegations proved? The thing that is very telling to me is that the mother went to visit her children and the father didn't... She does care about those kids.

I SO agree with your statement about kids.

As for the CPS - the only thing I can think of is that the prior injuries seen were the type of injuries that are consistent with abuse (i.e. healing spiral fracture).

The youngest would have been removed because it is the bio child of BB and living with BB. If bio dad (DV) had refused to move out with the child and remove him from BB during the investigation he'd be removed from the home.

You're right that nothing is black and white. We don't know the full case details. From the court documents it sounds like the abuse was proven, but BB complied with the reunification plan. However, without all of the documents this could be an incorrect assumption. But yes, the fact that bio dad didn't visit the kids is telling. The fact that mom complied with the reunification plan enough to have the kids placed back in her temporary care is telling as well.

VIDEO: Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Happening Now: Mother of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis is visibly emotional as she begins another day handing out flyers and searching for her daughter. Brittany Bowens (in red) is searching near the home she has shared with Maleah and her fiancé Darion Vence.
11:23 AM - 8 May 2019

VIDEO: Jason Miles on Twitter
.. Missing 4 year-old #MaleahDavis’s mother (red shirt) is among those in Kirkwood/Bissonett area this morning. Volunteers have printed 100s of flyers to pass out. Mom Brittany Bowens isn’t speaking, at this point. @KHOU #khou11 #htownrush
11:19 AM - 8 May 2019

Miya Shay on Twitter
My question about little #MaleahDavis, still missing: was CPS or her court appointed guardian that signed off on the little girl being returned to her immediate family? Did they do a thorough assessment or was she just a number in the system?
11:39 AM - 8 May 2019
Good to see the ground is dry and they are not underwater where BB and volunteers handing out flyers.

I wish BB was trying to get answers from DV, and let others hand out flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member