Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of today, the mother has said she no longer believes the boyfriend's story. She also says he bears some of the responsibility in her disappearance. The CNN video is on their facebook page, Im unsure if I am allowed to share those links.
BBM If those are her exact words, pretty interesting choice of wording. Who bears the rest of the responsibility?

From this link...Car involved in missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis case has been found

"At the location on Thursday, store employees said they didn't see the Altima in the parking lot earlier in the week.

Avis Car Rental employee Amber Ryan said the business parks unused rental cars in the parking space where the car was found. She said the car wasn't in that parking spot when she worked on Tuesday. She said she didn't work on Wednesday.

"Every time a customer comes and says 'Hey I'm picking up a car' we always look out there," she said.

Fefe Taylor, an employee at Riverstone Dental, also said she didn't see any cars on that side of the parking lot when she arrived at work between 7:35 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. Thursday morning."

So the car just showed up yesterday!?? There have got to be cameras all over a strip mall parking lot. Who dropped off that car!???
Curiouser and curiouser. If the employee is remembering correctly then why was the car moved from a previous locaton?

Although HPD Detective Ken Fregia described it as "clean" he clarified that it didn't appear to have been cleaned.
“The car’s clean and I don’t mean in that somebody’s cleaned it,” Fregia said at a news conference. “The car looks normal. There’s no obvious signs of anything happening in the car.”
It's been a week since anyone has seen 4-year-old Maleah Davis. Here's what we know - CNN
So what caused the perp to move the car? The first thing that comes to mind is that it previously was somewhere that created a risk - a bigger risk than moving the car to an area with multiple cameras.

Was the perp trying to create the illusion that the "kidnappers" had possession of the car all this time and just dumped it yesterday? Why then bother to remove the keys?

I can't get my head around this.

Last edited:
Nosey me went over there yesterday morning since I had an errand to run nearby. You are correct that the paper plate says June 1, 2019 as an expiration date.
Thank you for that. I thought my eyes were old. LOL Is there any way we can find a purchase date? This still bothers me for some reason.... I'll let it go.

Is this was people are referring to as “aggressive defense”???
She has never aggressively defended him or his story. I think right off the bat that any of us would mildly back up our significant other until it was made clear that things were not adding up, which she did.

I would say she absolutely “aggressively defended” him on social media right after this hit the news.

Idk but “aggressive defense” can be interpreted differently, imo. Idk that “any of us” would back up our SO. I would back no one until I was 100% certain they were 100% innocent, but another person might be inclined to believe her/his SO.
I think it's a little harder if you have a child together. If you can't trust the other parent, it makes it pretty hard to stay together or parent together. They weren't separated, so I'm assuming they would not have those trust issues.
I think people tend to defend their loved ones against accusations rather than immediately assume it must be true.
She did not stand up for him too long. Even from the beginning it seemed that she doubted his story even though she publicly said she believed him.
Maliah's own father said he didn't want to blame him, he just wanted answers. Imo

Can those of you willing to give mom a pass, despite having the children removed by CPS for 6 months and not having followed through with the court ordered parenting classes(links posted upthread) explain your reasoning?

I could understand giving a pass if there was no CPS history, but with history it's hard to understand. Maleah wasn't even back in BB's care for 90 days and she is missing and likely deceased.

And according to MSM, neither adult completed parenting class.
I have no tolerance for abuse of any kind, child, elderly or animal. It all disgusts me & idk why a parent gets a “do-over”. It seems to me abuse escalates once CPS is involved.
I know in my area it does because the abuser dislikes what they deem as “interference” in their parenting. I think it might add an element of stress within the household. I also think after a visit, all heck might break loose with the parent knowing they are in a safe zone for a month or so.
Jmo

This is interesting to me. As someone posted in Cheryl Mercedes' thread that they tried to contact police about seeing the Nissan in the vicinity it was found and IIRC it was Tuesday evening they saw it. But the comment only stated the intersection of Hwy 6 & 1092 Road, Missouri City, not a specific building/parking lot.

ETA: Cheryl Mercedes KHOU
Interesting, a description of the driver would be helpful...

I agree with you. I know there have been a lot of theories but I definitely think it could have been something accidental and he acted out of fear. I surely hope we find the truth soon. This is heartbreaking. It makes me hug my little one a little longer...

I've posted that very scenario. The far-fetched nature of his story really indicates he was in a reactive-cover up mode. I mean of all the injuries he could have endured in an assault he chose a head injury? Squarely located in the center of his forehead? Realistically, you are going to duck, turn your head, throw your arms up to shield your face. The odds of such a clean hit without abrasions elsewhere are slim. Then the length of time he was supposedly out of it and had his toddler. Ridiculous. Now he's stuck, no way out but to confess. Will he do that?

Last edited:
Can those of you willing to give mom a pass, despite having the children removed by CPS for 6 months and not having followed through with the court ordered parenting classes(links posted upthread) explain your reasoning?

I could understand giving a pass if there was no CPS history, but with history it's hard to understand. Maleah wasn't even back in BB's care for 90 days and she is missing and likely deceased.

I don't think anyone is "giving her a pass" I know I am not. I personally do not think she knows what happened and I feel sympathy for her but at the same time she failed this child. As a mother (or parent in general) our job is to take care of our children, remove them from harm, keep them safe, she did not do that.

I feel bad for her to an extent but again she is an adult and given the past with CPS I am not sure how much she actually "cares" for her children. CPS failed her. Her mother failed her. I just pray we find her soon.

I hope BB and DV are held accountable as well as cps for this.

If Maleah died because of an accident or neglect, wouldn't that be a better story to tell? But to take it to this level makes it worse for what shape her body is when she's found.

Has there been anything said about her helmet? Was it found at the apartment?

I honestly do not think he is very smart. Period. Even if it was "accidental" he is still responsible either way, no matter what he failed this child. I have not seen anything about the helmet.

Did LE ever put a bolo for the truck or men?
I agree, we won’t be reading any such headline.
I don't think they did. In fact I only remember them mentioning the truck in that one statement with the description but nothing like they would in an Amber Alert. Unless I missed something.
Their first priority was finding the car, and even then they said nothing about the blue truck. Imo

I'm not willing to give BB a pass for the previous abuse, for having DV involved in her life if he was the abuser or accused of abuse, for not following CPS directions and/or court orders. However, with what we currently know I'm not willing to say she was directly involved with MD being missing/abducted, injured or killed.
jmo

Why do we keep sleuthing mom and mention social media posts? She has not been named a POI. Way too many posts to report.

I do not think anyone is "sleuthing" mom, I think others are trying to sympathize and feel concern for her. I know others tried to say her dads funeral was an excuse, I have never once said that. I have said I feel bad for her and actually tried to get back on topic that DV knows something. Report away but also read the actual post and understand what people are saying instead of just reporting them.. J M O

Mom is a victim too in all of this regardless of her role

I think a lot of the comments regarding mom's defense of DV are coming from screencaps of her fb posts from early on. We can't paraphrase or discuss them, but I will say she did put a lot out there early on and it wasn't showing her in the best light.
Delete

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members