Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tina2798, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Well-Known Member

Looks like 30 days:
    TxDMV.GOV - Temporary Permits
    MOO

LadyL, Cubby, IHAVENOCLUE and 8 others like this.
  2. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

Delete - answer already posted

sleuther0192837465 likes this.
  3. sleuther0192837465

I think you’re onto something...good eye!!
    MOO

4. wulphie

wulphie Member

Im a long time lurker, just wanted to share some insight into the Texas temp plate. In Texas you can still go to the court house and extend your temp tag 3 times. They recently had to overhaul their online system due to a bunch of fraud where people were able to purchase unlimited temp tags on the internet without proper documents. A lot of people with flooded vehicles/stolen vehicles/criminals were using this loophole. Texas DMV Halts Parts of Online Paper License Plate System

Edit: I tried to share a link up there to the story but idk if it worked, >_<

5. lclabtech

lclabtech Well-Known Member

So BB left town on the 30th and he immediately buys a new car? The next day?

I’m thinking something happened much earlier than I was before...

Edit: nevermind, I see it can be extended.

6. Winterhike

Winterhike On Time Out

Yikes, what an awful possibility. I don't remember seeing any photos of the back of the car that are clearer or closer up to see if it really says June 1.
    If the car was purchased on May 1 though, that would have been the day after BB flew to New England ... I was under the impression that LE knows the car belongs to BB, but maybe that was never true and some of the reports saying "stepdad's car" are correct after all.
    Edit: saw the post about extending the tags; still would sure like to know when the car was purchased and by whom.

7. sleuther0192837465

It’s still possible it hasn’t been extended. If no evidence of Maleah is found inside that car, then I’d really like to know the date the car was purchased. MOO

nerdita, IHAVENOCLUE, x_files and 5 others like this.
  8. lucylulu

Yes, but it could of been purchased on 4/30 as well if it was in the evening at the dealership. Didn't DV have the Flu on 2nd.
    4/26 last day MD at daycare
    4/30- 5/1 new car purchase
    Mom leaves out of town
    May 1 (?), 2019 - DV sent home from work

May 2, 2019 - DV "officially" home with the flu

May 3, 2019 @ 9pm - DV & children abducted

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Cubby, IHAVENOCLUE, x_files and 5 others like this.
  9. lucylulu

- It could still be BB's car and they issued the tag date for the next day. MOO

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  10. lucylulu

Welcome wulphie and thank you for this information!

11. lucylulu

BBM- what did you think happened much earlier

IHAVENOCLUE and Jim_M like this.
  12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Adding to my post re. ownership of Altima

The silver Nissan Altima that was being driven by Derion Vence remains missing. According to police, the car is owned by Brittany Bowens and was recently purchased by her. It was seen on a traffic light camera in Sugar Land, Texas, about 2:54 p.m. on Saturday, May 5.

Maleah Davis Amber Alert: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

13. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

TxDMV issues a 30-Day Permit for the temporary movement of a vehicle subject to Texas registration laws. A 30-Day Permit is valid for a period of 30 days from the effective date reflected on the permit.

No more than three 30-Day Permits will be issued per vehicle. bbm

TxDMV.GOV - Temporary Permits

Cubby, IHAVENOCLUE, kgreg2529 and 9 others like this.
  14. lucylulu

I wonder what time her flight was on the 30th. Maybe they purchased it on the 30th in the am. MOO

15. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

As there can be up to 3 temp permits -- very much possible the vehicle was purchased up to 90 days ago.

16. ThatBlueMermaid

ThatBlueMermaid Well-Known Member

Yea... I brought it up on the last thread. There were HUGE gators being caught in Clear Lake after the big rains you guys had. And those are just the ones making their way into people's yards. Can't imagine what is lurking in the desolate spots where someone would ideally conceal their crimes.

17. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I don't know if anyone has screenshots of mom's 'Autumn Vence' FB, before it was shut down...but I am pretty sure there are pictures of her silver Nissan taken earlier than May 1st. I think they must have replaced the tags a time or two. JMO

Tbone144, LadyL, lucylulu and 13 others like this.
  18. evelezrn

evelezrn Registered Nurse

Maybe I'm counting wrong so please double check me. But if a 30 Day tag is for exactly 30 days, a car bought on 5/1 would expire 5/31 right? (IF it had not been extended.)

Tbone144, IHAVENOCLUE and Jim_M like this.
  19. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Was just reading posts about CPS returning kids to the same people that abused or neglected to them and it made me think. Many know I work with rescue animals. So in that line of thinking, if an animal is adopted from the rescues I work with, the rescues have the right to remove the animal for abuse/neglect. Anyone that has an animal removed from them is blacklisted from EVER adopting from that rescue. AND their name is sent to all other area rescues to alert them of the situation. Sometimes there are criminal charges and fines, but the vast majority of the time, our local LE won't do anything. At any rate, those adopters aren't given a second chance by the rescues. Sure they could acquire another animal by facebook, craigslist, etc, and sometimes the rescue hears about it, and secretly monitors the situation. BUT, the point being, for an ANIMAL there isnt' a second chance, yet for a HUMAN CHILD there is numerous chances! It's not right!

20. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

This entire event just sickens me. Many of us have been on WS for years, and it's not difficult to figure this out. We could be surprised, I suppose, but once it is determined there are no additional prints in the vehicle, reality will set in with DV. Next step - where is she? Please, God, not alligators.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.