Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you baby girl. We need for you to come home to rest. Please dear God let her be found very soon.. today would be nice.

I had a panic attack after coming home from the hospital with my baby girl when I walked out to the garage twenty feet away and felt like I was the worst mother in the world. And to leave your little girl with a child beater and molester. I'm tired of throw away kids. The ones that are passed over for that new baby with mom's new paramour.

In the photos of Maleah, it seemed like uncertain smiles. Forced. Am I the only one?

I noticed it, but I wasn’t sure if it was unsure smiles or if it could’ve been a special needs deficit thing. Because that can impact emotions.

I’m in the same boat as you @MsBetsy
I’m just seeing difference ONLY on the fact her face is front and center and is not hiding as we see with usually guilty parties (JMO)
I do believe her grief is real but I think part is in the fact for herself. Gah. I always try to see the good in people. I’ve been around this site for years and I guess I should know better.

I’m going to try and center my sympathy from here on out for Maleah. She’s the one that needs our thoughts and love. Not these awful negligent “parents”. She has grief for the loss of her child. Fine. But the truth is she did leave her with a man she suspected of molesting her daughter; her own words. And KNEW he beat her.
I keep repeating this to myself :(
Yes, its a terrible problem and we see it over and over when there is an abusive man harming a child and the woman puts him before her own child.
I will never understand it. Many times the woman is being controlled and abused as well.
I have no doubt CPS addressed this. One of the things they ask during an investigation is if there is any domestic abuse. They ask specific questions about whether anyone is being controlled by a partner and if for any reason the woman or children do not feel safe in the home.
I have no doubt they would have addressed all this knowing about the "stepfather." I would think they even suspected abuse by him. They would have given BB information and resources, including phone numbers, a list of protective shelters for women and children, and other resources.
She had plenty of chances to do something to protect her children, for months!
I also don't understand how CPS or the court decided to place the children back in the home for a trial period. They should have made them complete the parenting classes, as well as therapy, before the children were ever returned to the home.
They were way too lenient in my opinion. They still had custody of these kids and should have removed all possibility of Maleah getting abused further. Visiting the home once a month is hardly supervision.
The parents should never have been trusted to be responsible for the children, especially since there were clear signs of on-going physical abuse.
This should never be allowed to happen, but for some reason it does, all too often. Imo

The part where BB asks DV why he’s cleaning and he tells her “you know”, (or similar), gives me pause. When did MD die? Did Gma see her the day prior to BB flying out, or not. Any guesses on the storage capacity of the stairwell camera? I think that will be the only proof of the last sighting of MD.

Where are you baby girl. We need for you to come home to rest. Please dear God let her be found very soon.. today would be nice.

I had a panic attack after coming home from the hospital with my baby girl when I walked out to the garage twenty feet away and felt like I was the worst mother in the world. And to leave your little girl with a child beater and molester. I'm tired of throw away kids. The ones that are passed over for that new baby with mom's new paramour.

In the photos of Maleah, it seemed like uncertain smiles. Forced. Am I the only one?
I noticed that about some of her pictures too. Her mouth is smiling but you can tell by her eyes it seems forced. Imo

My thoughts,follow the police and the search.The police already saw whether He left the apartment for the drive to the airport with 2 children or one because of the video camera.The basket and trash bag might have been put in the car.The searchers were looking at where he said he stopped and then were moving to where the apartment was.They are also looking at surveillance camera and phone records.They will bring him in when they have enough evidence.
Why do y’all think it is taking so long to arrest DV? I have seen people arrested on way less evidence than we seem to have here. And, I’m sure the police have more. So, why has he not been arrested already?

Yes, its a terrible problem and we see it over and over when there is an abusive man harming a child and the woman puts him before her own child.
I will never understand it. Many times the woman is being controlled and abused as well.
I have no doubt CPS addressed this. One of the things they ask during an investigation is if there is any domestic abuse. They ask specific questions about whether anyone is being controlled by a partner and if for any reason the woman or children do not feel safe in the home.
I have no doubt they would have addressed all this knowing about the "stepfather." I would think they even suspected abuse by him. They would have given BB information and resources, including phone numbers, a list of protective shelters for women and children, and other resources.
She had plenty of chances to do something to protect her children, for months!
I also don't understand how CPS or the court decided to place the children back in the home for a trial period. They should have made them complete the parenting classes, as well as therapy, before the children were ever returned to the home.
They were way too lenient in my opinion. They still had custody of these kids and should have removed all possibility of Maleah getting abused further. Visiting the home once a month is hardly supervision.
The parents should never have been trusted to be responsible for the children, especially since there were clear signs of on-going physical abuse.
This should never be allowed to happen, but for some reason it does, all too often. Imo

I’ll never understand it either. Many women stay and the man isn’t worth it. As a mother, how can you question whether or not your child is being molested and then leave your child alone with them? That’s endangerment.

Djgirl. You put my exact thoughts into words. Who in God's name suspects someone is molesting their daughter then leaves her with him for an indefinite amount of time? Even if BB were abused herself, say you're taking Maleah to the funeral with you, or any story to get her AWAY FROM HIM!!!! I can't with these self-centered "mothers"... $*&#$@*...MHOO and all that.

A woman desperate to have a man, any man, imo.
Maybe she was on some fantasy trip thinking DV was gonna make it big as a rapper.

Good find....but I think its an assumption based on the story they've been given. The part that's bothering me is "one day before..,.". That's DV's story and I don't believe him.
This definitely clears up the "black bag" reporting from yesterday. This indicates that its one and the same as the black garbage bag.
Yes, I hear you. I want to know if BB spoke to Maleah while BB was in MA and if so, when? She was asked that question yesterday but unfortunately, we didn't get an answer.

Mother of Maleah Davis blames girl’s stepfather for disappearance
In the video, Vence was seen the morning after Bowens went to Massachusetts for her father’s funeral carrying two bottles of bleach, a large laundry container and a black bag stuffed inside, Quanell X said.

Why do y’all think it is taking so long to arrest DV? I have seen people arrested on way less evidence than we seem to have here. And, I’m sure the police have more. So, why has he not been arrested already?

Interesting question. They can’t even find him now to arrest him and he was “cooperating” at that point before wasn’t he? . I’m going to suspect if they find him, they’ll question him and go from there.

Did LE find him? The day the car was found, the LEO answering questions claimed they did not know where DV was.

They are still going through evidence.They are hoping to find Maleah Davis.The boyfriend is not talking .My gut feeling is more will be found around the apartment area.

He may not have noticed it was there til later. Blood could have transferred from a part of the basket as he was lifting. I'll sometimes put my basket on my hip as I'm opening my door to the laundry room. He may have done the same as he walked out to the vehicle. I'd like to know if they found those clothes anywhere. I wonder if he called BB, about the cleaning spree, after the time stamp on that vid. I bet he knew it was there. That's why he tossed that cleaning spree into the conversation.

Good point.
Another thing I wonder, when BB finally gained access to the apartment, did she have LE with her? Iirc, the maintenance man opened the door. If a cop was with her, I assume he entered the unit, looked around, etc. was he overwhelmed by Clorox?

Re M's photos: That's the first thing I noticed, lack of a genuine smile, didn't seem to reach her eyes, which look troubled to me. I wonder if she ever felt happiness and joy.

I know its sad. But do we really know the family dynamics... everything that was going on. THE TRUTH.. Maybe he wanted to distance himself from that. Who's knows maybe BB will telling lies about him next. MOO

I’ve said the same a few times. maybe he felt the need to step back to avoid being accused for things he had no part of. It’s not overly difficult to abuse a child, then allow her to visit someone else & blame him for the abuse. Moo

AMBER ALERT: 4-Year-Old Maleah Davis Reported Kidnapped By 3 Men - Blue Lives Matter

I am almost thinking that Websleuths needs a dedicated thread just for hoaxes. The stepfather told police "I was hit over the head, kidnapped, put in the back of a truck, driven around by three men, two were Hispanic.".

If this guy is charged, he should also have to answer for his race baiting lies. Imagine if the police had started pulling over Hispanic men with a truck...looking for Maleah, based on DV statements.

I am completely disgusted by people who lie to law enforcement, and get a pass.

People like this know exactly what kind of women they can control. If she had gotten rid of him, he would have just moved on to someone else.

Some men have a knack for seeking out women desperate for a relationship. Often the man has no interest in the woman, his interest is with her children.
I think she would have found another man just like DV.
And might again, down the road. Jmo

One week ago today, BB made an incomplete report about her missing family. After LE did not follow-up, BB2 was instrumental in completing the missing persons report.

A week later, BB is still evasive about her missing child.

Instead of working with LE, she's standing on point with a questionable spokesperson.

Again, it's more me, me, me, and nothing about the welfare of her daughter, or even an appeal for recovering her daughter.

MOO

The reasons how and why Quanell X is involved keep whirling around in my head. I'm wondering if he contacted BB and offered his help for free. His reputation in Houston has been questionable recently and maybe he feels that he needs to "help" solve the mystery of MD to put himself back in a good light.

He has been known to help LE with getting suspects to confess. Maybe LE contacted him for his help. Maybe he got BB to talk? Maybe QX feels that his involvement will redeem himself to the public? There has to be something in this for him.

QX's press conference yesterday was quite a surprise bomb. He is not an attorney. I found this article from the Houston Chronicle back in 2018. Quanell X sued by family alleging he passed himself off as a lawyer

This is all so bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members