Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #5 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tina2798, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sraybella

sraybella Well-Known Member

Looks like 8:53 to me.
    I find it really interesting that the article states the neighbor saw him the same night Maleah was reported missing...sans knot on head. If she’s remembering correctly, then I guess the abductors took him back home first.

2. astansell

astansell Well-Known Member

Duh! Pretty standard protocol for 3 mystery Hispanic men. ;)

abr, Traymar, adot0902 and 12 others like this.
  3. Susan A

Susan A Active Member

I was abused as a child and it never, ever became normal or OK. I did not ignore it. I did not participate. I was very aware of the people I brought into my son’s life when I was raising him. Sweet little Maleah was surrounded by monsters including the government agencies that released her back into her personal hell.

LaLaw2000, Lynetta, abr and 23 others like this.
  4. ilovematt

ilovematt Well-Known Member

Well I was abused and I protect my littles so ferociously and would literally end up in prison. They are my most important job. I also worked through a lot of my trauma in therapy. Maybe your study is more related to untreated recovery. You can feel normal and live a healthy happy life. It’s not a good message to survivors that it’s a death sentence.

sparkleghost, Lynetta, abr and 21 others like this.
  5. lclabtech

lclabtech Well-Known Member

I’ve confused myself now. When they say “on the same night Maleah was reported missing” do they mean the night he showed up at the hospital? As in Saturday at 7pm?

6. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

When she asked LE to get her into her apt., isn't that when that LEO called their homicide team b/c he/she noted the blood in the hall? That's pretty fast. I might be wrong, but, that's how I'm remembering that they got involved. Someone point me in the right direction if I'm off. I've not had a chance to read the court docs yet.

Willow Knight, Jim_M and Dontknow? like this.
  7. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I wonder if the ER doctor could offer an explanation for the scratches? I know they can determine fresh v old, but as to the cause?

8. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Yep, she said she saw him standing on the porch smoking at 7pm. He saw her and went back into the apartment.

But the video of him walking to his car Tuesday morning is also interesting. Was there a timestamp on the video of him bringing Maleah back after dropping the boys off at preschool? Drop off would be around 7:30 or 8:00 am? Why would he leave alone without Maleah less than an hour later?

IHAVENOCLUE, Tarika, kimpage and 9 others like this.
  9. astansell

astansell Well-Known Member

Yes, her account of seeing him smoking was Saturday night at 7 pm

10. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

that's what I see too

Jim_M, PommyMommy and Knox like this.
  11. Tbone144

Tbone144 Well-Known Member

Looks like the scratches I got chasing cows through the blackberry bushes. The worst were where I wasn’t covered, I still have a couple of scars. Still managed to snag me through my T-shirt in places. I’m in Houston area, not sure how tall the bushes are at this point in the year yet. May have to venture into the neighbors swamp area and see.

ETA: doesn’t look like the honey locust trees grow down here at least according to wiki. Mesquite trees grow like crazy though and have thorns, usually in pastures areas in my experience. Haven’t tried to climb though mesquite trees because they are usually spread out a bit and haven’t had any need to. The blackberries are awful but they may be smaller (shorter) unless he climbed into a last season dead patch. Not sure how knocked down those are. Did he have scratches on his back? If they are only where his hands can reach I’m thinking a half hearted attempt with a razor blade (I have the scars on me to prove what a determined attempt looks like). If they are on his back I’m inclined to think he went through brambles or thorns.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  12. Winterhike

Winterhike Well-Known Member

That idiot RETURNED HOME in the middle of his so-called kidnapping/abduction misadventure???

Now I guess we know why the toddler son seemed fine and was conveniently with him when he "woke up" -- that kid was probably parked in front of the TV in that bleach-smelling apartment all day Saturday.

Now I really wonder about the 24-hour claim. Why did DV need to wait so long to show up at the hospital? Why not go/be dropped off there much earlier in the day? His story actually would not have seemed half as absurd in the media if he had not pretended to have been in and out of consciousness for such a ridiculous amount of time.

abr, Alcina, Gardener1850 and 15 others like this.
  13. lclabtech

lclabtech Well-Known Member

I don’t think HPD came into the apartment at that time, just an officer asked maintenance to let her in. But maybe I’m mistaken.

So... BB and JG were on social media asking people to look out for him and the kids on Saturday morning... and he was at home on Saturday at 7pm!?

abr, Traymar, MaliaMansly and 9 others like this.
  14. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I'm so confused. I don't know how LE figures out these convoluted stories. My head's about ready to explode.

abr, sindydee, Traymar and 21 others like this.
  15. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Ahh, stay away from swamps.....gators are all over.
    Blackberry bushes are rude, for sure. Especially if one gets tangled in them. If hospital staff noticed his shirt, they might have seen greenish stain from bushes, perhaps? Or particles from bushes or thorns. Just guessing. Obviously idk how or where he was scratched.

16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Does she still have video? Ty. Or did she only see him?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  17. Winterhike

Winterhike Well-Known Member

I fully agree that being abused as a child should never be an excuse for a parent to fail to protect his/her children, and in many cases I've seen it cause parents to be even more fierce in that protection.

But it's true that long-term trauma like that can really wreck a human being. Lots of personality disorders and other totally dysfunctional coping mechanisms start that way, and maybe that is part of this scenario. Again, NOT an excuse, especially with so much help available.

I wonder about the childhood abuse QX alleges BB experienced. He said she experienced both in her home and in foster care. This is speculation and wondering -- BB's mother and father were married at one time, because their last name is the same, so she probably lived with both of them together at some point. Was her father her first abuser, and that is all or part of why she was sent to foster care? If her parents lived together and her father abused her, did her mother also abuse her or fail to protect her? Otherwise, why didn't CPS leave her with her mother? She was close to her father at the time of his death, though, and wrote a lot about what a loved and wonderful person he was. Could this mean that she had forgiven him, or had normalized the situation in her head? Could all that history and abuse have contributed to why she failed Maleah so miserably?

AGAIN - all speculation, and if true, NOT AN EXCUSE.

kimpage, AnnaGrace, Jim_M and 3 others like this.
  18. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Awww, the same night he supposedly woke up from unconsciousness, alongside the road, about 6 pm?

abr, IHAVENOCLUE, Tarika and 7 others like this.
  19. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

We don’t know if BB had left yet, or was in the apartment at 8:53, that’s the thing.

20. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Which one actually leased the apartment?

Jim_M and PommyMommy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.