Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful. I’d love to know who wrote this because it’s the most we’ve ever heard about who Maleah was. No surprises that she loved singing and dancing and her brothers and My Little Ponies. She was beautiful inside and out. Such a tragic loss.

If had to guess who wrote it, IMO BB2 especially since the word "nurturing" is used. Regardless, it is beautifully written.

in @Winterhike ’s reflections re Maleah’s obituary, among other observations is a reference to Maleah as “nurturing.”

At the risk of casting a shadow over this beautiful tribute to such a sweet and loving ballerina, my gut sank at the reminder issue spot of an upthread poster (I’ve forgotten which engaged this particular concern) analyzing BB’s responses to a TV reporter in-studio interview questions about how BB would describe her daughter, what she wanted the world to know about Maleah, what kind of special memories or rituals they shared, etc.

IICR, in that interview, BB’s response about how Maleah was such an extremely nurturing child, how Maleah would come up to BB and ask BB if she was doing okay, was there anything Maleah could do for BB or get her, etc (I could be misremembering this) seemed to the upthread poster worrisome and possibly abnormal behavior or interaction for a four year old child to have with an adult; a possible sign that the child had stress or anxiety and wanted to make sure that she wasn’t making the adults angry or try to calm the adults around her so as to hopefully lessen the chance an adult may become upset and someone take it out on the child/ren.

The obituary clearly seems to point the nurturing loving manner of Maleah to her close sibling relationships and her empathy, unlike what seemed to be the much narrower and different focus of the reporter’s question and BB’s response.

Does anyone else remember that?

Maleah probably was "nurturing" to BB, trying to keep her calm and happy. BB seems pretty Borderline to me, like she would go from nice to Exorcist in a nanosecond. And Maleah probably got the brunt of it.

in @Winterhike ’s reflections re Maleah’s obituary, among other observations is a reference to Maleah as “nurturing.”

At the risk of casting a shadow over this beautiful tribute to such a sweet and loving ballerina, my gut sank at the reminder issue spot of an upthread poster (I’ve forgotten which engaged this particular concern) analyzing BB’s responses to a TV reporter in-studio interview questions about how BB would describe her daughter, what she wanted the world to know about Maleah, what kind of special memories or rituals they shared, etc.

IICR, in that interview, BB’s response about how Maleah was such an extremely nurturing child, how Maleah would come up to BB and ask BB if she was doing okay, was there anything Maleah could do for BB or get her, etc (I could be misremembering this) seemed to the upthread poster worrisome and possibly abnormal behavior or interaction for a four year old child to have with an adult; a possible sign that the child had stress or anxiety and wanted to make sure that she wasn’t making the adults angry or try to calm the adults around her so as to hopefully lessen the chance an adult may become upset and someone take it out on the child/ren.

The obituary clearly seems to point the nurturing loving manner of Maleah to her close sibling relationships and her empathy, unlike what seemed to be the much narrower and different focus of the reporter’s question and BB’s response.

I was one of the people who posted about that after the interview. It is normal and appropriate for a 4-year-old to express a natural nurturing tendency with a younger sibling (or pet, or well-loved toy, etc). It is not normal or appropriate for a 4-year-old to "nurture" a parent to a degree that BB described. I hope that Maleah got a chance to express some of her natural personality traits instead of reacting to her stressful home and the abusive or neglectful behavior of one or more of her caregivers, but we don't really know.

The way it's written about how Maleah's soul was nurturing, it's beautiful. MD took care of her little friends and siblings.

The way BB talks about MD being nurturing to HER- Mommy, do you need me for anything? or Are you okay?, it is just wrong. MD was not trying to nurture her temperamental mother. She was scared of her. MD's mission in life was to try to get away from whoever was angry.
imo

Maleah probably was "nurturing" to BB, trying to keep her calm and happy. BB seems pretty Borderline to me, like she would go from nice to Exorcist in a nanosecond. And Maleah probably got the brunt of it.

If Meleah was nurturing to her brothers, it shows what a sweet, caring child she was. If she was nurturing to her mother, imo, it shows that BB expected unconditional love from her. Children deserve unconditional love, not parents. I've heard so often how girls who come from a difficult childhood, think that having a baby will finally result in someone who will truly love them. It is pathetic, and obviously, their young child can't possibly fulfill their emotional needs.

It is not normal for a child to nurture her mother, and absolutely denotes anxiety or fear. moo

Last edited:
So, I’m wondering, the obit says May 4th as the day she died. Maybe it’s just a guesstimate but maybe they know for sure? Since May 4th was Saturday. JMO.
Oh, good point. I have my doubts about this being factually true, but I'm sure they have a reason for using that date. Would sure like to know why.

I remember feeling uncomfortable when BB said 'I love my children unconditionally' when the question didn't call for that type of answer.

A lot of normal parents say: 'I love my children more than life itself' or 'I love my children more than anything in the world'.

It goes without saying that parents love their children unconditionally. But you don't say it aloud unless the question was something like - 'your child was born with learning disability, how do you handle such difficult situation?' or 'your child seems to get into trouble a lot', etc.

(I'm having hard time putting my thoughts together. Hope I'm making sense).

The obituary was beautiful and I am going to guess both parents agreed to it and possibly even contributed. If not, and one wrote it, it was likely still agreed to or the other party expressed no issues over it.

I do not see the grandmother having any such right, why would she? She may have been asked to contribute or do it, not even sure of that, but she did not just take that right to do so upon herself, Maleah is not her child. I am not talking about who seems better or worse, right or wrong, she just simply does not have the right to pen an obituary for a child who is not hers.

There is no doubt in my mind why the service is private because it would be picked all apart as to who did what of the family members what everyone wore, whether they walked outside and smoked or sneezed, and the media also would descend in force.

I like your obituary Maleah, it is beautiful (not the need for it but hearing about you). RIP child.

Jmo. Good night all.

I remember feeling uncomfortable when BB said 'I love my children unconditionally' when the question didn't call for that type of answer.

A lot of normal parents say: 'I love my children more than life itself' or 'I love my children more than anything in the world'.

It goes without saying that parents love their children unconditionally. But you don't say it aloud unless the question was something like - 'your child was born with learning disability, how do you handle such difficult situation?' or 'your child seems to get into trouble a lot', etc.

You're making sense. As usual, her affect and choice of words was hinky here. A 4-year-old isn't even old enough to have done anything that makes reasonable people start reminding themselves that parental love is unconditional. Most people start talking about loving their children unconditionally when their kids are old enough to start making potentially risky choices out in the world (misbehaving at school, keeping secrets, experimenting with drugs, staying out past curfew, dating someone your family hates, etc), which Maleah was certainly not. Capable parents (even those who don't have a particularly comprehensive understanding of childhood development) tend to figure out that when young children are needy or annoying or aggressive, they aren't doing it to be malicious but to express a need in the best way they can. It's telling that a parent whose children are so young even has unconditional love on their radar like that.

Last edited:
Yep I agree when she said unconditionally she implied Maleah did something wrong or was somehow a burden.As for the nurturing part you all are making me feel bad lol because my grandson (he s 3) always asks if I'm ok ...my daughter was the same I never thought anything about it but it makes sense....

Yep I agree when she said unconditionally she implied Maleah did something wrong or was somehow a burden.As for the nurturing part you all are making me feel bad lol because my grandson (he s 3) always asks if I'm ok ...my daughter was the same I never thought anything about it but it makes sense....
You're making me jealous. My 3 year old's favorite words are "No" and "Stop it". He acts like I don't even exist unless he needs something. Oh, and he doesn't snuggle.

He does give me hugs and kisses, though. Sometimes.

I was one of the people who posted about that after the interview. It is normal and appropriate for a 4-year-old to express a natural nurturing tendency with a younger sibling (or pet, or well-loved toy, etc). It is not normal or appropriate for a 4-year-old to "nurture" a parent to a degree that BB described. I hope that Maleah got a chance to express some of her natural personality traits instead of reacting to her stressful home and the abusive or neglectful behavior of one or more of her caregivers, but we don't really know.

Sorry Winterhike, I didn't see your post before I commented and basically said the same thing you did. My computer keeps freezing up. Time for a new one.

Last edited:
So, I’m wondering, the obit says May 4th as the day she died. Maybe it’s just a guesstimate but maybe they know for sure? Since May 4th was Saturday. JMO.
I believe that's when MD was reported missing so that's the date thwy will go by. Probably doesn't no or can't determined when she was killed.on my nephew's death certificate it says August 2 as date of death. But that's when he was found. They couldn't determine a death date because of the decomposition. That's just my opinion

Don't feel bad, my daughter was the same way when she was little, whenever she heard me say "ouch" when I burned myself or hurt myself she would come running and ask, are you ok? What happened?
We had a wood burning stove so she was used to me always getting burns but she still always showed concern.

Also children pick up on everything so if your grandson heard his parents asking if you are ok he may have picked it up from them.

Another reason children tend to be over concerned about a parent is when that parent is being abused by the other parent.
Or when a parent is emotionally dependent on the child.

There are so many possibilities it's really hard to come to a definitive conclusion. Maleah's dad must have described Maleah as nurturing as well since the funeral director would talk to both parents when writing the obituary, or the parents may have assigned a specific family member to write it themselves.

As for the word unconditionally, I have heard dozens of parents say they love their kids unconditionally, but I've never read into it that much. I think they just mean they love their kids no matter what, and nothing in the world would ever change that. It seems to have become a popular phrase in recent years. Imo

This bugged me as well. It’s so awkward to say that about a tiny little girl but I think there were probably a lot of unreasonable dynamics in the home. We have the main “caregiver”, a guy who walked 10-20 steps ahead of a tiny, ill 4 year old with a brain injury, letting her trail behind like that and run to catch up then some days later dumping her body on a roadside. We have BB who uses words like nurturing to describe her daughter and can’t give reasons she loved her other than “she was mine. She was sent to me.”, then standing by said caregiver and posting his pics and videos while he sits aging in jail. I guess saying she was loved unconditionally fits the rest of the model. JMO MOO

I don't think there is any way they could know for sure. She is believed to have been dead by that time since that is probably when DV disposed of the body so it's likely the reason they picked that particular date.
It's probably the closest the coroner could get to the time of death as it is impossible to know the exact day. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288