Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tina2798, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Bolding mine

Ita.
    It's difficult to trust any of the adults in Maleah's life.
    As if no one was in her corner, fighting for her.
    Apologies to anyone who fought vehemently to remove her from BB and DV's care but failed.
    Just disgusted with some people's behavior.

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

You're welcome. Please, if you see anything that's missing or inaccurate, let me know. I had to really abbreviate all of the DFPS information because there was just sooooo much but hopefully, all of the main points are there. MOO

3. v0x

v0x Well-Known Member

Top notch work as always PommyMommy. My only suggestion would be to somehow clarify the reference to MIL in today’s updates since that seems to be a point of confusion. Maybe change to “MIL(BB2)”?

4. PommyMommy

Shoot, too late to edit but I'll fix it for the next one. Thanks, v0x. :)

5. v0x

v0x Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  6. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

He left with a black garbage bag in a laundry hamper. I will guess he never returned with a hamper of clean laundry. Oh, that's right, it was in the trunk.

7. PommyMommy

Maleah Davis search leads to Derion Vence's former mail route - CNN
    [...]

Speakers at Wednesday night's vigil urged the crowd to focus on Maleah and not the investigation. Yet, traces of everyone's worst fears about Maleah's fate echoed throughout the vigil.

"No child deserves to lose their life," said one woman who identified herself as a member of Maleah's family.

Another speaker urged the crowd to to honor Maleah's memory by building loving homes and families.

"Hold your babies tonight and show them how much you love them."

8. Sue Doe Nimm

Sue Doe Nimm Nurse of the non-verified persuasion

BB may not have been entirely forthcoming with the nurses and physicians in the ER. Practitioners aren’t going to request diagnostics for something that the parents or guardian says didn’t happen. If she is coming across neurologically typical in the nursing assessments and mom denies she was nauseated, vomiting or lost consciousness post fall, the doctor may not order imaging. Especially if she’s been there for hours and exhibited no troubling symptoms through multiple assessments, as the case may be in the ER of a big city hospital.

TRB, PommyMommy, Carpooler and 5 others like this.
  9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LIVELIKELIZZY

10. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Professional Pediatric Nurse

Perfect timing.

ILikeToBendPages and Subiechik21 like this.
  11. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

To make her more difficult to find. Burns her clothing. Scatters her body.

We don't know for sure that's what happened, but, it would explain all the vomiting;

Chopping up a body takes a special type of depravity

12. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

Most amazing summaries Pommymommy, thanks again. I haven't been able to keep up this week due to work being unusually busy and reading your summary helped a lot!

I did catch a glimpse sometime this week of a security cam video showing DV walking out to his car in the apartment parking lot at some point. Does anyone happen to know when this was recorded? TIA!

MicheleT, AnnaGrace, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  13. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

It was the morning of April 30 at about 8:30ish. He was reported to have gone to work that morning for about an hour. This video appears to align but no confirmation from LE.

14. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!
    Marking my spot...

15. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Interesting that Maleah's father went to pick her up on Friday night, and DV wouldn't let him see her. I am surprised Maleah's father didn't contact LEO at that point in time, because that is definitely weird.

16. btfly547

btfly547 Well-Known Member

That to me just means she was failed by 3 people in her life, IMO. Both bio parents and DV. Neither had enough of a moral compass or common sense to make sure she was safe. Same thing with AJ Freund, parents failed him as well as CPS.

I know at this point that bio dad is considered a victim, but I can't think of any rational explanation for him going to pick her up from mom's boyfriend and being okay with DV saying she's sick. Unless he was severely immunocompromised, I just don't understand at least laying eyes on his own child whether she was sleeping or not.

I have to keep remembering that not everyone thinks as most of us do when it comes to protecting our children.

Another theory I just thought of. Maybe the plan was for DV and BB to possibly dispose of her once BB got back into town. Possibly that plan changed when bio dad came by asking for her and DV had to come up with some crazy story really quickly?

cass523, Subiechik21, Beagle and 6 others like this.
  17. btfly547

btfly547 Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning this was on 04/30. I think I remember the video of him and Maleah walking into the apartment was around 07:53 am?
    Do you know if he went to work really early around 6am for an hour or sometime after the 8:30 mark when he was seen again?

There's been so many dates and times given that I'm having a hard time keeping some of them straight.

18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Oh! That makes sense. She probably didn't think of it right away since he had said it a year ago. BB's mom seems to be the only one who took action from the start to try to find Maleah. It was her idea to search the park by the lake for hours looking for something.
    I do think she suspected right away that DV had done something to Maleah. She is probably just trying to think of anything at all that might help them find her, even though it may not lead to anything. Imo

Subiechik21, TRB, Anirtak and 2 others like this.
  19. Mbee

Mbee Well-Known Member

Custody can be a sticky situation or other times a casual situation. Maybe the the bio father wasn't alarmed in any way, it was really no issue to leave assuming he'd see her the next day, or weekend etc. I do not know the dynamics of the relationship between bio dad and mom. Hindsight makes things oh so clear. Just my personal opinion, which in this wacky case is likely wrong.

20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

True, but when BB brought her in on July 10th she was vomiting blood and was extremely lethargic. I don't understand why they didn't complete any tests at that point.
    Those are two signs our pediatrician has always said to watch out for, and to bring the patient to the ER immediately because it could be a sign of something serious.
    This is the main reason I think that Maleah had suffered a forceful blow to the head before, and the reason why BB denied her having those symptoms before, as well as the seizures.
    While it's true that she was not truthful about the previous symtoms, it's very unfortunate that the hospital did not do further testing when she was brought in on the tenth. Imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.