Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tina2798, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

Thanks again to Pommy's timeline!, Maleah and her brother were returned to the home on Feb 18, 2019. Permanency hearing is scheduled for May 22, 2019. 5 days from today.

2. Willow Knight

Willow Knight Well-Known Member

Exactly. The person that drove DV and son to the hospital, then abandoned the vehicle is a huge player in this crime. IMO, there are AT LEAST two people that know what happened to Maleah.

3. scarletstar

scarletstar Well-Known Member

i believe they stated she was home with the "flu"

4. spicyrock

spicyrock Well-Known Member

I was who mentioned that last about trash pick up, but I couldn’t confirm it or find the original post I saw mentioning it.

Are you the poster who asked about the footage of dv walking to his car? I asked about that toward the end of the last thread and someone posted the footage. You see his head moving along a row of cars in the lot, but I didn’t see him get in a car.

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm sure she realizes the damage she has done by basically admitting, through her advocate, that she knew her child was being abused and left her with him anyway. That is clearly child endangerment. So of course she is not going to admit to being aware of any abuse. I don't know who else is advising her but QX is not doing such a great job.
    But I think even the story about the argument and him "snapping" is setting up a defense for him in a way. It implies that the crime was not premeditated and he lost control after becoming enraged. Imo

6. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Well-Known Member

"It's been all over the local news" doesn't hold water for me, personally. Why are little kids exposed to local news reports about violent crimes?

Does no one protect their little ones from all the crap that's on TV and social media these days? If not - they should. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Children should be sheltered from violence - and that includes news reports about violent crimes.

7. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  8. Victoria17

Victoria17 Well-Known Member

I’ve had this discussion before and came to realize that some parents don’t believe in sheltering their children from the real world they’re going up in because they feel the more a child knows of danger, the better for their own safety. It’s hard to protect there where MD was I bet. I doubt a lot of those children know the extent of this right now, but they probably will in the future. MOO.

9. Mbee

Mbee Well-Known Member

I assumed the children in day care were similar ages. At four I just guessed they would notice someone they see daily isn't there and ask why.

Another strange thing is BB is claiming DV had inappropriate texts with a man/men and that was a catalyst to a major argument. Yet its absolute crickets on the topic from what I've seen, even in areas of the internet that I'd refer to as rumor mill. Not a peep, not a limelight seeker, nada. I don't know if that makes me think it's a lie or makes me suspect truth, as the actual "other man" doesn't want to come forward.

Whole thing has been made so confusing by these two. Equally.

10. Sally Kimball

Sally Kimball Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. It is labeled Alief on my map but it looks like it's just trees, dirt, and dirt paths. There are buildings around the perimeter and possibly a large sidewalk or a small paved road or two cutting through it. If you're on a cell phone, open your maps app, bring up Kirkwood Landing apartments, switch from street view to satellite view, and go up just a little bit. You can't miss it. It's a huge area. It even has what appears to be a few ponds on it.

A poster above said they used to live in Alief, but the thing I am looking at on my maps app does not look like a place where people live.

11. Sally Kimball

Sally Kimball Well-Known Member

Last year, when my youngest child was in day care, she was 4. And when she went to her dad's house for her month-long summer visitation, her classmates absolutely asked me and asked her teachers where my daughter was. They even wrote her letters and drew her pictures.

12. wodalo

wodalo Well-Known Member

I think people that abuse kids physically or mentally are going to do it regardless of what the school does. It either comes from the bully mentality or not knowing you shouldn't punish a child if YOU are angry, to calm down. If you are not calm they will not learn and if not punishing them to teach them, you are just taking out your anger on them. I was paddled in school (in SoCal no less) and have never paddled any of my kids, but they have been spanked.

13. Mbee

Mbee Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

14. spicyrock

spicyrock Well-Known Member

I think you summed that up quite nicely.

15. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I didn't ask about him walking to the car, but I am still curious as to whether or not that Friday was garbage pick up day, and if pickup is in the morning or afternoon. I was hoping someone local would know. There must be a schedule somewhere. Imo

Subiechik21, LadyL, kimpage and 4 others like this.
  16. PommyMommy

Chauncy Glover on Twitter
    Just spoke with #MaleahDavis’ mom. Hear what she has to say about her 4yo daughter’s disappearance and the fact that some think she should be in jail too (along with her ex-fiancé). TODAY on @abc13houston starting at 3:00. #abc13
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    3:23 PM - 17 May 2019

17. Djgirl76

Djgirl76 Well-Known Member

Re the children, if my 4 year old had a friend missing at school I can think of many more ways to tell him without talking about violence against the child. Just simply “her mom and dad cannot find her and everyone is worried about her” could lead to a lot of questions that could be answered with “I don’t know”. Just trying to think of how I would have to deal because my son would absolutely notice if someone wasn’t in class. I certainly wouldn’t need to tell him details but it’s very hard to ignore or deflect questions from a 4 year old. Trust. :confused:o_O

18. bubbs72

bubbs72 Well-Known Member

Someone who lives in the complex may know that. Each complex around here has different schedules and different companies who provide this service.

Subiechik21, LadyL and PommyMommy like this.
  19. PommyMommy

Maleah Davis: Mom Brittany Bowens answers tough questions in KHOU interview
    [...]

Bowens answered critics who wander why she left the children with Vence when she went out of town for her father’s burial. Before leaving, Bowens had confronted her then-fiance’ about sexually inappropriate photos he sent to another man, according to spokesperson Quanell X.

“In my mind, whatever we had going on, had nothing to do with the children,” Bowens said.

In the beginning, she tried to believe Vence’s story about the kidnapping.

“I would rather think that somebody took my child, than believe that somebody had done something to her.”

But Bowens admits it was always in the back of her mind that Vence might be involved.

20. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Well-Known Member

I refuse to participate in the normalization of violence - whether the violence is experienced in the family or social environment, or via video games, social media, news media, or anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.