Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tina2798, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubyMay

RubyMay Member

I find it very interesting that DV’s phone was “ missing” during the initial, critical part of his story/timeline. I also find it interesting that BB waited to contact the authorities until Saturday. Were others aware that maybe certain tasks had not been completed?

2. Mbee

Mbee Well-Known Member

Thanks for all Texas day care information! Sounds like the actual workers will play a big part in terms of true dates Maleah was and was not there.

3. Crime Keleesi

Crime Keleesi Active Member

I was going to say basically the same thing. They may not being saying it, but you better believe LE is tracing BB's movements in the days prior to her trip and scrutinizing every detail. They may also be trying to see if anyone else participated in any way.

4. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

Maleah Davis: Mom of missing girl speaks out, says she’s ‘unsure’ if Maleah was being abused

Maleah Davis: Mom of missing girl speaks out, says she’s ‘unsure’ if Maleah was being abused Maleah Davis: Mom of missing girl speaks out, says she’s ‘unsure’ if Maleah was being abused via @crimeonlinenews

Bowens’ remarks are in stark contrast to what she reportedly told her spokesperson, community activist Quanell X, last week.

According to Quanell, Bowens previously said she was upset at the way Vence physically punished and “whipped” Maleah while she was sick. The alleged abuse was so bad at one point that Bowens wanted to take the little girl to the hospital. Quanell, speaking on behalf of Bowens, claimed the woman changed her mind when Vence allegedly threatened her.

5. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

Maybe he's not the murderer.

6. v0x

v0x Well-Known Member

I’m not sure where the term “whipped” began being used by reporters, but I believe the term Q used was “whooped” not that that’s any more acceptable.

7. Mbee

Mbee Well-Known Member

I'm confused. So she's saying she's unsure what she's previously said is true? Finally, me and this woman agree on something!

But I am actually confused. I did hear the remarks earlier in interview. Very muddy waters.

8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Since capital punishment is allowed in schools there, does that mean hitting your own children is considered ok too? It seems like there would be a very fine line in determining what is abuse and what is not. Imo
    And yes, the word "whooped" was used, which implies hitting, spanking, or beating, I believe. I have never heard them use the word "whipped" until now, which implies something else altogether.

9. RubyMay

RubyMay Member

Is this case still considered an Amber Alert after DV’ s arrest?

10. MsBetsy

I think what she is saying is that although they did not agree that punishing a child by "whooping" them was appropriate, she does not know if he actually "abused" Maleah.
    Considering that all the injuries we know of happened soon after DV came along, it is reasonable to assume that he was the one that caused these injuries. Whether she witnessed this or not, she is not saying.
    But, by her own account, she knew something was going on and did nothing to stop it, or prevent it from happening, therefore she is negligent.
    She really should just stop talking. Imo

11. Stunned

Stunned Your past explains you, It does not excuse you

I think she should keep talking.

12. v0x

v0x Well-Known Member

Maleah Davis' Classmates and Teacher Struggle With Her Disappearance as Search for Missing Girl Continues

With each passing day that Maleah Davis remains missing, the adults who know the little girl well struggle to explain to her young friends what could have happened to lead to her disappearance.

“They ask me, ‘Do you think Maleah is going to come back?’ And I don’t know how to answer that,” Carolyn Emerson said to KPRC-TV of Maleah’s classmates at Attitude Respect N’ Manners school in Houston.

Emerson herself has struggled to process what could have led to the 4-year-old’s vanishing, let alone be able to break it down in a way that’s digestible for other children.

“It hurt me so hard, so bad. At home, I couldn’t sleep, and it’s still like that,” Emerson said. “I just want them to find her.”
    Continued at link

13. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Yep, and they'd chase their tails all around the surrounding areas of Greens Rd. That area has a more Hispanic population iirc?

14. MsBetsy

I doubt that. It's very unlikely that this guy would go to the extreme lengths that he did, cleaning up blood from the apartment, removing the body and disposing of it, possibly burning it, inventing a ridiculous story to cover it up if he himself was not responsible for the murder. Imo

15. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

She's 26, also, if my finding are accurate.

16. MsBetsy

Yeah, but to LE, not to the public.

17. Beansie

Beansie Well-Known Member

Thanks for your thoughts and theory.

I agree that there must be more to that video!

Absolutely she wants to protect herself! Even at the risk of holding back info that's important to the case involving her own child! However, I'll add that what we know is only what we've been allowed to know. We don't know everything she's told police. Maybe they have given that to police and have been told not to comment publicly on it. If so, I'm sure police are working hard to verify it.

I just typed up a long paragraph that ended up bordering on subjects we've been warned about so I deleted it. I don't know how some of you do this case after case. It must be so difficult to try to remain detached and just look at the facts. This is like trying to solve a puzzle but you're missing half the pieces and it's not just tugging, it's tearing, at your heartstrings. I'm going to go bake a cake and think happy thoughts for now.

18. Sally Kimball

Sally Kimball Well-Known Member

Yes. I should say that I’m pretty sure that the state doesn’t pay the day care for the days that a kid isn’t in day care...so it does incentivize saying a kid is in day care when they’re not. Hopefully that won’t matter here.

19. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

20. Madison418

Madison418 Overachiever at over analyzing

I hear you, this case has affected me so much. It's all I think about and I need to give myself time outs sometimes to focus on other things.

I really want to find out who the person is that drove DV to the hospital. Everyone seems to be tight lipped and in CYA mode imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.