Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #9

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tina2798, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Expert

It was my practice, most of the time, to prepare an Order for the judge to sign granting my Motion and have it ready when I filed (or presented) my Motion to the Judge. If the Judge granted the Motion, it was ready to go. If my motion was denied, I just tossed it.
    But it would not have appeared in the court file unless it was executed by the Judge.

For what it’s worth.

Last edited: May 31, 2019

2. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

3. Victoria17

Victoria17 Well-Known Member

4. JediChick

JediChick Well-Known Member

Thank you for explaining this!

5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

HPD: Child's remains found in bag on Arkansas roadside could be Maleah Davis
    [...]

Friday morning, Vence's attorney Dorian Cotlar filed a motion prohibiting Quanell X from visiting Vence after learning the family’s former representative had beat him to the Harris County Jail. The facility at 701 San Jacinto Street does not generally allow inmate visits on Fridays, except for lawyers, ministers and sometimes community leaders.

“We know Quanell X as a community leader,” Harris County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Jason Spencer said. “When a community leader asks to visit an inmate, we generally allow it, as long as the inmate agrees to the visit.”

Quanell X claims that his visit with Vence — which Cotlar says happened around 9 a.m. — garnered a supposed confession.

“Quanell X completely misled my client,” Cotlar said. “I don’t know how he was able to get into the jail.”

“He said he was going to provide lawyers, that everything was going to be fine,” he said.
    <modsnipped due to copyright>

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2019
  6. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

Thank you and thank goodness she's been barred. How many children are there?

7. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

BB has two boys, one with Maleah's father and one with DV. And DV has, at least, one more child from a previous relationship.

8. JediChick

JediChick Well-Known Member

She has 2 others, both boys. One with DV and one with CD.

9. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Yes, it could be either. IMO it was CYA across the board and not because they were afraid. No one put Maleah's safety first, all they cared about was yakking about how they didn't know about any abuse (BB), that DV was innocent (Brother, dad), spewing nonsense about three Hispanic dudes who thought Maleah "looked sweet" (DV)," and burying their head in the sand and not even asking DV about Maleah (DV's mom).

BB may or may not have been aware of what DV did - I'm sure we'll find out soon - but if she didn't disclose the argument she had with him to LE immediately then I hope her ass gets charged with endangering a child, obstruction and anything else that will stick. What kind of mother hides pertinent information from LE when her child's safety is at risk?

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  10. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

Thank you. They need prayers.❤

11. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

And a dead daughter thanks to her boyfriend.

12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I agree. That, and hoping to mask the smell of decomp.

13. kgreg2529

kgreg2529 Well-Known Member

I see them a ton too, I’m in the bayou of Louisiana. Alligators all over too, in the road, killed on the road, in the canals and you can see them from the hwy. Huge ones, 12 footers. Worries me how easily one could toss a bag with someone in it in a canal with these animals and that would be it.

14. DebW

DebW Verified Insider - Swearingin/Scott case

Count on it.

15. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

It's a possibility. Jodi Arias took three 5-gallon gas cans with her to avoid stopping for gas.

16. FleurQualia

FleurQualia Searching Soul

I don't know how much trouble QX could get into for allegedly lying to DV, but this lawyer must seriously think we're all idiots to believe that DV didn't confess to him. I mean he gave him information on where to locate a body and lo and behold a body magically shows up in that location. Unless we're supposed to believe it was QX all along who did it.

Seriously, dude? He didn't tell him anything? This lawyer has one uphill battle ahead.

17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too, but then found out it was a 2 1/2 gallon can.
    Maybe he got rid of one.
    I would think he would have needed more than that to make the whole trip.

18. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Expert

Felony murder? For someone?

19. libraryg

libraryg Well-Known Member

Looks like I should have fact checked after asking Alexa. My bad. Still, not an inconsequential drive.

20. nina318

nina318 Well-Known Member

I have a few thoughts and this is JMO.
    • The murder investigation is just beginning. There are still many pieces to complete this puzzle of deceit and lies.
    • The timing of Q's meeting with DV today was interesting. IMO - it was a window of opportunity. It occurred right after his private attorney bailed. Therefore, Q was free to visit and speak with him as a Community Activist.
    • I believe LE coordinated the meeting with Q. DV may have felt he had a trusted ally in Q or he felt more comfortable speaking with Q vs. LE.
    • The fact that her remains have been found is a huge break. The dead do speak and DV, and the others involved, were not meticulous. Her clothing will be important and the helmet will be a major focus.
    • In the PC, LE said continued pressure needs to be placed on all "key participants". IMO - they know others are involved (as we all do at this point - IMO).
    • Some Social Media pages will be someone's downfall - IMO.
    IMO - the adults and caregivers in Meleah's life failed her. CPS failed. Why? How? This just breaks my heart. MOO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.