ú

TX TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Sugar Land, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Discussion in 'Missing! Timeline Forum and Media links' started by PommyMommy, May 13, 2019.

1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

MAY 21, 2019
    Maleah Davis' mother receives criticism for not deleting Instagram posts of ex-fiance Derion Vence
    A search party headed up by "Houston's Unsolved Homicides" continued looking for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis Tuesday

Meanwhile, Maleah's mom is back on social media and getting a lot of backlash for her posts about Derion Vence, the suspect in her daughter's disappearance.

Maleah's mom Brittany Bowens told us last week she was staying away from social media, but today she returned, making five Instagram posts about her daughter.

But Instagram users are in a tizzy about her previous posts about Vence, her ex-fiance.

[...]

2. PommyMommy

MAY 22, 2019
    MALEAH DAVIS: Protest planned at CPS hearing for missing girl and siblings
    Maleah Davis, 4, has been missing for 22 days and now some of the people concerned about her disappearance plan to make their voices heard in downtown Houston.

That's where a CPS hearing over Maleah and her siblings is scheduled for Wednesday morning, now that Derion Vence, the suspect charged in her disappearance, is in jail.

[...]

"Why would you leave your child at home with him if he's doing all of these things?" Joe said.

Protesters have been asking the same question, even accusing Bowens of not doing enough to protect her daughter.

3. PommyMommy

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
    Maleah Davis' mother receives criticism for not deleting Instagram posts of ex-fiance Derion Vence: VIDEO
    9:32 AM - 22 May 2019

At 1:50 in the video- BB says she called the emergency hotline to get the maintenance man to break into the house because she didn't have a key. In the midst of her doing that, DV's brother filed the missing person's report.

Tippy Lynn, Mistree, v0x and 2 others like this.
  4. PommyMommy

MAY 22, 2019
    VIDEO: Maleah Davis court hearing - NTV Houston
    Our reporter Paige Hubbard is outside the courthouse where Brittany Bowens, the mother of three-year-old Maleah Davis had a scheduled CPS court hearing.

A group of protesters is gathered outside where they are seeking justice for Maleah and demand answers.

Emily Foxhall on Twitter
    I was in court this morning for a scheduled hearing in the Maleah Davis CPS case. Family came and went, meeting with their attorney privately. There is a gag order in the case, so attorneys did not talk, nor did family. I never heard the judge call the case.
    11:31 AM - 22 May 2019

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Gardener1850 and Simply Southern like this.
  5. PommyMommy

MAY 22, 2019
    Maleah Davis custody hearing handled behind closed doors
    Family members met with an attorney behind closed doors Wednesday in a downtown Houston courtroom, where a hearing related to the custody of Maleah Davis and her older brother was scheduled to take place.

That hearing did not happen -- at least not within public view at the scheduled time Wednesday morning in state District Judge Gloria Lopez's courtroom. The judge has imposed a gag order, so attorneys and family members declined to comment.

[...]

Maleah's maternal grandmother, Brenda Bowens, filed an emergency request asking that the state Department of Family and Protective Services move Maleah -- if she was found -- and her brother into Bowens' care. Maleah's older brother was placed with another relative after her disappearance, according to the request.

The court date was originally set when the Department of Family and Protective Services sought to be dismissed from the case, returning the children to their family's care. Both had been removed from their parents' custody in August 2018, after Maleah suffered what was described as a traumatic and unexplained brain injury.

[...]

Lexiintoronto, Gardener1850 and v0x like this.
  6. PommyMommy

MAY 22, 2019
    Video in the article includes CD and BB inside the courthouse.

'You didn't protect her:' Protesters gather again as family seeks new home for Maleah Davis' siblings
    Family members of 4-year-old Maleah Davis, who has been missing now for 22 days, are trying to find Maleah's siblings a new home after her mother's ex-fiance Darion Vence was arrested and charged in her disappearance.

Wednesday morning, Maleah's family appeared for a CPS hearing in downtown Houston. They and attorneys have been ordered not to talk about the case.

Her mother, Brittany Bowens, was inside the courthouse as protesters gathered there a second time.

[...]

Protesters say they plan to be at every hearing and court appearance.

Lexiintoronto and Gardener1850 like this.
  7. PommyMommy

MAY 22, 2019
    Maleah Davis update: Derion Vence 'could tell us exactly where to find that body,' Houston Police Chief says
    Police Chief Art Acevedo offered a new $5,000 reward for tips in the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis. His offer is on top of CrimeStoppers’ reward.

[...]

“We already know and believe that she is dead and we need to bring her home,” Chief Acevedo said.

The chief, who used to lead the Austin Police Department before taking over in Houston, said the Davis case reminds him of a missing 2-year-old named Colton Turner. Acevedo was there when officers found Colton’s body.

“I’ll never forget when we uncovered that little boy,” Chief Acevedo said. “(He was) wrapped up in a run underneath about five or six inches, maybe a foot, of dirt. FBI (agents), Austin PD cops (were) crying. That’s what I’m thinking about when I think about her somewhere out there.”

[...]

When asked if Vence could help find Maleah, Chief Acevedo said, “Oh, I’m sure he could. I’m sure if he really wanted to, he could tell us exactly where to find that body. That’s just an opinion based on what I know so far.”

[...]

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    v0x, Lexiintoronto and Gardener1850 like this.
  8. PommyMommy

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  9. PommyMommy

Steve Campion on Twitter
    “We really believe we have a little girl that was murdered,” said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo. #MaleahDavis #abc13 #BREAKING #hounews
    12:12 PM - 23 May 2019 from Atascocita, TX

Brandi Smith on Twitter
    "I really believe in my heart of hearts, somebody knows something." - Chief @ArtAcevedo on the #MaleahDavis case. #KHOU11 #HTownRush
    12:12 PM - 23 May 2019

Brandi Smith on Twitter
    “Our focus is finding this little baby, getting her, recovering her body. I can sit here and say we’re going to find her alive, but I’d be lying to you” - Chief @ArtAcevedo on search for #MaleahDavis #KHOU11 #HTownRush
    12:14 PM - 23 May 2019

Steve Campion on Twitter
    “I could sit here and tell you we’ll find her alive. I’d be lying,” said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo. “We really believe we have a little girl that was murdered.” He asked for the public’s help today to “recover” #MaleahDavis.
    12:21 PM - 23 May 2019 from Atascocita, TX

10. PommyMommy

May 23, 2019
    Maleah Davis case: Stepfather's story has hole big enough to 'drive big rig through,' chief says
    [...]

Acevedo said HPD is still searching for Maleah, 4, and pursuing leads, and he urged anyone with information to come forward. He also pledged an extra $5,000 from HPD to increase the total reward money of up to $10,000 in the case.

"Maleah deserves to be found, be recovered and deserves a proper burial, and we need the community's help," he said.

Acevedo said Derion Vence, the man police describe as her stepfather and who is charged with tampering with evidence, specifically a human corpse, in connection with the case, has told police a "tall tale" and is not cooperating with investigators.

"We strongly believe he knows where she's at and if he wanted to tell us, he would," Acevedo said about Vence.

Vence's story has a whole so large, "you could drive a big rig through it," Acevedo said.

He said Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, is communicating with police, but that she is not the focus of the case.

[...]

11. PommyMommy

MAY 23, 2019
    Houston Police Ask Public For Help To Find Body Of Maleah Davis | Houston Public Media
    Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo asked Thursday for help from the public in the case of 4-year-old Maleah Davis, who has been missing since May 4. Acevedo said he believes the little girl is dead.

[...]

The chief pleaded for the public’s help because he thinks “somebody knows something, somebody has seen something, and somebody hasn’t come forward.” Acevedo said that people who want to help investigators should look for spots where the surface seems to be out of place or the place has been “disturbed.”

Investigators have also talked to Brittany Bowens, Davis’ mother, but she hasn’t provided a lead to find the little girl.

[...]

12. PommyMommy

MAY 23, 2019
    Acevedo: Suspect is key in finding missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
    Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo believes the suspect accused in the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis is the key to finding her.

[...]

"We really believe we have a little girl that's been murdered," Acevedo said during a press conference Thursday. "We believe that she's out there somewhere, and we want to bring her home."

[...]

"I can sit here and say we're going to find her alive, but I'd be lying," Acevedo said. "She deserves to be found. She deserves to be recovered. She deserves to have a proper burial, and we need the community's help. ... If looking at those pictures of that baby girl doesn't touch your heart and doesn't drive you to do everything you can – I'm talking to the community – to help us find her, then I don't think you have a heart."

Anyone with information is urged to call Houston Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).

Seattle1 and Gardener1850 like this.
  13. PommyMommy

MAY 23, 2019
    HPD Chief questions Derion Vence's accounts about Maleah Davis' disappearance
    [...]

On Thursday, Chief Art Acevedo held a press release to give a brief update on the missing 4-year-old's case. He added that the reward to find her is increasing by another $5,000 even "if I have to pay it myself," he said.

During the press conference, Acevedo told the media they believe the suspect, Derion Vence knows where Maleah is but he is just not talking about it.

"You could drive a big rig right through the tales this guy has been telling," Acevedo said about Vence.

Acevedo pleads with the public to help bring little Maleah home in order to give her family the closure they need, as her case is not one of a cat buried in the yard.

[...]

Seattle1 and Gardener1850 like this.
  14. PommyMommy

15. PommyMommy

MAY 23, 2019
    Maleah Davis searchers don't believe she's alive - CNN
    [...]

"We really believe we have a little girl that has been murdered," police Chief Art Acevedo told reporters on Thursday. "We believe she's out there somewhere and we want to bring her home.

"I can sit here and say we're going to find her alive, but I'd be lying to you."

Acevedo said suspect Derion Vence, who was caring for Maleah while her mother was out of town, has not been cooperative with investigators.

[...]

16. PommyMommy

Steve Campion on Twitter
    #BREAKING - Chief @ArtAcevedo says the reward for information in connection to #MaleahDavis' disappearance is now up to 20,000 dollars. He just tweeted, "Please help us find this sweet child." #abc13 #hounews
    8:54 PM - 23 May 2019

Lauren Talarico on Twitter
    $15,000 - that's how much the reward is now after Maleah Davis' family pledged an additional $10,000 for info that leads to finding her. @ArtAcevedo @houstonpolice@CrimeStopHOU #KHOU11
    8:50 PM - 23 May 2019

Lauren Talarico added,
    Chief Art Acevedo on Twitter
    Maleah’s grandmother just asked me to announce that Mr. Ronnie & Karen Bias, better known as uncle Dude & Nene, from Lake Charles, LA., have pledged an additional $10,000 for a total of $15,000 for information leading to the finding of Maleah Davis. Houston Police on Twitter
    Show this thread
    8:39 PM - 23 May 2019

Chief Art Acevedo on Twitter
    The $15,000 mentioned above for information leading to the finding of Maleah, is in addition to the reward of up to $5,000 from @CrimeStopHOU for information leading to an arrest and prosecution. Please help us find this sweet child. Someone knows something. #RelationalPolicing
    8:39 PM - 23 May 2019

Gardener1850 likes this.
  17. PommyMommy

MAY 23, 2019
    Donors kick in $10K more to help find Maleah Davis
    On Thursday, Chief Art Acevedo gave a brief update on the missing 4-year-old's case. He also mentioned a $5,000 reward to help find Maleah even "if I have to pay it myself," he said.

The reward grew throughout the day as Acevedo announced that Mr. Ronnie and Karen Bias, out of Louisiana, have pledged an addition $10,000 for information to find Maleah.

The reward offered adds up to a total of $15,000, which is separate to the reward of up to $5,000 offered by Crime Stoppers for information leading up to an arrest.

[...]

Acevedo pleads with the public to help bring little Maleah home in order to give her family the closure they need, as her case is not one of "a cat buried in the yard."

"The evidence shows that we believe she has been murdered. Let's bring this baby home, proper burial," he said. "Without finding that body, there is a hole left out there. We want to give them the closure, of both charges and finding her body."

Gardener1850 and Lexiintoronto like this.
  18. PommyMommy

Gardener1850 likes this.
  19. PommyMommy

MAY 23, 2019
    Acevedo: Reward upped for missing Maleah Davis, 4, as suspect refuses to talk
    "The evidence shows that she's been murdered," Acevedo said, marking the first time that local authorities have publicly floated the notion that Maleah is no longer alive.

[...]

The lack of cooperation has extended beyond Vence, HPD Executive Assistant Chief Matt Slinkard also said during the news conference.

"We are not receiving the level of cooperation that we need from anybody involved," Slinkard said.

[...]

Gardener1850 likes this.
  20. PommyMommy

MAY 24, 2019
    Houston Police Chief Asks Public to Help Find Girl's Body
    The police chief in Houston said Thursday that evidence shows a 4-year-old girl who has been missing since earlier this month was killed, and he's asking for the public's help in finding her body.
    • Maleah Davis still missing
    • Evidence shows she was killed
    • Police need help finding her body
    [...]

Executive Assistant Chief Matt Slinkard, who also spoke at the news conference, said: "We are not receiving the level of cooperation we need from anybody involved at this point."

In addition to asking anyone who may have seen something or has information about the case to come forward, Acevedo also implored the public to be vigilant when out in places that are not heavily traveled, such as hiking trails and wooded areas. He said to look out for things like out-of-place soil.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Gardener1850 likes this.