TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Sugar Land, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Maleah Davis update: Stepdad's initial story didn't add up, Sugar Land police say
[...]

Vence arrived at Sugar Land Methodist Hospital Saturday night, appearing to have fresh wounds from an attack. He said he had been in and out of consciousness since the attack and didn't really know where he was until 6 p.m. Saturday. That's when he said he walked to the hospital for treatment.

On Tuesday, the Sugar Land police spokesman said Vence's story has changed since he first talked to investigators -- specifically the nature of how he got to the hospital.

He said Sugar Land police is assisting the Houston Police Department, who are leading the investigation.

On Tuesday, the Sugar Land police spokesman said Vence's story has changed since he first talked to investigators -- specifically the nature of how he got to the hospital.

[...]

Houston Police on Twitter
The investigation into the whereabouts of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis remains on-going. HPD customarily doesn't identify persons of interest or suspects unless charges are filed. Any updates will be posted on twitter. No other information is available at this time. #hounews
3:24 PM - 7 May 2019

Houston Police : "The investigation into the whereabouts of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis remains on-going. HPD customarily doesn't identify persons of interest or suspects unless charges are filed. Any updates will be posted on twitter."

Jason Miles on Twitter
.. Just in: Texas Equusearch halting operations for the day due to weather. Will resume search for #MaleahDavis, weather permitting, tomorrow. Stay with @KHOUfor updates on air + online #khou11 #htownrush
D5_llVbXoAAYumW.jpg

4:11 PM - 7 May 2019

The investigation into the whereabouts of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis remains on-going. HPD customarily doesn't identify persons of interest or suspects unless charges are filed. Any updates will be posted on twitter. No other information is available at this time. #hounews
3:24 PM - 7 May 2019

Natalie Hee FOX 26 on Twitter
Spotted this missing person billboard about 4-year-old Maleah Davis on 59. Investigators are still searching for her whereabouts. If you know anything, call police
D5_sFihXkAESuRG.jpg

4:40 PM - 7 May 2019

Derion Vence: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
  1. His name was spelled Darion on SM, but is actually spelled Derion
  2. Derion also goes by the name Slim Vence
  3. Derion has no criminal record
  4. Derion and BB are the parents of the toddler child who was with DV and Maleah on Friday night
  5. Derion and BB have been together for several years and live together
  6. Derion works in the music industry
  7. His Linkedin profiles shows he has worked at a Houston hotel
  8. Derion is originally from St. Louis MO
  9. He has a company called Superhouse Entertainment LLC according to his FB page (now deleted)
  10. BB says DV is now staying with his brother

Maleah Davis update: Stepdad's initial story didn't add up, Sugar Land police say
Sugar Land police are now saying that Maleah Davis' stepfather's initial story to investigators didn't add up.

The spokesman said Sugar Land police is assisting the Houston Police Department, who are leading the investigation.

Stepfather now person of interest in case of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, police say
Police: Vence's story not consistent
Sugar Land police said they went to the Methodist Hospital Saturday because Vence showed up there with flesh wounds. They took video but handed it over to the Houston Police Department, who is investigating the case. Sugar Land police said Vence’s has changed his story several times during the course of his interview.

Police said it was different elements that had changed, such as how he got to the hospital. Sugar Land police contacted HPD since it was a crime that had happened outside of their city.

Sugar Land police also said the still photo of the silver Nissan seen on Saturday around 3 p.m. came from their license recognition camera close to the Cheesecake Factory near First Colony Mall.

Conflicting information from Maleah Davis' stepdad leads to new search locations
[...]

Texas Equusearch has now moved its search to the area around the stepfather’s home.

Texas EquuSearch set up its command post in the parking lot next door to the apartments where Maleah Davis is said to have lived with her mom and stepdad when she went missing.

[...]

Rain is hampering search efforts as Texas EquuSearch volunteers move their search nearly an hour away from the original search scene and closer to Sugar Land where Maleah’s stepfather Darion Vence says he was left on a roadside after being abducted in northeast Houston.

Sugar Land is also the location where he told detectives he realized Maleah was missing.

"We’re right next to the apartment complex where we think she disappeared from," says Miller.

Miller is now saying he questions whether 4-year-old Maleah Davis was ever at the scene where volunteers spent a day and a half searching.

[...]

“I believe that car is a big part of the puzzle. We were out until—some of them—four o’clock in the morning, when there’s not a lot of traffic and the parking lots are kind of empty, searching for the car.”

Maleah’s biological father told Fox 26 on Tuesday that he was searching the Brazos River for any signs of that missing car, a silver Nissan Altima with paper plates reading 3092G9.

Houston police say stepfather is a person of interest in Maleah Davis' disappearance
Sugar Land police have been helping with the investigation that is being led by Houston police. Sugar Land police say they have been gathering clues near Sugar Land Methodist Hospital, where Darion showed up with injuries Saturday night.

Sugar Land police say Darion’s story has been inconsistent. Police say he first told detectives he walked to the hospital, then he said he was dropped off. Police are looking at surveillance cameras in that area.

New search locations after conflicting stories from Maleah Davis' stepfather
We’re right next to the apartment complex where we think she disappeared from," says Miller.

Miller is now saying he questions whether 4-year-old Maleah Davis was ever at the scene where volunteers spent a day and a half searching.

“Bottom line: we’re in trouble. Of course I believe in miracles, and we’ve had many of them," he said. "I don’t think we’re going to have a good ending. I hope we have an ending.”

Missing girl's biological dad: 'I can't control my emotions'

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The biological father of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis wants the child's stepdad to speak to him about what happened when the girl disappeared.

On Tuesday, speaking for the first time since his daughter's disappearance over the weekend, Craig Davis told ABC13 Eyewitness News that he hasn't gone public because he's unsure of how he would react while his child is still missing.

"I haven't spoken to the public because I can't talk about my daughter. I can't control my emotions. I can't predict myself. I break down and I cry," he said.

[...]

"I'm not putting the blame on anybody," Craig said. "I just need the questions that aren't answered to be answered. There are so many unanswered questions. It's not for the public to answer to them for me. It's not for the police to answer them for me. It's not for the news to answer them for me. It's for Darion to answer for me."

Maleah's dad describes her as strong and determined, especially after going through three head surgeries at just 4 years old.

"Even in pain, even in her injury, my daughter went through everything she went through and it did not change anything about her," he said.

Crews and volunteers moved the focus of the search to southwest Houston after combing an area of the northeast side earlier in the day.

MAY 7, 2019
Weather permitting, the search for Maleah will resume tomorrow morning at 8:30.

MAY 7, 2019
CPS received report regarding Maleah

Why CPS says Maleah Davis was pulled from her home last year

[...]

According to officials at Child Protective Services, the state agency received a report of allegations of physical abuse in August after Maleah suffered a head injury. Maleah and her brother had been in CPS Custody for the past several months, according to court documents.

Brittany Bowens, Maleah's mother, was allowed to visit Maleah and her older brother once a week every Saturday while they were in CPS custody. Their biological father, Craig Davis Jr., was not visiting with his children for unknown reasons, court documents said.

“Maleah and her brothers were removed from the home and placed with a relative at the time,” officials said in their written statement.

Officials said a judge ordered the children be returned home in February but under monitored conditions.

[...]

City of Sugar Land‏ @SugarLandtxgov
We've over 7 inches of rain during the past four hours. All major roadways impassable. Seek high ground and avoid driving if possible. More rain is expected. Please report any incidents of house flooding in Sugar Land at http://www.sugarlandtx.gov/OnlineTownHall .
8:13 PM - 7 May 2019

Storms cut search for Maleah Davis short near stepfather's home
A deluge of rain and lightning brought the desperate hunt for a missing 4-year-old girl to an abrupt end Tuesday afternoon as volunteer search crews inched their way closer to where the child’s stepfather lives.

Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller dispatched more than two dozen people to the Alief area near Kirkwood Road and Bissonnet Street...

The searchers found nothing after spending Monday and Tuesday morning combing an area around Interstate 69 and Greens Road... With HPD’s blessing, Miller moved his command post to a business strip near Vence’s apartment, he said.

[...]

The souring weather left Miller short on help and time. Around 3 p.m., he retreated to his command post to prepare for Wednesday’s search. There, as rain pelted his trailer and thunder rumbled overhead, he recounted a phone call he had with HPD investigators.

“With the information he gave you, we’ve cleared everything up there and I want to go ahead and move down closer to the apartment,” is what Miller said he told the investigator.

“He says, ‘I totally agree,’” Miller said. “We’re all in agreement.”

[...]

Updated 4:07 AM ET, Wed May 8, 2019
Maleah Davis, 4, had been removed from her Texas home after physical abuse allegations. Now she's missing - CNN
[...]

During the CNN interview, Bowers disputed allegations that her daughter was physically abused.

Bowers said she took her daughter to West Houston Medical Center last July because she was lethargic, but nurses didn't examine her head.

Weeks later, on July 28, Maleah fell while she was sitting at the table eating by herself, Bowers said.

"When she falls, she came around that couch, she had a deep gash in her head and it freaked me out," said Bowers, who again rushed her daughter to West Houston. Doctors discharged Maleah without performing a CT scan, Bowers said.

Five days later, in early August, Maleah suffered a seizure, Bowers said, sobbing.
"They did a CT scan and that's when they told me there was bleeding on the left-hand side of her brain," she said. "At that point it was a life or death situation."

Doctors operated on Maleah, she said. A few day later, officials with Child Protective Services arrived at her home, Bowers said.

[...]

VIDEO: THE 60: Search resumes today for missing Houston girl
Weather permitting, volunteers plan to look for 4-year-old Maleah Davis again, whose biological father also spoke about her disappearance.

Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ
MISSING: Maleah Davis – Houston, Texas (5/03/19)

UPDATE: The search scheduled for 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday – May 8th 2019 to search for Maleah Davis has been suspended until further notice. The areas we had planned to search have been flooded with the recent heavy rains, and this could restrict us from being effective in finding Maleah. Some of the areas are now filled with deep rain water, and this would greatly limit our searchers and accessibility. We will issue a call-out once we plan to resume the search for Maleah. Maleah is an innocent victim, and there is no excuse for anyone causing her disappearance. The rain may slow us, but it won’t stop, or discourage us from finding little Maleah.

Rain hampers search efforts for 4-year-old Maleah Davis
A message on the Texas Equusearch website says the areas they planned to search today have been flooded. They message also says, "The rain may slow us, but it won’t stop, or discourage us from finding little Maleah."

On Tuesday, Texas Equusearch set up its command post in the parking lot next door to the apartments where Maleah Davis is said to have lived with her mom and stepdad when she went missing. Rain hampered search efforts. Some areas near Sugar Land received nearly a foot of rain on Tuesday evening.

Search suspended today for missing 4-year-old Houston girl due to weather
"Some of the areas are now filled with deep rain water, and this would greatly limit our searchers and accessibility," the group said.

It plans to issue a call-out for volunteers as soon as it's able to do so.

Houston Weather, Maleah Davis search resumes, rapper rescues people in flood: The 60

MAY 8, 2019
Maleah Davis missing: Her mother denies the girl was abused, and describes her head injury - CNN
[...]

Bowens said she took her daughter to West Houston Medical Center last July because she was lethargic, but nurses didn't examine her head.

Weeks later, on July 28, Maleah fell while she was sitting at the table eating by herself, Bowens said.

"When she falls, she came around that couch, she had a deep gash in her head and it freaked me out," said Bowens, who again rushed her daughter to West Houston. Doctors discharged Maleah without performing a CT scan, Bowens said.

Five days later, in early August, Maleah suffered a seizure, Bowens said, sobbing. Maleah was taken to a children's hospital.

"They did a CT scan and that's when they told me there was bleeding on the left-hand side of her brain," she said. "At that point it was a life or death situation."
Doctors operated on Maleah, she said. A few days later, officials with Child Protective Services arrived at her home, Bowens said.

"They didn't find anything because we're not those kinds of people," she said.
But that month, child protective services placed Maleah and her two brothers with relatives -- an arrangement that continued until the judge ordered them returned home in February.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back