TX TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Sugar Land, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Discussion in 'Missing! Media, Maps, Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*' started by PommyMommy, May 13, 2019.

1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Gardener1850 and ?mysterian? like this.

2. PommyMommy

Search for missing Houston girl resumes after being put on hold for weather
    [...]

Texas EquuSearch said it is in a race against the weather, which is expected to bring heavy rounds of rain between now and Saturday. The search will resume at South Kirkwood near Bissonnet in southwest Houston.

The priority is finding the car belonging to Maleah's stepfather, Darion Vence, after police found his story to be inconsistent.

[...]

3. PommyMommy

Cheryl Mercedes' report starts at the one-minute mark. Portions of some of the court documents can be seen in the video.

Why did Maleah Davis have brain surgery a few months before she disappeared?

4. PommyMommy

Nick Valencia on Twitter
    BREAKING- Mother of #MaleahDavis tells me that she has not spoken to the girls step-father in days. Despite efforts to get in touch he has not returned calls. “I need answers. And I can’t find him. I’ve called his family and he won’t call me back,” she said through tears. #CNN
    9:07 AM - 9 May 2019 from Atlanta, GA

VIDEO OF ATVS: Denise Middleton on Twitter
    Texas EquuSearch resuming the search for 4-year-old Maleah Davis in the Southwest Houston area today. Call police or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-tips if you know anything.
    8:59 AM - 9 May 2019

Katherine Marchand on Twitter
    URGENT SEARCH: With MORE rain on the way, Texas Equusearch only has a small window of time today to search for 4-year-old Maleah Davis. They’re not giving up! #FINDMALEAH #MaleahDavis
    9:08 AM - 9 May 2019

5. PommyMommy

As police look for the girl, Davis is left to wait.
    "I haven't spoken to the public because I can't talk about my daughter. I can't control my emotions. I can't predict myself. I break down and I cry," he said.

[snip]

"Even in pain, even in her injury, my daughter went through everything she went through and it did not change anything about her," he said.

6. PommyMommy

VIDEO: Tim Miller discusses search for Maleah Davis
    • TM has been talking to HPD Homicide a lot about this case.
    • The Brazos River is too high right now to put a boat with a sonar in it.
    • He is reminded of the Casey Anthony search where she disappeared and then a tropical storm came in. Even though this is discouraging, they are not giving up - the weather is just another one of the challenges.
    • They have searched a lot of area and they know where she is NOT.
    • TM thinks they'll have some more images of the vehicle before long.
    • He doesn't think they'll find Maleah how we would want her found.
    • They may be shut down the next three days because of the weather.
    • TM spoke with a Nissan dealership last night and there might be a way of getting more information on the vehicle now.. "Technology is a great thing and let's hope some new technology works."
    • Search area is about a 15-mile radius and they will search today until the weather comes in.

7. PommyMommy

MAY 9, 2019
    Car belonging to Maleah Davis' family appears 'normal', yields no clues to her disappearance

[...]

Investigators searched the Nissan Altima, but found no visible evidence inside of it. They said there was nothing suspicious inside of the car, and that it looked normal, meaning that there are no obvious signs of anything unusual.

Detective Ken Fregia said that the car was unlocked when officials arrived, and that it was clean.

The vehicle will be taken to the Houston Police Department for further processing.

[...]

Authorities said Thursday during a press conference that they did not notice anything unusual about the tires.

[...]
    Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, was also at the scene, where she was consoled. "Where is Maleah? Where is my baby?" she tearfully yelled.

8. PommyMommy

MAY 9, 2019
    This is everything that happened Thursday in the search for Maleah Davis
    [...]

A car was found
    • Where did it happen: A cab driver spotted a vehicle that belongs to the family of 4-year-old Maleah Thursday morning around 10:30 a.m. Thursday in Missouri City, according to police. Detective Ken Fregia of the Houston Police Department said the cab driver called police when she spotted the vehicle in the parking lot of a shopping center at the corner of Highway 6 and Riverstone Boulevard.
    • What police found: “The vehicle was unlocked when we got here,” Fregia said. “There’s no obvious signs of anything happening in the car.” Fregia said a child’s car seat was found inside, but Maleah has not been found.
    What police are working on
    • Checking video: Officers are checking surveillance video at stores in the shopping center to see if they can determine when the vehicle was dropped off and by whom, Fregia said. He said the vehicle will be towed to the crime lab and processed by technicians, who will dust for fingerprints.
    • Talking to the family: Fregia said investigators have not been able to reach Maleah's stepfather and that they would like for him to help assemble a sketch of the people who he says were involved in the abduction. Investigators have said Maleah’s stepfather is a person of interest in connection with her disappearance, citing inconsistencies in his story about how she was taken. Court documents show Maleah's maternal grandmother has requested that the children stay in her care.
    [...]

9. PommyMommy

VIDEO AT THE SCENE OF THE LOCATED VEHICLE:
    NEW: Texas Equusearch tells us the car belonging to the stepdad of missing 4yo Maleah Davis was found! @abc13houston was 1st on the scene. We can see his Nissan Altima in this shopping center off Hwy 6.
    10:24 AM - 9 May 2019

Courtney Carpenter on Twitter
    BREAKING: Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch confirms that law enforcement told him #MaleahDavis’ step-father’s car was found at a Wal-Mart in Missouri City. @CW39Houston
    [​IMG]
    10:25 AM - 9 May 2019

Lauren Talarico on Twitter
    BREAKING: Missouri City PD has confirmed the car reportedly stolen in the disappearance of Maleah Davis has been located in a parking lot along Highway 6. #MaleahDavis #khou11

[​IMG]
    10:24 AM - 9 May 2019

Nissan Altima in Maleah Davis case has been located, Texas Equusearch says

10. PommyMommy

BB is at the scene.
    ABC13 Houston on Twitter
    WATCH NOW: Search for 4-year-old Maleah Davis has investigators looking through her stepdad’s car https://abc13.co/2H4iwCM
    [​IMG]
    10:32 AM - 9 May 2019

Video of police searching the vehicle...
    HAPPENING NOW: Investigators searching the car belonging to missing girl Maleah Davis’ family. Police CONFIRM this is the car they were trying to locate after she disappeared. #MaleahDavis https://abc13.com/car-belonging-to-maleah-davis-stepdad-found-in-missouri-city/5292359/ …
    10:33 AM - 9 May 2019

VIDEO: Jason Miles on Twitter
    Here’s a look at the parking lot NEAR the Missouri City, TX Walmart where car #MaleahDavis’s stepdad claims was stolen was just found. That’s it in the middle of an area cordoned off with crime scene tape #khou11 #htownrush @KHOU
    11:35 AM - 9 May 2019 from Missouri City, TX..

Shelley Childers on Twitter
    BREAKING: the silver Nissan Altima, reported stolen by Maleah’s stepfather is found in Missouri City. Mother of the missing 4YO is on scene tearfully yelling “Where is my baby?” @abc13houston #FINDMALEAH #MaleahDavis
    [​IMG]
    10:42 AM - 9 May 2019

KPRC Cathy Hernandez on Twitter
    BREAKING: Emotional moment. The mother of #MaleahDavis shows up to shopping center where the Nissan was found. Maleah is still missing. @KPRC2#kprc2
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    10:48 AM - 9 May 2019

11. PommyMommy

WATCH LIVE: Stolen car in Maleah Davis case has been found, Missouri City police say
    [​IMG]
    The Nissan Altima, which belongs to the girl's mother, was found in a business parking lot along Highway 6 near FM 1092/Murphy Road.

Houston Police on Twitter
    UPDATE on investigation of missing child Maleah Davis: PIO is en route to a business at 5425 State Highway 6 in Missouri City where the silver Nissan Altima involved in Maleah's alleged kidnapping was recovered a short time ago.
    10:56 AM - 9 May 2019

Detectives will have an on-scene media briefing soon. All updated information will be released at that time. #hounews
    10:56 AM - 9 May 2019

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
    Amber Alert Update: Missouri City Police say a citizen called them after recognizing the license plate of the allegedly stolen car connected to the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis. Police say Maleah is not inside. The car is in a strip mall parking lot on Hwy 6.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    11:01 AM - 9 May 2019

Amber Alert Update: Mother of missing girl Maleah Davis is in the passenger seat of the police car to the left. She cracked the door to lean out and vomit. She’s in tears. The silver Nissan belongs to her. Her fiancé was allegedly driving it when Maleah was abducted.
    [​IMG]
    11:06 AM - 9 May 2019

12. PommyMommy

Steve Campion on Twitter
    This picture breaks my heart. #MaleahDavis' mother is at the location where investigators are searching the silver car that belongs to the stepdad. She was seen crying and asking, "Where is Maleah?" Details on the search here -> http://abc13.co/2H4iwCM . #BREAKING #abc13
    [​IMG]
    11:21 AM - 9 May 2019

Car belonging to Maleah Davis' stepdad found in Missouri City, Texas EquuSearch says
    [...]

Investigators searched the vehicle Thursday morning.

Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, was also at the scene, where she was consoled. "Where is Maleah? Where is my baby?" she tearfully yelled.

[...]

?mysterian? and Gardener1850 like this.
  13. PommyMommy

Shelley Childers on Twitter
    JUST IN: we’ve learned it was a customer shopping at Dollar Tree who first spotted the missing car belonging to Maleah’s family. @abc13houston #FINDMALEAH#MaleahDavis
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    11:25 AM - 9 May 2019

KHOU 11 News Houston on Twitter
    Equusearch says at the request of Houston Police, there has been a suspension of the search for Maleah Davis until further notice #KHOU
    11:34 AM - 9 May 2019

Erica Simon on Twitter
    UPDATE: investigators found no visible evidence in #MaleahDavis’ family car. Will take vehicle for further investigation (prints/DNA, etc).
    11:33 AM - 9 May 2019

14. PommyMommy

MAY 9, 2019
    PRESS CONFERENCE:
    • Meleah is not in the vehicle.
    • HPD hasn't spoken to DV in a couple days, since the initial interview. They are not concerned.
    • Nothing found in car, it was clean
    • They are taking the car to HPD for processing
    • Looked inside, everything looks normal including the trunk
    • Checking video at area businesses right now to see when it was dropped off
    • There is a car seat in the car
    • Still looking for tips
    • Nothing wrong with tires on car
    • Daycare center was interviewed

15. PommyMommy

Mireya Villarreal on Twitter
    Missing car in #MaleahDavis case found in Missouri City.
    Details
    Car found after tip from taxi driver
    Car looked normal & clean
    Investigators reviewing surveillance video
    PD has not spoken to step-dad since the weekend; they say he HAS NOT made himself available
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    12:10 PM - 9 May 2019

16. PommyMommy

17. PommyMommy

Maleah Davis update: Taxi driver finds missing car her stepfather reported stolen
    [...]

Police said they opened the doors and trunk of the vehicle, but there were no early signs of anything unusual.

“The car looks fine. Everything looks normal on the car. The tires look OK," Fregia said. "It doesn’t mean they weren’t changed at some point, I don’t know.”

He said the trunk looked normal too.

Crime scene investigators will take a closer look.

[...]

18. PommyMommy

MAY 9, 2019
    Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules
    A court order has been issued that bans Maleah Davis’s mother and stepfather from having any contact with their son or any of the mother's other children, KHOU 11 Investigates has learned.

During an emergency hearing Wednesday morning, the court ordered Maleah’s younger half-brother to stay with his paternal grandmother. Maleah’s older brother in now in the custody of his paternal aunt, and if Maleah is found alive, that’s where she would go.

"Mother & Father Vence to have no contact with the children," the court minutes read.

[...]

19. PommyMommy

Maleah was in daycare...

VIDEO: Jason Miles on Twitter
    .. “The kids really miss Maleah.” @KHOU exclusive at 6:00: #MaleahDavis’s daycare lets me in to talk about missing 4 year-old. Staff last saw her in April.. But say stepdad was here the day he claims she was kidnapped. That’s Maleah’s cubby awaiting her return #khou11 #htownrush
    4:09 PM - 9 May 2019 from Missouri City, TX

Update: Stepdad of missing girl Maleah Davis hasn’t showed up to work at PharMEDium in a week, his coworker tells me. Darion Vence was sent home because he was vomiting last week. He was officially “home with the flu” by Friday. This week he isn’t answering calls about absence.

Ivory Hecker FOX 26‏Verified account @IvoryHecker
    Amber Alert Update: Houston Police say they haven’t been able to get ahold of Darion Vence since last weekend. They tried to call him in to give a sketch description of the three Hispanic men he says abducted him. Police say he’s a person of interest in Maleah’s disappearance.
    [​IMG]
    10:40 AM - 9 May 2019 pst

?mysterian? likes this.
  20. PommyMommy

Khou11's updated timeline.

Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl
    [...]

Thursday, 12:10 p.m.: KHOU 11 Investigates has learned that Vence and Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, are banned from having any contact with their son or any of the Bowens’ other children. The ruling came during an emergency hearing Wednesday.

Thursday, 10:40 a.m. Maleah's mother is consoled by detectives after she shows up at scene where her husband's missing cars was found. "Where is my baby?," she cried.

Thursday, 10:30 a.m.: Police searched the trunk for evidence in the case, but didn't find any evidence.

"The car looks fine, everything on the car looks normal, the tires look OK," a law enforcement officer said. "Doesn't mean they weren't changed at some point. I don't know anything on that, really."

Thursday, 10:20 a.m.: Missouri City police confirm the missing car belonging to Maleah stepfather has been found. Eqqusearch volunteers say they found it in a strip center parking lot near Highway 6 and Riverstone Blvd.

Thursday a.m.: The owner of Maleah's daycare told KHOU that they haven't seen her since April 26. The owner said Vence picked up his son Friday but Maleah wasn't with him.

Thursday a.m.: The search for 4-year-old Maleah Davis has resumed, Texas Equusearch said Thursday morning.

[...]

?mysterian? likes this.