TX - Malik Faisal Akram 44, shot dead by LE in hostage situation @ synagogue, Colleyville, Jan'22

Zoom Audio @ link, :eek: rbbm.
Colleyville: 1 hostage released during standoff at synagogue | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

''According to ABC, the FBI has not confirmed the hostage-taker’s identity. Anyone who supports Siddiqui’s cause might call himself her brother even if they’re not related. The Star-Telegram spoke with an attorney who previously represented a brother of Siddiqui. The attorney said she talked to that brother Saturday and he is not the hostage-taker.''

The Council on American-Islamic Relations condemned the hostage-taking incident in a statement. “This antisemitic attack against a house of worship is unacceptable,” CAIR’s Houston chapter said in the statement. “We stand in solidarity with the Jewish community, and we pray that law enforcement authorities are able to swiftly free the hostages and bring them to safety. “We want to make it very well known that the hostage-taker is NOT Dr. Aafia Siddiqui’s brother, who is not even in the same region where this horrible incident is taking place,” the CAIR statement said. “We want the hostage-taker to know that Dr. Aafia Siddiqui and her family strongly condemn this act and do not stand by you. Dr. Aafia’s family has always stood firm in advocating for the release of their sister from incarceration by legal and non-violent means only.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article257360862.html#storylink=cpy

Shortly before 2 p.m., the man said, “You got to do something. I don’t want to see this guy dead.” Moments later, the feed cut out.

Texas resident Victoria Francis told The Associated Press that she watched about an hour of the livestream before it cut out. She said she heard the man rant against America and claim he had a bomb.

“He was just all over the map. He was pretty irritated and the more irritated he got, he’d make more threats, like ‘I’m the guy with the bomb. If you make a mistake, this is all on you.’ And he’d laugh at that,” she said. “He was clearly in extremely distress.”

Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said he was monitoring the situation closely. “We pray for the safety of the hostages and rescuers,” he wrote on Twitter.

Israel’s consul general in Houston is on her way to the scene of the incident, Foreign Minister Yair Lapid said in a statement, adding that Israeli officials “are in close contact with American law enforcement agencies.”
Ranting Man Takes Hostages At Texas Synagogue
*eta
A rabbi in New York City received a call from the rabbi believed to be held hostage in the synagogue to demand Siddiqui’s release, a law enforcement official said. The New York rabbi then called 911 .

Congregation Beth Israel is led by Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker, who has been there since 2006 as the synagogue’s first full-time rabbi. He has worked to bring a sense of spirituality, compassion and learning to the community, according to his biography, and he loves welcoming everyone, including LGBT people, into the congregation.
Man takes hostages at synagogue, demands prisoner be freed | AP News

Last edited:
Per the attorney representing Aafia Siddiqui,.....

"We strongly condemn the hostage-taking at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, TX," said Marwa Elbially in a statement. "We implore the hostage taker to immediately release all hostages and turn himself in."

"We want to verify that the perpetrator is NOT Dr. Aafia's brother who is a respected architect and member of the community. Whoever the assailant is, we want him to know that his actions are condemned by Dr. Aafia and her family," the statement added, calling the suspect's actions "heinous and wrong."

Live updates: Hostage situation at synagogue in Colleyville, Texas

Then WHO is he?

Also here:
"This antisemitic attack against a house of worship is unacceptable," CAIR-Houston board chair John Floyd said. "We stand in solidarity with the Jewish community, and we pray that law enforcement authorities are able to swiftly free the hostages and bring them to safety."

Floyd also said that, contrary to prior reports, the hostage-taker is not the brother of Aafia Siddiqui, claiming he is "not even in the same region where this horrible incident is taking place."

"We want the hostage-taker to know that Dr. Aafia Siddiqui and her family strongly condemn this act and do not stand by you," added Floyd, who was described by CAIR-Houston as "long-time legal counsel for the brother of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui.
Live Updates: 1 hostage released, at least 3 still being held at Texas synagogue

This is not far from me. The Rabbi is well known for being generous and inclusive in the community. He is part of many interfaith ceremonies and events and supports celebrations of other faiths in the community. He supports foster children, homeless youth, struggling citizens and so many. I have never met him but his reputation is widely known and respected in the area. I hope this has a peaceful resolution and soon.

ETA: There has been no information shared in local groups, aside from what little is shared in the news. No one close to the situation is talking that I can tell. (Which is probably for the best, safety-wise.)

Thank the Lord that the hostages have been released unharmed, at least physically. Emotionally, that's another story.
God bless those hostage negotiators who've dealt with this
for 11 hours.

CNN is saying now that there was some loud bangs and then silence, and the hostages were released from the synagogue.

At this moment, no report of the fate of the terrorist.

I'm speculating SWAT was told to intervene after 11 hours had passed .

ETA:

In America, in 2022, it shouldn't be a miracle to be both Jewish and alive.

My synagogue has one security officer, although I haven't attended in person since Covid. My wish would be that more security would not be needed, but in this anti-Semitic climate I believe we will need more.

Last edited:
The hostage-taker was shot during a rescue mission carried out by the FBI's hostage rescue team, according CBS Dallas-Fort Worth's Doug Dunbar. An epxlosion and what appeared to be several gunshots were heard shortly before it was announced that all remaining hostages were safe. The condition of the hostage-taker was not immediately made clear.

Live Updates: All hostages from Texas synagogue are "out alive and safe," governor says

200 LE, FBI, Swat teams, negotiators.
investigating this guy, and his contacts,
motive,
any possible threats.
they don't want to talk about who this guy is...yet.
They have identified subject
deliberate decision to enter synagogue for rescue

negotiations high frequency sometimes got intense, sometime slowed down
4 people ok un harmed

Stacey Silverman, who has been a member of the congregation for 13 years and was watching the service when the hostages were taken, said the suspect could be heard saying that he had flown to the area from 5,000 miles away, and that he said he chose a synagogue because the United States “only cares about Jewish lives."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/01/15/texas-synagogue-hostages/

Texas synagogue accused hostage taker was British national

Texas synagogue accused hostage taker was British national

Thank the Lord that the hostages have been released unharmed, at least physically. Emotionally, that's another story.
God bless those hostage negotiators who've dealt with this
for 11 hours.

CNN is saying now that there was some loud bangs and then silence, and the hostages were released from the synagogue.

At this moment, no report of the fate of the terrorist.

I'm speculating SWAT was told to intervene after 11 hours had passed .

ETA:

In America, in 2022, it shouldn't be a miracle to be both Jewish and alive.

My synagogue has one security officer, although I haven't attended in person since Covid. My wish would be that more security would not be needed, but in this anti-Semitic climate I believe we will need more.

Also fbi flew in a team.

About 200 local, state and federal law enforcement officers had converged on the synagogue, including a team of F.B.I. agents who flew from Quantico, Va., the authorities said.

Hostages Rescued Safely, Suspect Dies in Texas Synagogue Standoff

It did raise my brow reading that, now reading who this person wanted released makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back