TX - Manhunt underway for possible serial killer, Harris Co, 13 Jul 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Investigators find murdered Cypress woman's vehicle at Willowbrook Mall

Homicide investigators located the missing car belonging to a woman found murdered in her Cypress home Friday evening.
upload_2018-7-17_0-4-17.jpeg
They are looking for a man seen on video parking the victim's 2004 PT Cruiser at Willowbrook Mall.

A citizen reported seeing the vehicle abandoned in the parking lot, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Mall surveillance video showed the man walking through mall and exiting through the opposite side of where the PT Cruiser was abandoned, according to the sheriff's office.

Melissa Correa KHOU

Harris County Sheriff's Office

Ed Gonzalez

‪Need public’s help in identifying this man. Possible suspect in the murder of Ms. Pamela Johnson (62 yrs), killed in her home in Cypress. Possibly a Hispanic male, 30-35, 5’07”-5’09”, thin build, short hair w tattoos on both forearms. Pleasa call 713-274-9100 or 713-222-8477. ‬

Video and full press release: HCSO Homicide Release Video Of Capital Murder Suspect. from Harris County Sheriff's Office : Nixle
CB5F2992-D1A9-4D40-AE61-B22D7BDBDCC7.jpeg 21F805D2-6CB1-40EF-A0F9-A2413B1A4210.jpeg 88E9CCDB-37ED-44F0-BECF-5B0FFFFBA372.jpeg

Do you recognize this man?

On Friday, July 13, 2018, at approximately 6:30 P.M., the victim, Pamela Johnson 62 YOA, was found dead inside her home, located at 12402 Bent Pine DR, in northwest Harris County. Family members became concerned when they were unable to make contact with her.

The last time Ms. Johnson was in contact with family/friends was believed to be around noon on Tuesday, July 10, 2018. Homicide Investigators with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene. The investigation revealed that Ms. Johnson is a murder victim and that personal property and a maroon, 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser were stolen from her home.

On Saturday evening, July 14, 2018, the PT Cruiser was recovered from Willowbrook Mall, after a citizen reported seeing the vehicle abandoned in the parking lot.

Investigators reviewed the mall’s surveillance video and observed a male park the vehicle in the mall parking lot at approximately 11:00 A.M. on Saturday. The male walked through the mall and exited the opposite side from where the PT Cruiser was abandoned.

The male appears to be an “olive” complected male (possibly Hispanic), 30 to 35 years of age, 5’07’ to 5’09” tall, thin build, short hair with tattoos on both forearms.

The video link is here

If anyone recognizes the male, or has any information regarding the murder of Pamela Johnson, they are asked to contact the Harris County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit at 713.274.9100, or call Crime Stoppers at 713.222.TIPS(8477).

Sheriff Gonzalez and the HCSO Homicide Unit seek information on a capital murder suspect:

Harris County Sheriff's Office

Last edited:
Is he carrying a purse? I wonder what all was taken. Jewelry maybe?

Just trying to get a timeline:

Last time victim was heard from by family was July 10, (Tuesday)

She was discovered July 13, (Friday) murdered in her home

Her car was seen and recovered at the Willowbrook Mall, in the evening Saturday July 14

In Mall video, suspect was seen parking her car in mall parking lot and entering the Mall and exiting out the other side at 11:00 am, July 14 Saturday

Which means this creep had possession of her car for at least a day and night.

It is now July 16. This guy has been on the loose for at least 3 days!!!

I’m local and saw the murders at the mattress stores recently and wondered if they were related since the first mattress murder happened at Willowbrook mall. Then I found this!
Houston police search for man connected to 3 homicides, assaults, robberies, officials say
Houston police search for man connected to 3 homicides, assaults, robberies, officials say

Houston police and Harris County authorities are searching for a man linked to three fatal shootings, an aggravated robbery, attempted murder and a home invasion in the Cypress area and north Houston.

Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said Jose Gilberto Rodriguez, 46, a registered sex offender, is considered a serial killer and is believed to be armed and dangerous.

Home invasion # 1 July 9
The first aggravated robbery police said Rodriguez is connected to was a home invasion July 9 in the 1200 block of Foxburo Drive.

Murder#1 Pamela Johnson

Murder #2
Mattress Firm manager finds employee's body in Houston store
Mattress Firm manager finds employee's body in Houston store

Murder #3
Employee shot to death at north Houston mattress store, police say
Employee shot to death at north Houston mattress store, police say

Shooting Monday morning (3:30am July 16)
METROLift driver shot in northeast Houston, police say
METROLift driver shot in northeast Houston, police say

Looks like he came in on Hwy 290 and is using 610 to loop around, roughly based on addresses.

Last edited:
This is scary. What's up with targeting mattress stores?
My husband and I think it’s because they generally don’t have a lot of people working at once. He may have tried a few stores before finding a single employee to kill I’m assuming for their vehicle. Initially we were thinking robbery but I wouldn’t think there would be a lot of cash on hand. Then again, a Metro driver wouldn’t have a lot of cash on hand I wouldn’t think and he may have shot and robbed him.

Video at link.

HCSO: Manhunt underway for possible 'serial killer'
The killing spree started Friday with the shocking murder of a widow who liked to read the Bible and surprise neighbors with homemade cookies.
In a chilling twist, Houston police announced Monday two mattress store murders could be linked to the murder of a Cypress woman, along with other unsolved crimes.
They have identified 46-year-old Jose Rodriguez as a suspect in the violent crime spree.

760246cd-5255-4604-8e11-7a17cd32976c_360x203.jpg

I cannot wrap my head around the focus of this murderer to mattress stores. I cannot imagine that they have much cash there, and it seems like a complicated way to steal a car. This individual had been released from prison after serving some time for a variety of crimes, but murder had not been one of them. Something triggered this escalation in his offenses. He had been released last year on parole.
From the KTRK.COM website:

Eyewitness News learned Rodriguez has convictions for burglary, attempted aggravated sex abuse, auto theft, and criminal trespassing, all since 1989. He is a registered sex offender.

Last September, Rodriguez made parole and was released from prison. In a startling revelation, police believe Rodriguez had cut off an ankle monitor that had been tracking his movements.

7FD7F4BB-3161-4786-BD20-87FFB8A25654.png

Very very dangerous. Scary stuff.

Earlier this month, Rodriguez’s ankle monitor reported being tampered with, which is when an arrest warrant was reportedly issued.

I wonder if there are other unsolved murders since that time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back