TX TX - Maoye Sun, 50, Mei Xie, 49, & two sons, 9 & 7, Cypress, 24 Jan 2014

the administration of Chinese President Xi Jingping continues to tighten its corruption investigation around former Chinese domestic security chief Zhou Yongkang and his inner circle.

Beijing’s latest move is the seizure of some $14.5 billion in assets from Zhou’s family members and close associates, along with the arrest or questioning of more than 300 of them.

The staggering sum seized is said to larger than any other corruption related action yet taken by Beijing.

Zhou is the highest ranking former Chinese official caught up in President Xi’s anti-corruption crackdown. He has been under house arrest since late 2013, and multiple reports indicate that formal charges against him may be brought up in coming weeks.

~~

While much attention and energy is being poured into investigating Zhou and his inner circle, Feinerman said that “There are many others (such as former Premier Wen Jibao) who have never been targeted, but may be equally or more corrupt. Corruption prosecutions are very selective.”

“There is a Chinese proverb about ‘killing the chicken to scare the monkeys,’ which suggests that scapegoating one of many may send a signal to others to clean up their acts,” said Feinerman .

http://www.voanews.com/content/chin...-yongkang-exposes-scale-of-graft/1887857.html

From HouDat's article above:

Wei Shi said sources told him that Sun was involved in PetroChina’s allegedly corrupt procurement activities in the United States, and that he and his family were eliminated to prevent any information being leaked.

From HouDat's article above:

Wei Shi said sources told him that Sun was involved in PetroChina’s allegedly corrupt procurement activities in the United States, and that he and his family were eliminated to prevent any information being leaked.

I always check here to see any updates to this horrible crime.

Thank you colette for this.

Whatever happen and whatever the reason for this, WHY kill these poor children and their mom?

Praying for justice.

Six Months And No Arrest... really good article about the family and the crime. The community mows the lawn where the family cars are still out front in the driveway, lights come on at night in the home. Trees planted by the school in memory of the 2 boys continue to grow...

A new press conference was held a few days ago. With a $70,000 reward and 2 donated billboards about the crime, LE has little to go on.

After the initial investigation, deputies said they didn't find a firearm. Neighbors hadn't heard any gunshots. Authorities believe the killings took place days before the bodies were found. Sun was last seen alive on Friday, Jan. 24, when he left work.

Anyone with information related to this case is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Houston at (713) 222-TIPS, the HCSO’s Homicide Division at (713) 967-5810, or via the iWatchHarrisCounty phone app.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...s-after-Cypress-family-slain-wary-5655567.php

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/tomb...cle_bdb300fe-0831-5608-804f-146f42d63a3d.html

One year and still no answers...

Billboards reading “WHO KILLED THE SUN FAMILY? $70,000 REWARD,” along with a photo of the Suns, continue to appear throughout the Houston-area. Clear Channel Outdoor has generously donated the billboard space for the past year to keep the message alive.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/spri...cle_0a6ad2a2-a82d-11e4-97e5-1be9e32b2d08.html

Theories as to what happened to the family have ranged from the murder being arranged overseas to a contract killing, but none have been supported by investigators. Investigators were unable to find a firearm in the home but several windows were broken, suggesting foul play. All of the Sun's immediate family resides in China and were unable to provide authorities with any information that may have helped progress the case, officials have said.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/c...-marks-anniversary-of-slayings-of-6051830.php

622x350.jpg

If the Chinese government is involved, we know all we will ever know. Unfortunately, their family means little in the games world powers play internally and with other entities. Their family in China would be killed, too, if they are still alive now. RIP.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/c...ss-slaying-remains-a-mystery-year-6083391.php

More than a year after a man and woman and their two young children were brutally slain in their Cypress home the killers are still on the run.

Maoye Sun, 50, his wife, 49-year-old Mei Xie, and their sons, Timothy Xie Sun, 9, and 7-year-old Titus Xiao Sun, were found shot to death about 7 p.m. Jan. 30, 2014, inside their house in the 14000 block of Fosters Creek Drive, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Each had been shot in the head, and their deaths were ruled homicides. (more)

Nothing really new, just keeping the story alive.

nothing...........so why have a presser if you are not going to elaborate on anything? And only ask the killer/killers to turn themselves in? How bizarre.

Sheriff to killer:
"I hope you never find a peaceful night. I hope your neck hurts because you keep looking over your shoulder," Garcia said Monday at a press conference addressing the cold case.
"I hope every time you blink you see the images of these children. I want you to remember that you killed two children. I want that to burn in your brain. I want you to have no peace in your life until you turn yourself in and confess," Garcia said.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/still-no-suspects-in-murder-of-northwest-houston-family/31293464

Wowza. Thank you for the link, HouDat.

While Sun was studying for his doctoral degree in Texas, he became acquainted with Zhou Yongkang's eldest son Zhou Bin, who was also studying in Texas. Over the next few decades, CNPC purchases of oil wells and oil extraction equipment became a major source of illicit revenue for Zhou's family, the website reported.

Sun is reported to have held assets for the Zhou family in the US and to have held a lot of classified documents for Zhou Yongkang, given to him by Zhou Bin, the website stated.

Zhou is thought to have had Sun assassinated to get rid of any evidence against him, the website stated.

Zhou was placed under detention in 2013, though this was not officially confimed until June last year. In December it was announced that Zhou would face criminal charges and had been expelled from the party. Last month he was charged with bribery, abuse of power and the intentional disclosure of state secrets.

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20150505000080&cid=1101

Wow. Evil has a far reach. I hope this IS the answer to this tragedy, though it will not bring this family back. It WILL give a bit of peace of mind to neighbors I imagine who will know this was a targeted execution. Still a huge tragedy.

I would not have bet that there would ever be an arrest in this case, considering the possibility of ties to the shadow of overseas corruption. My hope is that this is indeed the actual perpetrator. It remains to be seen what we will be told and learn about this most brutal tragic atrocity.

This surprises me…..a ”workplace issue”.
It defies logic that this supposed “slight” would cause such rage that would result in 4 brutal murders, 2 of them children. But we have seen so much that is illogical and irrational from perpetrators on WS that logic does not apply in cases like this I suppose. I would be very interested in this suspect‘s actions between the murders and now when he was re-entering the country from China, 8 years in total of escaping responsibility for this crime.

Cypress family massacre suspect was passed up for promotion before shooting, court documents reveal

Court documents reveal that this all may have started because of an issue at work.

During an interview with investigators, Lu told police he asked Sun for a recommendation for a promotion.

Lu told police he heard that Sun did not provide the recommendation, so he called him to ask why he didn't give it. Sun reportedly told Lu he did recommend him, the documents state.

When Lu went back to work the next day, he told police he felt he was being "treated differently" by his coworkers and said he thought Sun said something derogatory about him to his coworkers after their phone call, and that's why he wasn't selected for the promotion.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back