Recovered/Located TX - Margaret Aislinn Channon, 24, Big Bend National Park, 11 Feb 2019

A fund-raising page has been set up to raise money for a PI and travel expenses for the family while they look for her.

Per TOS, I am not going to post the link to the page (it has been shared by Margaret’s mom on her own Facebook page), and I’m pretty sure I’m not supposed to talk about what is on the page, either, but since there is so little information available about the case, hopefully, it’s OK to post the following (all from the fund-raising page):

1. Margaret disappeared from Presidio, TX on Feb. 19th;

2. She had lost her phone and wallet;

3. She tried to reach her mom by phone, but the call was cut off;

4. They are looking for her in Southwest Texas and Mexico, as well as other places;

5. She likes to go to coffee co-ops, where she can sit and draw;

6. She also enjoys going to alternative music shows;

7. Her left canine tooth is broken due to a fall from a bike;

There are a couple of pictures of Margaret without make-up posted on the page, and she does look very different than she does in the photos we’ve seen so far.

A fund-raising page has been set up to raise money for a PI and travel expenses for the family while they look for her.

Per TOS, I am not going to post the link to the page (it has been shared by Margaret’s mom on her own Facebook page), and I’m pretty sure I’m not supposed to talk about what is on the page, either, but since there is so little information available about the case, hopefully, it’s OK to post the following (all from the fund-raising page):

1. Margaret disappeared from Presidio, TX on Feb. 19th;

2. She had lost her phone and wallet;

3. She tried to reach her mom by phone, but the call was cut off;

4. They are looking for her in Southwest Texas and Mexico, as well as other places;

5. She likes to go to coffee co-ops, where she can sit and draw;

6. She also enjoys going to alternative music shows;

7. Her left canine tooth is broken due to a fall from a bike;

There are a couple of pictures of Margaret without make-up posted on the page, and she does look very different than she does in the photos we’ve seen so far.

#5 and #6 Maybe she is in Marfa? Marfa Police Dept. 432-729-1841.

#2 and #3 are concerning. No money then?No phone? How’d she call her mom? Pay phone? Do they still exist? (Yes I know there are a few.) Why not call back? Did someone stop the call and prevent her from recalling?
Disturbing to say the least. Jmo

Traveling from Baltimore, would go to Mardi Gras first (mid February - last parade was March 5) then on to SXSW (March 11-18).
So if she was in Presidio on Feb 11th, she bypassed New Orleans Mardi Gras. IMO

New Orleans to Presidio is approximately 1,000 miles, 15 hour drive.

I'm still wanting to know if this young woman's name/info has been entered into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System [NamUs].

I managed to find NamUs's search page, but can't figure out how to determine if she's listed with them. The Search page I found (linked below) looks more like a form to fill out in order to report a missing person!

Here's the Search Link in case someone here is willing to try:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She has been entered.. waiting for them to confirm and make live

New information:

“A family is searching for a 24-year-old woman who was last heard from using a Midland phone number to contact her mother back in February.

Margaret Aislinn Channon’s last known location was Big Bend National Park on Feb. 11. Channon arrived at the park and later called her mother from Midland phone number 432-538-3315 at 9:32 p.m. that night. The call was dropped and attempts to call back were reportedly met with fax noises

A park ranger confirmed she had left the park and was on her way to Austin, expressing intentions to visit SXSW music festival.

[SBM]

Channon was known to hitchhike.

A missing persons report was filed with the Montgomery County Police, Bethesda District.
The report number is 190011464.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Family searching for missing woman

The article is from 15 hours ago, but it doesn’t mention the sighting in Presidio on Feb. 19. Perhaps it hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Also, I just noticed the Big Bend NPS tweeted about Margaret last week:

Missing person alert, last seen in Presidio (1 1/2 hours west of the park): Margaret Aislinn Channon. Last seen in Big Bend NP Feb 11 & in Predido, TX Feb 19. Please contact family or police department listed in the post. Thank you for your assistance.
Brewster County Sheriff's Office

Big Bend NPS on Twitter

Last edited:
Is there a missing page set up for her?

Very good question. I haven’t seen one yet. A “Help Find Margaret ...”-type Facebook page would be a great tool for spreading awareness, share more pictures (I have seen pictures of her on the fundraising site where she looks very different than the ones that have been used elsewhere), and if the family wishes, exchange ideas as to where she might have gone since there are so many possibilities here, IMO.

I am curious...perhaps I missed something, but someone here mentioned wondering how/where she became separated from her friends. Do we know when she was with friends? Or was she traveling to all of these places alone? I have only seen that friends knew where she was intending to go...the music festival. Curious when she was last seen by someone she knew...again, sorry if I missed this!

I am curious...perhaps I missed something, but someone here mentioned wondering how/where she became separated from her friends. Do we know when she was with friends? Or was she traveling to all of these places alone? I have only seen that friends knew where she was intending to go...the music festival. Curious when she was last seen by someone she knew...again, sorry if I missed this!
I don’t believe you missed anything :).

There is an article that states:

“Updated: Mar 14, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
[SBM]

According to officials with the BCSO, Margaret Aislinn Channon was on her way to SXSW in Austin and stopped at Big Bend National Park with friends.

She has now been reported missing.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Brewster County searching for missing woman

I hope the following is allowed since there is so little to work with:

Last Wednesday. Margaret’s mom posted on her FB page she left her phone at a friend’s house in Nevada. (BBM)

[A little more about the phone]
In the same thread, her mom also said Margaret has a line on her account, and “that’s a dead end.”

Two days ago, under a post by a high school friend of Margaret’s, who shared her missing persons poster, her mom commented Margaret's phone has been found and is being mailed to her. She also says Margaret hasn’t logged in to SM or email since January 18th.

Also on Wednesday, her mom commented on her FB, Margaret was on a mission to see the country and pretty responsive until February. [No mention of anyone traveling with her]

Hi there,

I went to speak to the officer who last saw her. According to his description, it was approximately 2 or 3 in the afternoon on the 19th of Feb. She identified herself with name and dob, as she did not have id. The spot looked like the sort of place that someone might camp out: there was a natural shelter of trees, a water pump, and it was fairly secluded. Although the officer apparently patrols that spot regularly, so I guess she couldn't have been camping there too long.

We also have an unconfirmed report she was spotted in Ojinaga, and I am trying to follow that up now.

I wonder how often she checked in with family or friends while on her trip. Although she did not have her phone with her, I would imagine she could manage to contact someone if she wanted to. But it appears that even though she did not contact anyone between Feb 11th and the 19th, she was still safe (as it appeared to the officer). Also, if she was on the move all the time, I wonder where her phone was being sent to her?

Hi there,

I went to speak to the officer who last saw her. According to his description, it was approximately 2 or 3 in the afternoon on the 19th of Feb. She identified herself with name and dob, as she did not have id. The spot looked like the sort of place that someone might camp out: there was a natural shelter of trees, a water pump, and it was fairly secluded. Although the officer apparently patrols that spot regularly, so I guess she couldn't have been camping there too long.

We also have an unconfirmed report she was spotted in Ojinaga, and I am trying to follow that up now.
Welcome to WS, @wendingwayfarer!

You must be friend or family. I am so sorry for what you are going through.

May I please recommend that you consider becoming what we call a Verified Insider here (link below)?

If you don’t, your posts may be deleted because no link is provided from approved MSM article. A Verified Insider does not have to post links to the information that you are sharing with us.

Verification Process for Professional or Inside der Posters

Hoping that Margaret is found very soon.

Very good question. I haven’t seen one yet. A “Help Find Margaret ...”-type Facebook page would be a great tool for spreading awareness, share more pictures (I have seen pictures of her on the fundraising site where she looks very different than the ones that have been used elsewhere), and if the family wishes, exchange ideas as to where she might have gone since there are so many possibilities here, IMO.
Only listed on Texas Equisearch last I checked. And Missing in Texas. Not her own page though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back