Found Deceased TX - Maria Jesus Llamas, 69, San Antonio, 20 Nov 2016

I was trying to contact one of the posters on Facebook to get more information on the exact location of the purse when it was found. Some co-workers and I searched that same area, on both sides of the bridge, for hours. I'm just curious to see if we searched over it. The weeds and brush are high in that area, so it is quite possible. If anyone gets more info please post. Thank you.

IMG_0751_1481605141410_7330005_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/tracking-dogs-help-in-search-for-missing-sa-woman/368924215

Thanks. JG.

The strap looks intact, which is disheartening if she wore it cross-body.
Although I suppose she could have taken it off herself. To dump it out?

I just spent a week with my father, who has Alzheimer's, before he was placed in a care facility. Sigh...

My dad wanted to go find his friends one evening. Like let's bust out of here and go! I drove him all over KC and let him tell me where to go. BTW, all his friends are dead. He brought cookies and kleenex for the outing? Didn't know who I was when we got home.

He wanted to go to old stomping grounds and see familiar faces from 30 years ago. His one moment of clarity.

I wonder if there were any once-familiar places that she would try to find? Has she always lived in that area?

Thanks. JG.

The strap looks intact, which is disheartening if she wore it cross-body.
Although I suppose she could have taken it off herself. To dump it out?

I just spent a week with my father, who has Alzheimer's, before he was placed in a care facility. Sigh...

My dad wanted to go find his friends one evening. Like let's bust out of here and go! I drove him all over KC and let him tell me where to go. BTW, all his friends are dead. He brought cookies and kleenex for the outing? Didn't know who I was when we got home.

He wanted to go to old stomping grounds and see familiar faces from 30 years ago. His one moment of clarity.

I wonder if there were any once-familiar places that she would try to find? Has she always lived in that area?

Watergirl, this is such a sweet story!

From the Missing Maria Jesus Llamas page, a news article:
http://www.wilsoncountynews.com/documents/preview.pdf

"Her family was contacted Dec. 6 by someone in Floresville, advising of a possible sighting. The caller said a woman matching Mrs. Llamas' description was seen at Big Dan's on the courthouse square Dec. 4, trying to sell a watch and other items, saying she needed the money to go home."

I think Floresville is over 30 miles away from the Poteet Flea Market, if I've got the right locations. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fle...935757b87223!2m2!1d-98.157729!2d29.134146!3e0 Maybe she caught a ride with someone? Selling watch, etc--- she may have Alzheimer's, but she's still very resourceful to sell things and make her way to a far-off location (if sighting is her)!

I am reminded of another recent case I've learned of here of a woman with early onset Alzheimer's in CA who wandered off from the LA County Museum of Art in Los Angeles this Oct. She's still missing. Nancy Paulikas is her name, and she's only 55! I hope both women are found.

I am so worried for Maria and her family. I check daily on any updates. I am hoping and praying she is found safe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thieves hamper search for Maria

thieves made off with the trailer storing all of the family’s search supplies.
Thankfully, the trailer was recovered less than 24 hours later. It was hidden behind a boarded up house in rural Atascosa County.

http://on.kens5.com/2iFP6ko

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...arch-missing-grandmother-maria-llamas-n714316

"She was gone instantly. It was instantly," Margie Llamas, Maria's oldest daughter, told Dateline. "That is all it took for our lives to change"...

Fast forward two months, and Maria's family is left with more questions than answers. Countless searches of the rugged terrain surrounding the flea market have been conducted. Searchers have hung thousands of fliers in and around San Antonio...

The only sighting family members were able to confirm was from a woman who had a flat tire on the highway outside the flea market that Sunday afternoon. She told Margie she believes she saw Maria. Maria was disoriented and confused, and told the woman that, "God was guiding her home." The woman attempted to tell a police officer nearby, but Maria soon walked out of sight...

Maria's family and those in the local community have not given up hope. Searches continue to be organized, and family members describe the support from those in the community as "overwhelming."

That is an excellent update. My dad also time travelled back so many years in his head, like he longed for the happier times in his life.

This is such a heartbreaking story. My heart goes out to this family.

Where are you, Maria?

e9b2e242abafde05bb10bd795ebc60d0.jpg

My dad, too. He started wandering and Mom finally had to put him in a veterans' home. He was so happy there, thinking he was back in the barracks with his B-17 crew in WWII. With Alzheimer's, it seems to be the oldest memories that stick the longest.

My dad, too. He started wandering and Mom finally had to put him in a veterans' home. He was so happy there, thinking he was back in the barracks with his B-17 crew in WWII. With Alzheimer's, it seems to be the oldest memories that stick the longest.

Thank you OkieGranny. My dad just went to a veterans home in Missouri over the holidays. I hope he can connect with the other vets like your dad did. He was in the Navy in the pacific in WWII.

Maria is a beautiful woman. I hope her family can find her soon.

Families still searching for multiple missing mothers in S.A. area
This weekend, many families in the San Antonio area spent Mother's Day without their mother.

What happened to them still remains a mystery and there's been very little to shed light on what led up to their disappearance.

Sadly, they're still active cases but with no new leads as with the case of 70-year-old Maria Llamas who disappeared nearly six months ago.

"Before my mother's disappearance, she didn't know who she was. In her mind, she was a young girl living with her parents," Margie Llamas, Maria’s daughter told KENS 5.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back