TX - Maria Santos Corona, 44, found decapitated, Lewisville, 26 April 2010

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by TCMom, Apr 26, 2010.

1. TCMom

TCMom New Member

2. Loading...

3. joeskidbeck

joeskidbeck Rest in Peace

Wow. just wow. It never ends, does it?

4. Melly53

Melly53 New Member

5. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

6. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

That's appalling. Poor woman. Poor kids. God grant them peace and healing.

7. camcneishg

camcneishg New Member

what is happening in this world???? This happened today in Jacksonville, Florida too...crazy stuff.......

8. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Someone else decapitated their wife?

Murdering your wife is one thing. Chopping her head off and leaving her in the street? Whoa!

They say that domestic violence escelates when the economy is bad. All violence for that matter I'd guess.

Please, Dear God don't let that have been one of that woman's kids who the cops were holding back. Poor, poor lady.

*****The poor woman decapitated in Florid? Her son was responsible. What?****

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/26/1598918/son-of-decapitated-woman-arrested.html

9. Disguiseduser0308

Disguiseduser0308 New Member

:( Dearest Lord, please save us from this. I'm not sure what's going on. But the human race obviously needs help.

RIP to these women. My goodness, I don't know what else to say.

10. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

LEWISVILLE (CBS 11 / TXA 21) ―
    Lewisville Police Dept.

Lewisville police are looking for a man suspected of decapitating his wife Monday morning.

Police released a picture of 49-year-old Jose Corona, seen at right. They are calling him a "suspect and a person of interest" in the death of his wife.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner says the victim was 44-year-old Maria Santos Corona. According to friends, the couple has six children.

A mail carrier discovered Maria Corona's body in the middle of the street in the 1000 block of Shadow Wood Lane in Lewisville and contacted police shortly after 11 a.m.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/lewisville.murder.decapitation.2.1657145.html

Note: I'm just copying this out of the article for future tracking purposes. Many times, by the time someone goes to trial, the links to articles no longer work. It's much easier for me to get sentencing data if I have the perp and victims names in the thread itself.

11. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

I don't even know what to say. I hope and pray that the police find this POS very very soon. This is incredibly disturbing.

12. Recovering-Lurker

Recovering-Lurker I'm Back and on My Best Behavior

13. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

just wow. each time I think "well, that's it, I've now seen the depth of depravity that exists in humanity"

I see yet a new low.

14. indallas2

indallas2 New Member

I saw this story on the Dallas Morning News late yesterday afternoon. What's weird is that I went yesterday morning around 9:00 am to return a movie to Blockbuster - I was literally TWO streets away from where this happened. :eek:

In one article I read that the mailman found her around 11:00am which makes me wonder exactly when this happened ........ it had to be after all the kids where in school or there would of been kids walking to bus stops or to school.

It just shook me up to know how close I was to this only a couple of hours before they found her body.

15. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Recovering Lurker - Here is an update on your case:

Alofa Time

Incarcerated: 1/2/2007
    Offense: 1st Degree Murder
    Sentence: LWOP

Offense: 2 Counts Vehicular Manslaughter Sentence: 15 years - each count
    Offense: Aggravated DUI Sentence: 15 years
    These offenses are to be served consecutively
    This guy is going absolutely nowhere!

16. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

TY Belinda for always keeping us aware of how sentencing turns out. I appreciate that you do that.

17. Velouria

Velouria Don't Drink the Pinellas Punch!

I can say with nearly 100% certainty that this psychopath was already in Mexico by the time this story hit the news outlets.
    And of course, if and when he IS located, he'll avoid the death penalty. :furious:
    Doubt he gave a second thought to what will become of his six children.

18. PassTheMotrin

PassTheMotrin New Member

I don't know what's gotten into people, but we had two shootings in a row in my town last week. Both men went after their former wives or girlfriends. To the best of my knowledge, it's the worse thing that's happened here since the Darlie case.

19. PassTheMotrin

PassTheMotrin New Member

20. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Egads, that's pretty darn gruesome. I will have to be sure to keep track of this one.

21. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Brutal chainsaw murder stuns quiet Texas neighborhood

Last Update: 11:26 am

snip

Maria Santos Corona's body was found in the street in front her home Monday afternoon. Investigators are searching for her husband, Jose Fernando Corona, who was last seen driving a brown Toyota Sequoia with Texas license plate number 247-DVH.

snip

Lakeland and Central elementary schools in Lewisville were voluntarily locked down while officers searched for the husband. Investigators said the body was mutilated in some way, though they haven't revealed specifics.

Chris Cortopassi found Maria Corona's body a few feet away from her driveway when she came home from a doctor's appointment.

snip

Police said Corona's six children are in a safe location while the investigation continues.

Article: http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...stuns-quiet-Texas/nrgCOVFPmEmME4M7TWyqlw.cspx

Video: http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=824089@woai.web.entriq.net&navCatId=5