Found Deceased TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

Is he serious?! How would he know the batteries died if he hasn't been in contact with her? :confused: And both of their batteries died within minutes of each other? And if the batteries died, shouldn't they have reached out to the "electronic monitoring people" instead of going on the run? Holy cow. :eek:

Married lesbian couple charged with murder of Seattle woman are on the run | Daily Mail Online
Dykes’ attorney, Heath Harris, told Fox News Digital that the batteries in his client's ankle monitor died and he has not been in communication with her.

'I just hope that nothing's happened to them, you know? I hope that they're safe,' Harris told the outlet. 'I hope that they can explain to the judge why they haven't stayed in contact with the electronic monitoring people. And when the time comes for us to go to trial, they'll be able to tell the story as far as that is concerned.'

Last edited:
JAN 5, 2022
Marisela Botello case: Couple charged with murder flee while out on bond
... On Christmas morning, court documents reveal each of their GPS ankle monitors were disabled within four minutes of each other.

The last known location was a South Good Latimer Expressway intersection in Dallas.

Electronic monitoring officers called, texted, and emailed the women, but they never responded, according to documents.

Botello-Valadez's aunt, Dennesly Castillo, told WFAA she's furious.

"It's definitely not been easy--that's for sure," Castillo said. "It's completely frustrating--we were expecting this after they posted bond, and here we are now."

Castillo was unhappy that the two could achieve a release in the first place. The bond was posted by an attorney in Frisco, not a bail bondsman.

"They got to spend the holidays together, I assume, in the comfort of their house instead of being locked away," Castillo said. "We don't have that option. We don't have the option to ever be able to sit there with Marisela again and celebrate or be out and about."

Marisela Botello-Valadez case: Suspects skip bond in Texas | wfaa.com

I think we all knew these two would pull something like this :mad:

This is unbelievable! As a tax paying Texas resident I am highly disappointed that these two defendants have been allowed back into the community. (Though most likely they are long gone from Dallas and now in another state where they will hurt someone else.)

Texas WANTED posters for these 2
Fugitives (AGAIN)
See posters
Justice for Marisela✝️♀️

Attachments

• 104BE4A8-32E4-47C0-9D93-2621F12DDA26.jpeg
    104BE4A8-32E4-47C0-9D93-2621F12DDA26.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 062FE3A0-EFED-4414-9DF4-690161177F2E.jpeg
    062FE3A0-EFED-4414-9DF4-690161177F2E.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 50
Noting:
Nina Marano, 50, and her wife, Lisa Dykes, 58, were free on their $500,000 bonds....
The bond was posted by an attorney in Frisco, not a bail bondsman.

Wow, that is strange. Frisco is a very upper income and tony DFW exburb with a focus on sports entertainment and plenty of Software / Info technology companies.

Though I am sure wealthy attorneys can be found there, my bet is that most are pretty corporate oriented and not prone to know homicide suspects- in any capacity.

Yet.....

A Frisco attorney posts a 1 million dollar bond for two homicide suspects with a previous history of flight? What kind of connections do these two have? And if they have unusual connections, how did they develop them, and where do they lead to?

Wow, that is strange. Frisco is a very upper income and tony DFW exburb with a focus on sports entertainment and plenty of Software / Info technology companies.
Though I am sure wealthy attorneys can be found there, my bet is that most are pretty corporate oriented and not prone to know homicide suspects- in any capacity.
Yet.....
A Frisco attorney posts a 1 million dollar bond for two homicide suspects with a previous history of flight? What kind of connections do these two have? And if they have unusual connections, how did they develop them, and where do they lead to?
My question as well. Thinking these two have left the country, Mexico maybe? Could they board a flight? I know next to nothing about producing false documents, but I'm sure both of them know quite a bit.

I'm confident they will eventually be caught, just a matter of time. But the thought of suicide by cop - pops into my mind with these two, thoughts on that?

Nina always wanted to be famous!
My dad said she wanted her name in bright lights that’s why she named their Provo Utah pizzeria:
Nina’s Original NY Pizzeria & Juice Bar

We needed a crystal ball…

Feel like we all have been fooled

My question as well. Thinking these two have left the country, Mexico maybe? Could they board a flight?

You cant board flights to the interior of Mexico with out a passport and a visa. Both Mexican and say, US airlines are strict about this as the Mexican government bills the air line for any passenger rejected for not having proper visas. The US government does the same.

Likewise, in theory one cannot drive more than say 50 miles into Mexico with out a visa and passport (miltiary / police check points on all major roads). But.... when I used to travel to Mexico, that law was sporadically enforced. Sometimes the check points were there, other times not. Or... check point was manned, but soldiers were only checking trucks etc.

In general, Mexico can be a scary and lonely place for non Mexicans fugitives- even if they are culturally Hispanic to what ever degree. This is especially so for those who do not speak Spanish and lack cash. In the end, Mexico is surprisingly expensive if one is:
A. Accustomed to US level creature comforts -and-
B. Wants to be safe.

Not being safe can lead to being victimized by Mexican street criminals- a certain number of whom look for foreign fugitives to extort 'n exploit. In short, my bet is that they will head to Florida over Mexico.

Last edited:
I don't feel they would remain in the US, they bamboozled an attorney to provide a million dollar bond. I think they could arrange to get themselves out of the country with help too.

Thursday, January 13th:
*Announcement Hearing (@ 9am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX) - *Charles Antony Beltrán (31/now 32) arrest warrant out (3/25/21) for capital murder. Arrested (in West Jordan, UT on 4/1/21) & extradited (4/22/21 to Dallas County), charged (4/22/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with capital murder. $500K bond.
Case & Court info from 4/2/21 to 9/16/21 reference post #429 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

9/30/21 Update: Announcement hearing rescheduled to 10/14/21. 10/14/21 Update: Announcement hearing rescheduled on 10/28/21. 10/28/21 Update: Next “other” hearing on 11/10/21. 11/10/21 Update: Other hearing rescheduled on 11/16/21. 11/16/21 Update: Next announcement hearing on 1/13/22.
*Nina Tamar Marano (49/now 50) – Announcement hearing for both charges on 12/29/21. 12/24/21: Cut GPS monitor off & on the run.
*Lisa Jo Ahmed Dykes (57/now 58) – Announcement hearing for both charges on 12/29/21. 12/24/21: Cut GPS monitor off & on the run.

Given the choice between running and possibly getting caught and charged with more crimes, or certainly going to prison for murder, (probably life in prison,) why wouldn’t they run? What was the basis of giving them bail?

Given the choice between running and possibly getting caught and charged with more crimes, or certainly going to prison for murder, (probably life in prison,) why wouldn’t they run? What was the basis of giving them bail?

i feel like their ties to the legal community somehow helped them & then you have the lawyer guy putting up his 1 million K home‍♀️. Why!!!!! They have to get caught unless there’s some “underground” dirtbag protection group? SMH
Texas is overloaded & backlogged for trials… I was getting pretty miffed every month a
Pass, pass, pass
Just how many Passes do you get before you Run?? And they did
Animals will be Animals

looks like Beltran's announcement hearing was rescheduled....

Beltran:

B060
SET FOR DATE 011322 SET FOR TIME 0900 SET TYPE ANNO PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS ATTYNOTPRESENT________
STATES RECOMMENDATION __________________ KIOSK ___ REC NO 01 _

B060
SET FOR DATE 012722 SET FOR TIME 0900 SET TYPE ANNO PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS ______________________
STATES RECOMMENDATION __________________ KIOSK ___ REC NO 01 _

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=03

According to court documents, Marano and Dykes “have shown a pattern of avoidance” regarding the case of Valadez. While the investigation was going on, they left the state and were found in Florida. Now, while on bond, they are both missing once again. Charles Beltran remains in jail.
upload_2022-1-15_15-49-22.jpeg
The married couple bailed out of jail in May of 2021. This past Christmas morning, within only four minutes of each other, both of their ankle monitors became disabled. The company of the monitors tried reaching out to them and received no response.

Dennesly Castillo, the victim’s aunt, stated, “Until we have them back in custody and they are finally given a sentence, I don’t think there’s going to be any closure for us.”
Married Couple out on Bail after Alleged Murder Now on the Run

Suspects in Seattle Woman’s Death Skip Bond. According to court documents, Nina Marano and her wife, Lisa Dykes, cut their GPS trackers on Christmas and fled. They each had a bond of half a million dollars, charged with fatally stabbing 23-year-old Marisela Botello-Valadez in October after she was abducted leaving a Deep Ellum nightclub. The two were arrested in Florida and were on house arrest after bailing out. Dallas County wasn’t notified until January 4 that the two had skipped town.
FrontBurner Archives - Page 3 of 3473 - D Magazine

A Judge with very poor decision making skills! Hope that Attorney who posted his home as collateral loses it, I mean really - shady is as shady does ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back