Found Deceased TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

Where Is Marisela Botello? Texas Cops Seek Person of Interest in Disappearance of 23-Year-Old Seattle Woman

1 Month After Marisela Botello Last Seen In Deep Ellum, Detectives Change Status To 'Endangered Missing'

A “want to locate” is when a family member wants to find someone they were unsuccessful with contacting, so they file a want to locate report with the police. “Endangered missing,” means law enforcement suspects the missing person is endangered or the victim of criminal activity.

Where Is Marisela Botello? Texas Cops Seek Person of Interest in Disappearance of 23-Year-Old Seattle Woman

1 Month After Marisela Botello Last Seen In Deep Ellum, Detectives Change Status To 'Endangered Missing'

A “want to locate” is when a family member wants to find someone they were unsuccessful with contacting, so they file a want to locate report with the police. “Endangered missing,” means law enforcement suspects the missing person is endangered or the victim of criminal activity.
From the first link:
Her ex-boyfriend still has her belongings. Police said she hasn’t used her cellphone or credit cards that might pinpoint her location.

marissa-bortello.jpg

Is the area she was last seen in a well known place, popular spot to hang out? I’m just wondering why she chose that place to go hang out at (as a visitor to the city)? Was it somewhere her & her ex boyfriend went earlier during her trip? Could she have possibly met someone earlier & decided she wanted to see them again before leaving to fly home?

Castillo said she was able to get into her niece's T-Mobile account and determine that Botello used her phone at 4 a.m.

“And from there she just never came back,” Castillo said. “And that’s around the same time also that we saw the last cell phone activity, last time her debit card was ever used.”

Has it been shared where her debit card was used last at?

I wish I could share in their optimism. She missed a flight, hasn't been seen or heard from, her belongings are at her ex's house, no phone or banking activity...

Always, LE knows more than us but still... :(

Some snippets from the article:

[...]

Lt. Eric Roman said he believes Botello is alive, and he pleaded with the public to call in any information that may help police find her.

[...]

Police said last week they were looking for a person of interest, Charles Beltran, in connection with Botello’s disappearance. Beltran is not considered a suspect, but police want to speak with him because he was the last person seen with Botello, Roman said.

[...]

"Lt. Eric Roman said he believes Botello is alive, and he pleaded with the public to call in any information that may help police find her."
Really wish I knew what leads them to believe that

Let me ask a couple questions to clear up my thoughts..

Are the Ex and Beltran different people?

Was she staying at Ex's home? Ex has her personal property?

Is Beltran missing or in hiding? Does he have family looking for him? (shutting down SM would lead more to being in hiding yet IG is up, I don't have any other SM links)

Is the residence she was staying at public info?

Thanks

Let me ask a couple questions to clear up my thoughts..

Are the Ex and Beltran different people?

Was she staying at Ex's home? Ex has her personal property?

Is Beltran missing or in hiding? Does he have family looking for him? (shutting down SM would lead more to being in hiding yet IG is up, I don't have any other SM links)

Is the residence she was staying at public info?

Thanks
This article has a lot of information.
Marisela Botello Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

***MISSING*** The Dallas Police Department is requesting the public’s assistance in locating a missing Seattle, WA woman. Marisela Botello was last seen late night on October, 4, 2020 to early morning Oct. 5 at 2824 Elm Street, Dallas, TX. She was dropped off in Deep Ellum by a Lyft alone on the night of Sunday October 4th and was last seen on October 5 at 1 am through surveillance video leaving the bar Select Start wearing a purple dress. Botella's family said she flew to Dallas from Seattle to visit her ex-boyfriend. Botello's belongings were found at her ex-boyfriend’s house. She has not used her cellphone or credit cards that might pinpoint her location. According to the family, they said surveillance cameras captured Botello with an unknown man. If you have any information, please contact the Dallas Police Department's missing person’s unit at 214-671-4268 or email missingpersons@dpd.dallascityhall.comCase # 177834-2020
#MariselaBotello #missing #Dallas #Texas #Seattle #Washington #TheAWAREFondation FOX 4 News CBS DFW NBC DFW WFAA The Dallas Morning News Fort Worth Star-Telegram Q13 FOX KING 5 KIRO 7 News KOMO News Dallas Police Department Leigh Egan at Crime Online Dateline NBC

Local Dallasite - I can’t imagine many people going out that late in Deep Ellum on a Sunday night during a pandemic. My guess is she met the POI on Tinder or something and that was the decided meeting place. I can’t imagine choosing to go there alone on a Sunday at midnight. It’s definitely still a sketchy area to be by yourself that late as a woman.

Local Dallasite - I can’t imagine many people going out that late in Deep Ellum on a Sunday night during a pandemic. My guess is she met the POI on Tinder or something and that was the decided meeting place. I can’t imagine choosing to go there alone on a Sunday at midnight. It’s definitely still a sketchy area to be by yourself that late as a woman.
Surely the ex-boyfriend would know that, did he try to discourage her from going?

The Dallas Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Charles Beltran. Mr. Beltran was last known to be driving a Black 2014 Audi A6 with Texas license plate MJG3114 in the…

dpdbeat.com
Help Locate Person Of Interest

I have the same question- is Beltran the ex-boyfriend? The article says Beltran moved, but that Marisela's things are at his house? If true, I think we know what the ending is going to be in this case, MOO.

Just saw this:

Missing Seattle Woman, 23, Hasn't Been Seen Since Leaving Tx. Bar After Night Out 3 Weeks Ago
Marisela Botello vanished Oct. 4, on the last night of a weekend trip to see her ex-boyfriend in Dallas
By Chris Harris
October 29, 2020 10:19 AM
Police continue to search for a missing Seattle woman who vanished during what was supposed to be a weekend trip to Texas to see her ex-boyfriend.

PEOPLE confirms Marisela Botello, 23, has not been seen since Oct. 4, the final night of her trip to Dallas. She was scheduled to fly back to Seattle on Oct. 5.
According to police, on the night she vanished, Botello took a Lyft to Deep Ellum, a popular nightclub in Dallas.
Botello went out by herself that evening, after her ex-boyfriend apparently insisted on staying home.
Relatives have spoken to media outlets, saying security footage shows her leaving the Select Start bar at around 1 a.m. with an unknown man.
[...]
Police confirm her ex still has her belongings.
Her cellphone and credit cards have not been used since that night, they confirm.
Family members say she was an avid traveler. When she missed her flight home to Seattle, they started to worry.

Source:
Missing Seattle Woman, 23, Hasn't Been Seen Since Leaving Tx. Bar After Night Out 3 Weeks Ago
Surely the ex-boyfriend would know that, did he try to discourage her from going?

The Dallas Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Charles Beltran. Mr. Beltran was last known to be driving a Black 2014 Audi A6 with Texas license plate MJG3114 in the…

dpdbeat.com
Help Locate Person Of Interest

I have the same question- is Beltran the ex-boyfriend? The article says Beltran moved, but that Marisela's things are at his house? If true, I think we know what the ending is going to be in this case, MOO.

I assume not, wouldn't the relatives have recognized him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back