TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI guys from Australia.....this has been on our news all morning as well.......I am sure I speak for MOST australians when I say how awful this is....truly is......but what is going on in this world??????

and I know you say not to jump to conclusions but come on.......... a name like that, converted to Islam, took out 11 AMERICAN soldiers before he was to be deployed to Iraq..........no this is as obvious as the nose on your face........the big boys have got hold of him and have converted him to their cause.......what better way to get America......but to turn an american trained soldier to kill american soldiers before they go to Iraq where they are more than likely going to be killing these terrorists....

sorry if I offend anyone but we also have just had case here where 3 guys (islamic) were found at a military base and the plan was to take out as many soldiers as possible before they went to Iraq.......lucky they were caught JUST beforehand.....

bout to get a TO about the pres... let me just say that what he has to say right now has no bearing on the current situation... (imhoo)

thought... they have a total of 20 patients now at the off post hospital... imhoo I think these are the most critical as usually on base hospitals are not trauma centers (they will turf off traumas if they come in normally to hospitals with trauma centers)... this would most likely mean that 20 of the 31 are critical.

this is just round about nurse thinking.....

The two additional possible suspects have been released. LE is still looking for a second gunman. This was from FOX.

fran

Just heard on Fox,the 2 suspects have been released,but they are looking for someone else. That explains why they are still on lockdown.

He congratulated a Native American who had won the Medal of Honor. I believe he also thanked Interior Secretary Salazar for holding the conference the President was addressing. This was seen in some quarters as "a shoutout," evidently because of the non-Anglo names involved.

REALLY? This is what people are upset about? GMAB!!!

Guess it proves to us once again that racism is alive and kicking in the good old USA.

KWTX live report presser on now

ETA prelimimary interview PR from Ft Hood

presser is scheduled for 5:30

This "soldier" opened fire on other soldiers while they were processing for deployment to Iraq. This soldier was also processing to deploy to Iraq. This may not be the right thing to say but to me this qualifies as a terrorist attack on our troops in uniform.

When I was listening to Shep Smith on Fox, he had reported that shooter was born in Virginia and was a recent convert to Islam.
He also had a military caller who stated that other military installations would also go on lock down in case this was a major attack. (Probably like 9/11?)
Has anyone heard this on other news outlets?

I don't think we should jump to conclusions and make assumptions based on someone's name or religion. That's not fair to some posters here who may be of the same religion.

I don't think it has as much to do with his name and/or possible religion as it does with the fact that we have 3 supposedly Army soldiers here who conspired to shoot up the Processing Center at the largest Army Base in the US (or world for that matter). If it was one solider - PTSS would probably be the more prevalent (sp?) motive. However there were 3 of them allegedly. If there were 3 of them - I'm calling it a terrorist attack. I dont' believe 3 individuals with PTSS, one being from the pysch ward, would get together and shoot up the base. Just my opinion.

Salem

Just heard on Fox,the 2 suspects have been released,but they are looking for someone else. That explains why they are still on lockdown.
is the named dude dead??? does anyone know? (hassan iirc... sorry still trying to get a hold of my dear friend and type at the same time!~)

HI guys from Australia.....this has been on our news all morning as well.......I am sure I speak for MOST australians when I say how awful this is....truly is......but what is going on in this world??????

and I know you say not to jump to conclusions but come on.......... a name like that, converted to Islam, took out 11 AMERICAN soldiers before he was to be deployed to Iraq..........no this is as obvious as the nose on your face........the big boys have got hold of him and have converted him to their cause.......what better way to get America......but to turn an american trained soldier to kill american soldiers before they go to Iraq where they are more than likely going to be killing these terrorists....

sorry if I offend anyone but we also have just had case here where 3 guys (islamic) were found at a military base and the plan was to take out as many soldiers as possible before they went to Iraq.......lucky they were caught JUST beforehand.....

Hmmmm,......................that's interesting revampz. I'll have to keep that in mind as a possibility.

Thanks,
fran

I don't think it has as much to do with his name and/or possible religion as it does with the fact that we have 3 supposedly Army soldiers here who conspired to shoot up the Processing Center at the largest Army Base in the US (or world for that matter). It if was one solider - PTSS would probably be the more prevalent (sp?) motive. However there were 3 of them allegedly. If there were 3 of them - I'm calling it a terrorist attack. I dont' believe 3 individuals with PTSS, one being from the pysch ward, would get together and shoot up the base. Just my opinion.

Salem
They are not sure now about the shooters... except for H. the other two were released and they are looking for number two.. (skeeery!)

I agree that more than one indicates a plot... for which we do not know the motive yet

Wow! I haven't heard about that, do you per chance have link(s) on this. This makes me wonder if there wasn't some kind of conspiracy or something.

Children in school on Ft Hood are still not allowed to leave because of lockdown

this handling center was filled with BOTH soldiers getting ready to deploy AND soldiers returning to american soil on their way to their families. awful. tragic.

This "soldier" opened fire on other soldiers while they were processing for deployment to Iraq. This soldier was also processing to deploy to Iraq. This may not be the right thing to say but to me this qualifies as a terrorist attack on our troops in uniform.

Sad....this war has to end now! bad enough when they go overseas to fight but when it happens at home by one of their own...something is very, very wrong. :praying: for all military and loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77