GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

I think all we can do now is pray for her family and loved ones and hope that they have answers soon. And god bless Plano PD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any news on how the safety seminar in her apartment building went last night? Anyone end up going?

I figure most females would be scared to go incase the killer attends and picks out his new victim at it(like the original nightstalker who found his at the meeting) because I find the chances the killer didn't go or at least walk by(especially if he lives there) pretty good and especially since so many insert themselves into cases. He could be someone who helped put the event on or donate some food or drinks if they had any. Or came up with the idea. Maybe even seemed overly emotional or unemotional or nervous or too calm for someone at an event at a place where a girl was murdered lived. Then again I'm too calm all the time and I'm not a serial killer or killer.

Even if he didn't help with the event I just can see him watching it maybe in a walk by of it. I could be wrong but it's just a gut feeling that this guy is one of those types. I mean he's arrogant to kill her in The preserve or parking lot or by her apartment and then take the body through toll booths so it isn't a huge stretch to think he would do that. He could have left her body where he killed her after all.

Also how weird that they say that because crime stoppers or whatever it was seems to think foul play happened and like everyone keeps saying she couldn't likely get there without showing up in the toll booth via getting a ride and her car wasn't driven. And I feel they'd say the toll thing if they found footage of it. Maybe they're trying to stop people from panicking when they should he warning them but don't want to ruin their towns image

I fb messaged Plano PD about why there is not more media attention. They told me that there was no evidence of a crime and they do not believe there is any threat to the community at this time. I think they are still waiting for a definitive cause of death before they make assumptions. Not sure what to think of it. But I love Plano, and I know from personal experience that Plano PD are some of the best in the country. I have faith that they will get to the bottom of it.

b6a56cb1d2528277d660958b43ebb600.png

The seminar was only for residents. They weren't allowing anyone else in.

That's probably safest if it is a killer then if they don't live there they don't want them deciding to come. Was it mandatory? If she killed herself or had an accident I don't think they'd do the seminar at all. They'd maybe give some suicide prevention type thing out like a handout or posters but the only reason I see them doing the seminar is if there is danger for them and they're hoping one has some info they can help the cops

No evidence that she was taken from the park. No one must have seen her in the nature preserve the evening she disappeared.

I suppose the family member could have been confused about where Megan was walking or Megan falsely told her family member she was at the nature preserve instead of Lake Ray Hubbard.

I think the police didn't list her shorts in her clothing description because she had on some very common exercise shorts (black ones). The police wouldn't want thousands of people calling them because they had witnessed a woman wearing black shorts.

Leaving the lights on and the window shades up was a sign to let her neighbors know something was wrong. The neighbors would eventually tell the property manager something was wrong at her apartment. The property manager would enter her apartment and rescue the cats that she loved.

No evidence that she was taken from the park. No one must have seen her in the nature preserve the evening she disappeared.

I suppose the family member could have been confused about where Megan was walking or Megan falsely told her family member she was at the nature preserve instead of Lake Ray Hubbard.

Even so, how did she get to Ray Hubbard? She couldn't have walked, ridden a bike, or taken public transportation. With her car not where she was found, someone else had to have taken her there. I have faith in Plano LE, but I wish they would tell the public something...anything. Even if it's just "don't worry."

The early police reports said they established she did make the calls from the nature preserve. They probably pulled her cell records and it pinged there at that time.

I fb messaged Plano PD about why there is not more media attention. They told me that there was no evidence of a crime and they do not believe there is any threat to the community at this time. I think they are still waiting for a definitive cause of death before they make assumptions. Not sure what to think of it. But I love Plano, and I know from personal experience that Plano PD are some of the best in the country. I have faith that they will get to the bottom of it.

b6a56cb1d2528277d660958b43ebb600.png

The seminar was only for residents. They weren't allowing anyone else in.

Thank you so much for this. It's so odd to me! Plano PD's message makes it sound like it may have been self-harm but then Crimestoppers puts out a reward. Very odd.

To take public transportation in her area to Ray Hubbard, is over a 3 hour route. And nothing leaves from close to her complex. She would still have to get to the station somehow. The route involves lots of transfers and such.

It's not that some sort of transportation in the area doesn't exist, it's just that there is no reasonable explanation for her taking public transportation. Right where she is...there is no plausible reason for her to attempt public transportation. Especially when she has car.

One reasonable but sad plausible reason for taking public transportation would be if she wanted to make it easy for her mom to find all her belongings. All her belongings were left at her home (her keys, her cats, her wallet, her car).

I can't imagine a realistic way for her to take public transportation. She'd have to walk quite a distance and know by memory exactly where she's walking, and in the dark, for miles to get to a bus stop. Then, she'd have to memorize all the bus routes to LRH. It's not a straight shot. If she wanted to die in a lake, why not Lake Lewisville, which is so much closer?

Thank you so much for this. It's so odd to me! Plano PD's message makes it sound like it may have been self-harm but then Crimestoppers puts out a reward. Very odd.

Or, perhaps, they think it's someone she knew? She seems drama-free and quite the intellectual, so I wonder If it's someone from work or prior job.

Or, perhaps, they think it's someone she knew? She seems drama-free and quite the intellectual, so I wonder If it's someone from work or prior job.

Good point. Her cat twitter account was so cute - she seemed like such a sweet and adventurous person. Her FB is full of travel picts from all over the world. I can't imagine someone wanting to hurt her [emoji853]

There is a " park and ride " bus station a few miles from the preserve . However it runs south along the tollway not east towards the lake .
fc0b399934370ef25ef22acb7922ca61.jpg

You would have to ride downtown Dallas then back north east towards Garland . And the stops And miles walking would take longer then 7Am when she was recovered imo.

The guy who was arrested for killing the woman in Ft. Worth is supposedly from Plano. Interesting.

I lived in Dallas for a long time and I can tell you that while it might be theoretically possible to get to Lake Ray Hubbard by public transportation from Plano, the logistics make it a pretty difficult thing to do. Especially on a Friday night. I just can't see it IMO.

Is anyone leaning towards self harm? For some reason I'm beginning to suspect it. BUT, the question remains, how did she get there? So that throws me back to foul play.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back