GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

Also, it was a Friday night. It doesn't seem likely that anyone would cycle from Arbor Hills to LRH without being hit by vehicles traveling at high speeds because they would have to cross several tollways/highways. I haven't heard that she has a bike, but only that she walks/hikes,

Yeah I agree. That wouldn't be a scenic trip either. Like I said earlier, why wouldn't she got to lake Lewisville up the street? There's no way she would have made it to Rockwall on a Friday night in DFW by bike. That's just asking to get run over. I can't see someone who enjoys nature and travel enjoying a bike ride through Richardson, or anywhere near Highway 75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what they meant by shore then. Not really shores in arbor hills. There's a pond but you can't really walk along it. Hm. I wish they would just release more info!

And hi!

I think she was seen along the shoreline at the lake by the person who reportedly pulled her body out. Reports said the body was floating and it must have been close to or along the shore for someone to pull her out instead of calling it in. Perhaps they may have not known she was deceased but possibly downing?

I think she was seen along the shoreline at the lake by the person who reportedly pulled her body out. Reports said the body was floating and it must have been close to or along the shore for someone to pull her out instead of calling it in. Perhaps they may have not known she was deceased but possibly downing?

Where did you hear that? How interesting. Poor thing. :(

It seems odd to me that a family member was chatting with her by phone as she walked through the nature preserve Friday night and then reportedly the phone went dead. She was reported missing on Tues after no one heard from her and I assume could not reach her. It seems unusual that they would wait that long before becoming alarmed since the phone lost contact.

I wonder if there was anything in the conversation that was unusual in any way or anything about her emotional tone that made the relative not be overly concerned at not hearing back from her.

It seems odd to me that a family member was chatting with her by phone as she walked through the nature preserve Friday night and then reportedly the phone went dead. She was reported missing on Tues after no one heard from her and I assume could not reach her. It seems unusual that they would wait that long before becoming alarmed since the phone lost contact.

I wonder if there was anything in the conversation that was unusual in any way or anything about her emotional tone that made the relative not be overly concerned at not hearing back from her.

Well she lived alone, and she was single. I don't find it THAT odd that they waited till Tuesday. It probably took more than one person to become concerned before they reported it. I ignore calls from my mom all the time. But if I ignored my mom and my sister for more than 2 days, they'd start to worry.

Where did you hear that? How interesting. Poor thing. :(

Several articles have reported that she was pulled out of the water by a passerby. I am assuming she must have been found close to shore since there is no mention of a boat or a person going into the water to retrieve her.

Well she lived alone, and she was single. I don't find it THAT odd that they waited till Tuesday. It probably took more than one person to become concerned before they reported it. I ignore calls from my mom all the time. But if I ignored my mom and my sister for more than 2 days, they'd start to worry.

True. I guess I am thinking about how I am with my adult children around her age. We talk or text several times a day and when we have lost a phone signal I am calling them back until I get hold of them. They are the same with me.

But I do have an older bachelor brother who I can go long periods of time without hearing from.It worries me that something could happen to him and I wouldn't know for days but he is just happily independent and a big communicator, whether it is by text,calls or emails.
Coincidentally, he is also an engineer.

So it very well could just be that they were accustomed to her not being in constant contact.

I am trying to imagine a scenario where she would have left the preserve or her apartment Friday night and go to Lake Hubbard dressed in biking/sporting clothes.

Looking at info about the lake it sounds like it is a large area with trails and bike paths. I was wondering if anyone local could shed more light on the lake area, if it is a place where an outdoor enthusiast that appears to enjoy tranquil hikes would go on a Friday night. Is it a place where a person might go seeking solitude or is it brimming with activity? Is it closed after hours?

Since the body was reported being found Saturday morning close to the shoreline I am assuming she had to have gone there Friday night after the 8:30 PM cell phone contact.

That would not explain how she got there, since her car was at her apartment. Where I live it is not unusual for bikers to take their bike on the city bus.

However, it does not sound to me like she would have taken off on a Friday night just for a bike ride to a lake some distance away without her vehicle unless she didn't want to be discovered.

I think the confusing WBAP article was just bad reporting. I've seen nothing reported anywhere else, in the media or police FB pages indicating MG was ever seen alive at LRH.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen her family in the media but maybe they aren't from here? Maybe they didn't raise the alarm because they're not local and they were assuming for a couple of days that she was just busy and they would hear from her.

This is sad and strange.
What happened to you, Megan?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I am trying to imagine a scenario where she would have left the preserve or her apartment Friday night and go to Lake Hubbard dressed in biking/sporting clothes.

Looking at info about the lake it sounds like it is a large area with trails and bike paths. I was wondering if anyone local could shed more light on the lake area, if it is a place where an outdoor enthusiast that appears to enjoy tranquil hikes would go on a Friday night. Is it a place where a person might go seeking solitude or is it brimming with activity? Is it closed after hours?

Since the body was reported being found Saturday morning close to the shoreline I am assuming she had to have gone there Friday night after the 8:30 PM cell phone contact.

That would not explain how she got there, since her car was at her apartment. Where I live it is not unusual for bikers to take their bike on the city bus.

However, it does not sound to me like she would have taken off on a Friday night just for a bike ride to a lake some distance away without her vehicle unless she didn't want to be discovered.

From Plano to Rockwall is like a 45 minute drive on the toll road. And north DFW doesn't really have a good bus system. Someone would have to drive her. That's not a feasible walk or bike ride. And as for the lake, I think they found her near the highway. Not a lot of trails over there as far as I know. And that's a long way to drive for a walk when there's another lake up the street from Plano.

Oh my gosh! I live in Plano, walk arbor hills almost every other day, and had not heard one peep about this. How awful.

A local shared a lot about the area a page or two back. It was helpful for me, not being familiar with the area.

A local shared a lot about the area a page or two back. It was helpful for me, not being familiar with the area.

Yes, I had read that and it was very helpful, especially in getting a good picture in my mind regarding the AHNP. I was still trying to get an understanding of the layout of LRH area where she was discovered, just trying to seek if there was a rational reason she might have ventured there Friday night. Getting the local input is greatly appreciated.

IMO it does not sound like she planned to go anywhere but a short hike in Arbor Hills right by home. Her lights in the apt were left on, the blinds open, her car and purse left behind. I don't think she ever returned to her apt that night.

She seems like the kind of person who loved the outdoors and her cat and living a quiet and gentle life. I'm heartbroken for her friends and loved ones.

I can't picture any sinario to go for a quick walk at arbor hills Then decide to catch an uber at night to ray Hubbard . Frankly Hubbard isn't very nice and I never go even in daylight .
Even if she ran into an old friend on the trail . Hey let's go to Hubbard ? Um no thanks . I'd a least think she would return home for purse money ect ..

^I agree about LRH not being nice at least for hiking. I think it's mostly a fishing/boating lake.

Perhaps she came upon someone in the parking lot of her apt complex? They asked for help and took her? Since it was already dark, no one saw? And, her cell phone cutting off at AH could have been that it just had a dead battery, although you'd think she'd mention that to the relative she was speaking to.

Yes, I had read that and it was very helpful, especially in getting a good picture in my mind regarding the AHNP. I was still trying to get an understanding of the layout of LRH area where she was discovered, just trying to seek if there was a rational reason she might have ventured there Friday night. Getting the local input is greatly appreciated.

IMO it does not sound like she planned to go anywhere but a short hike in Arbor Hills right by home. Her lights in the apt were left on, the blinds open, her car and purse left behind. I don't think she ever returned to her apt that night.

She seems like the kind of person who loved the outdoors and her cat and living a quiet and gentle life. I'm heartbroken for her friends and loved ones.
What's your source for the information​ about her lights, JMO? I haven't seen that news story.

I appreciate muhgood's local perspective. I looked at the satellite view. AHNP seems like a large wooded park. I feel like there must be areas that can be unseen. Those trees have to cast plenty of shadows after dark.

Poor Megan. Her poor family.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It's been almost 30 years since I was over that way. My grandparents had a lake house on Lake Tawakoni and we always drove over Lake Ray Hubbard on I30. Don't know where she was found but if it was off I30 thenthere isn't much around there. However I've learned there's a Bass pro shop over there but still I don't think she could have gone from Plano to LRH on her own. No way. Someone took her there. Moo

^I agree about LRH not being nice at least for hiking. I think it's mostly a fishing/boating lake.

Perhaps she came upon someone in the parking lot of her apt complex? They asked for help and took her? Since it was already dark, no one saw? And, her cell phone cutting off at AH could have been that it just had a dead battery, although you'd think she'd mention that to the relative she was speaking to.

I don't think anything happened to her when she was in the park. She was probably walking home at the time. Not much to see in the dark at 8:30. Her phone went dead right as the sun was going down. If someone had hit her, they would have to drag her to a car in the preserve parking lot where the cameras could see the vehicle exit. I think it's more likely that she was on her way home near one of the many holes in the fence, or in her apartment complex. Because you can't just drag a body out of there without someone seeing. It wasn't pitch black yet. And there was no evidence of a struggle in the park. So where ever it was, it was secluded and near a vehicle. OR she knew her attacker and went willingly. That doesn't explain much about her phone dead though. Ugh I just wish they would release more info. My heart breaks for her family. I still carry my gun with me anytime I take the dog out! They haven't said what complex she lives in, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the same one I live in. I just hope we have answers soon! :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie