TX TX - Melissa Highsmith, 21 mos, Fort Worth, 23 Aug 1971

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by shadowangel, Jan 28, 2006.

1. laini

laini cemetery walker

Thanks itsreen!!! I have never seen the above site! I am excited to check it out.

2. itsreenw

itsreenw Well-Known Member

YW! Let me know what you think after you check it out. There are so many links on that one site that are related to MP and other topics that we deal with here.

There were links to suspect composites, victim tattooes, Doe clothes & jewelry, MP sites that I had never even heard of. I was on there for a few hours checking out all the different links.

I thought I started a thread a while back so when we come across an interesting site that would be a good resource, we could share with one another... When I searched for it yesterday I couldnt find the thread!! My memory aint what it used to be so maybe I didnt start a thread but had intentions to. :confused:

3. *02

*02 Former Member

Bumping, anyone heard anything new?

4. reb

reb Active Member

itsreenw,, hey thanks for those links! the second one is the exact thing i've been searching for, in a thread i opened over in the cold case section. i'm gonna borrow it & post it over there if you don't mind.

5. 2sisters

2sisters New Member

just bumping for Melissa and her mom. I was thinking about her mother this morning. She must feel awful over all of this and I cannot imagine her pain the past 35 years. My heart breaks for her.

6. scotch117

scotch117 New Member

7. mjak

mjak Active Member

The dates are close enough as are the other circumstances to warrent passing this tip on to the texas athorities. It should be proberly checked. Good find!!

mjak

8. scotch117

scotch117 New Member

Already ruled out by DNA last year

9. annemc2

annemc2 her name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis

It's good to know that DNA testing has already been done - kind of gives me hope that these cold cases are being seriously looked at by LE. Keep those eyes open, Scotch! Obviously you have a good eye for these things, as you're not the only one that thought this was a possible match.

10. mjak

mjak Active Member

Well it was a good possiblity.

mjak

11. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

Does anyone know if they ever looked at the mom's roomate? To make sure that the child was actually handed off to a sitter?

12. rpipergirl

rpipergirl proud owner Kidmissing

13. SherlockJr

SherlockJr New Member

I set up this MySpace page for Andrea. And yes, we waited 6 months for DNA results. It's been since last March that I've been helping Andrea find her birth family and still looking. Ironically the woman who raised Andrea looks exactly like the composite drawing of the woman who took Melissa. We have determined that Andrea is 2 years older than Melissa.

14. Gina_M

Gina_M New Member

Has anyone considered doing a MySpace page for Melissa?

15. Gina_M

Gina_M New Member

16. KarlK

KarlK New Member

So did I, I thought the composite looked like Les Nessman from WKRP dressed in drag.

17. Gina_M

Gina_M New Member

Through the MySpace page I set up for Melissa the other day, I was contacted by Jannel Rap, who does the G.I.N.A. webcast concert for missing people (http://www.411gina.org). They want to feature Melissa on their May 19 webcast for National Missing Children's Month. I wrote back to her and I'm waiting for a response.

18. itsreenw

Gina, that is awsome. Keep us posted.

19. itsreenw

I have always had an underlying feeling that the roommate should be questioned again. Not necessarily to make her a suspect, but I think she may have information that at the time, she didn't even realize was important.

20. Gina_M

Gina_M New Member

I heard back from Jannell - she would like to talk to Melissa's family prior to the webcast. I'm going to send her sister an email via WS - I see she has posted here before but hasn't in a while - hopefully I can get in touch with her via email. The webcast will be on May 19th.