TX TX - Mesquite, WhtMale 24-26, 39UMTX, hit by car, red guitar, moccasin boots, dog?, Jun'77

And here's a quick poster I made:

attachment.php

Attachments

• POSTER.jpg
    POSTER.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 197
Does anyone think this could be Robert Tippitt from KS? There is almost no information on him at all. His NamUs and Doe pages both state missing since 1980, but then both pages say he was last seen in 1977 or 1978. I feel terrible for this guy. The only thing is I don't see a mole on his face, however, he does have a face full of hair that may be hiding it, or, it's possible the photo was retouched by the studio. He's a very handsome guy.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19948/0
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4875dmks.html
Location Last Seen: Topeka, Shawnee County, KansasDate of Birth: Unknown

Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 yrs
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 70 inches
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 180 lbs
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Circumstances of DisappearanceRobert Tippit was last seen in 1977 or 1978.
attachment.php

Attachments

• RTcomparison.JPG
    RTcomparison.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 169
Does anyone think this could be Robert Tippitt from KS? There is almost no information on him at all. His NamUs and Doe pages both state missing since 1980, but then both pages say he was last seen in 1977 or 1978. I feel terrible for this guy. The only thing is I don't see a mole on his face, however, he does have a face full of hair that may be hiding it, or, it's possible the photo was retouched by the studio. He's a very handsome guy.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19948/0
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4875dmks.html
Location Last Seen: Topeka, Shawnee County, KansasDate of Birth: Unknown

Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 yrs
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 70 inches
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 180 lbs
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Circumstances of DisappearanceRobert Tippit was last seen in 1977 or 1978.
attachment.php
p

When they say last seen in '77/'78, but missing since '80, could that mean he went missing in '77, but there was some indication he was alive through '80? Maybe Social Security number being used, credit card, etc. just a thought. If that is what it means, then maybe he did die in '77/'78 and someon got ahold of his info or something.

He was a handsome guy. I agree that the mole could be hidden by hair. Height is off by 2" but that's no big deal--people round up on their driver's licenses, or it could have been wrong if taken by friend. I can turn it in in a couple days--my Internet connection will be pretty sporadic the next few days but since I've already contacted JD's investigators, I'd be happy to do it again.

Absolutely, when you get a chance to turn it in, please do. I wish we could call his family and ask them if he played guitar.

I can find absolutely nothing on Robert Tippit. I found two obits that may be his mother and sister, both obits listing Robert as deceased.

I found another Robert Tippit, younger with a different middle initial. I don't know whether he's related--I didn't find s connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a new flyer for him :) Hopefully it attached properly. HERE is the Imgur link in case it doesn't
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mesquite2.jpg
    Mesquite2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 192
Should be an easy match or rule out because they both have fingerprints available.
I didn't realize this UID doesn't have DNA available. It kind of bums me out.

The Lieutenant kindly responded once again, and emailed me a copy of the autopsy report as well as an image of his clothing, and answers to my questions!

"Is a photo of his guitar available? NO What brand was the guitar? UNK Was the guitar acoustic or electric? UNK Did it have a traceable serial number? UNK Was there a rough estimate of the cost of the guitar? NO
2) What were the victim's stomach contents? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT Did the victim's toxicology report show he had drugs in his system? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT 3) Are photos of his clothing available? BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO ONLY Were the brands of his clothing discovered? UNK
If so, were the origins of the clothing traced--and which areas and/or stores were they sold in? N/A
4) Would his enlarged heart be a noticeable medical condition that would be observed by a typical doctor? UNK Would his enlarged heart cause issues that could only be resolved through specific medical work? UNK Would he have likely been on medications for his heart condition, before his death? UNK
5) What condition were his hands in? UNK Were they smooth, calloused? FINGER PRINTS APPEAR TO BE SMOOTH Had he had access to fingernail and toenail clippers recently, or were his nails grown out? NAIL CLIPPER WAS IN HIS POCKET Did he have bug bites? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT"

I don't recall seeing a nail clipper mentioned on NamUs or Doe Net--though I very well may have just forgotten about it. Carrying nail clippers in your pocket seems like something one might to do stay clean while travelling, perhaps hitchhiking.
His fingerprints appeared to be smooth. Don't callouses appear on fingers for guitar players? Perhaps that could indicate he was a beginning player.

I read through the autopsy report, and it estimates his age to be 25 years. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the autopsy report here, but if I can I will.

I need to transfer the photo of the clothing from a .pdf to a .jpg, but once I figure that out, I will post it. It's only one photo and the clothing items as well as the contents of his pockets are spread out across a table/bench.

Was the clothing photo ever posted? Or am I tired and missed it? :(

From the PM photo I believe he is Hispanic. Of course black and white photos are the worst because there is no good detail on the hair color and skin tone. Would love to see the photos of his clothing.

Sent in to Dustin Driscoll and Michael Nance.

Thank you guys. I've been watching, looking and posting a long time but have never contacted any agencies. I have never had a feeling strong enough to feel like I should till now. Any advice on proper procedure would be helpful, or anyone from either area, or knowledge of anyone in said offices. Constructive criticism is always helpful. There are some definite differences in weight and location but the MP time of disappearance is approximate and the picture and sketch are so similar in the side parted hairstyle.

Thanks for your advice guys!

Great catch with this one.. a lot of similarities

Found https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23664/81

Roger Stenholt, traveling from New York to Arizona when he went missing. Stats aren't too off, picture looks close, too. And the last seen date is fuzzy according to namus. Sometime around 1978.

This definitely looks like a good match with the age, height, and very fuzzy timeline. Sometimes there will be a month or season, but "around 1978" makes this a definite possibliity. And if he was going to Arizona, the Dallas area would be along a possible route.

Dustin Driscoll is awesome. They don't have the prints on the uid, the file was mislabeled. So they are contacting the investigating agency and we will hopefully know in the next week or so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back