TX TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #7

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by liltexans, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

IIRC she got the neighbors.....they looked around the house.......went into the woods because he was going to cut wood that day. What I found odd on the Disappeared broadcast (I think) was the fact that they went to the shop LAST! That would have been the FIRST place I looked.

2. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

Me too! I believe SM was asked about them searching the woods and he said they stayed right around the house that they didn't extend much into the property. I will try to find the actual quote. I thought he said it in a way that discarded them really searching the property.
    We don't know if he ever said he was going to cut wood.
    ETA: SM said, "I don't think they went very far back there but they did check around their house and nobody could find him."

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  3. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

Her neighbor believed she was on Xanax for years. Google the effects of long term use and you will see a picture of what seems like BC.
    Xanax Side Effects from Long-Term Use

4. cooksheila

cooksheila Well-Known Member

I know a petition was delivered to the Texas Rangers in this case and was hopeful SM would allow someone, anyone, to assist at the very least with this investigation if not take over completely. For lots of reasons, conflict of interest, integrity of this investigation or lack of, etc but the latest with these theories , these ridiculous theories at what point will he step aside or at what point will someone take over. Oh the madness. I wonder if there is something more to be done than a petition. Keep it in the news, go directly to DA, maybe a lawsuit???? I personally don’t know that I would believe or trust anything that comes to fruition from this department in this case. Praying for MC to come home

5. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

I mentioned this before. .. do we know other agencies aren't involved? I watched the press conference that was done in the beginning. He said that he had already called in the fbi to see if they could help and the Texas Rangers were on the way. So, was that not true? Or are we just thinking they weren't involved, but they were?

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Is there a link for that, oc? I don't remember hearing that, but I sure can't always count on my aging memory. Thanks! Interesting article.

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Yes, that makes sense! Every single time I follow a road of logic in looking at each one of the possible scenarios for MC's disappearance, I hit a big roadblock :( I think we all do, which is just so confounding.

8. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

SM said on Disappeared that TX DPS administered the polygraph tests and he also said the FBI assisted in one with JC2. Who knows what additional involvement and assistance they have provided.
    A LE member on the Tom Brown thread said that TX Rangers are spread thin and if one was assigned this case it would be in addition to the other 9 or so they are already working but if the Attorney General gets it they assign an investigator to it. Another thing was mentioned on that thread, the FBI is involved and won't talk to the mom or family, they don't provide updates etc, so I think it is quite possible they could work this case and it wouldn't be mentioned as there would be no stories or comments coming from them.

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

deleted

10. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

I saw those posts and considering what we know now about her multiple affairs I think those words were chosen to give her a caring, grieving persona. They are sickening to read after the fact. I googled and read a blurb about how a man loves to call his wife, "my wife", because it is a term of affection, no one else can call her that, so it sets their relationship apart - as it should be. In her case, knowing she was involved with at least one other man at that time it falls flat.

11. TXsleuthing

TXsleuthing Active Member

Does anyone know if his glasses were found at home, truck or in the shop?

sassyblue and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

One of our VIs told us in an early thread that MC's glasses were not found, presumed to be with him.

13. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

In thinking about the box of cash in the shop, it sure would be helpful to know if an amount was taken from it before it was found. There are things about that cash no one has been willing to answer publicly, even the amount that was found. Not sure why Mr. Klein was somewhat indirect re: the amount, but both he and HCSO are keeping particulars mum.

Of course, if BC knew about the money, she could have said it was MC's car hobby money and she had no idea exactly how much was there. I just don't know if there was any other single soul who knew. I still think no one knew but MC.

Here's a link to what I thought was an interesting overview on how police deal with missing person's cases. It's from 2001, but gave me a couple of things to ponder:Missing-Person Cases: A Balancing Act for Police

*Verdigris, Talullah, ninij9 and 3 others like this.
  14. cooksheila

I have always been against the suicide theory. Always used my logical thinking and boxed myself in only on foul play or where he could be. Last night before I fell asleep, trying to say my prayers, but my mind goes off track , I’m thinking: If MC did leave on his own accord, why walk or bike 17 miles to the bridge area or further, why not drive your truck to Kenny’s Landing or some location closer to where your going. Even 2 miles from the location your heading if you don’t want to be discovered is better than 17 plus. Why not 2 plus or 5 plus. I think SM knows exactly where that phone was twice that day. That area is the key. Maybe that morning he stopped and got a kayiak or some small boat, put in the back of his truck. Drove home, staged or did not stage and left in the kayiak. Paddles back and left that location. No one the wiser on the boat. Maybe at 5:50 when his phone went off he realized he had it and tossed it in water. Then just walked off from his life. I don’t know but that second location is key. That area and a five mile radius should have been searched. It’s crazy that it’s come to this but I realize everything has to be considered out of time and desperation for answers. I can’t imagine what his family is going through. Again these are all just theories and my opinions. Maybe MC left on his own accord. :(

15. steverogers

steverogers Well-Known Member

I think its time to explore other ideas.There are many things that could have happened to Michael but HCSO have investigated barely anything and come to their ridiculous conclusion.

ninij9, creepcrusher, ocgrad and 2 others like this.
  16. cooksheila

My focus as always been on Hunt County but if he crossed the bridge that Rains County. Hopefully the PI can investigate that side. I wouldn't depend on HCSO. I did find that Rains County SO had a page on FB but nothing for March 2017 which was weird. I also was able to find Rains County Leader which was a local newspaper that use to post SO calls and reports. Maybe there is something there. Maybe not. If someone did report suspicious activity or a kayak or canoe missing and then returned or something to that nature maybe the dots were never connected. But again it could be that the kayak or whatever was taken and put back before anyone noticed. Maybe the focus was in Hunt county and should have been Rains county. IMO

17. cooksheila

I feel sick, I feel like I'm betraying MC and family by considering any of this. But I want to help and I want him to come home :(

18. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

I don't think SM knows exactly where the phone pinged but I do think he knows it was East Tawakoni, Rains county. He said multiple searches have taken place in Hunt and Rains counties. But I agree that they should know within a mile or 2 and could have more thoroughly searched instead of performing some theatrical production for TV at or near his former home. I think they should have been looking for a crime scene rather than a body and by not doing that at the start there would be little chance of finding it now.

19. steverogers

steverogers Well-Known Member

I think every one has been looking at this with blinders.You are betraying no one everything needs to be considered.Maybe BC got exactly what she wanted by dumb luck and she doesn't know how to fake grief so she stayed out of the spotlight.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  20. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

I have been reading on this thread since day one. I rarely post. The only comment I have regarding the suicide theory (which I do NOT believe), is that in my opinion, if Mr Chambers had committed suicide he would have been neat, had his affairs in order & wouldn't have vanished. It has been said from all corners how he adored his wife, and his entire family for that matter. I honestly don't think, even in a time of despair that he would cause so much additional anguish for his family by making them continuously greive and search. Not an important or revealing thought, just my impressions of this man. I wish and pray for an end to his families horrific, continous suffering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.