TX TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #8

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by liltexans, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Great catch Tripod!
    Was Klein mistaken about what MC was wearing that day or was there evidence that MC changed his clothes
    that day? (It would have been after he returned home from Walmart).
    And if he did change into jeans, why?

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

People do make mistakes, but I was kind of surprised at that one. If it wasn't a mistake, it should have been clarified much earlier. Sometimes it matters a great deal to have an accurate description of what a person was wearing when they disappeared and other times maybe it doesn't matter too much.

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Praying for Michael and family during this holiday season.

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Michael Chambers was a 36-year veteran of the Dallas Fire Department before retiring in 2008. The 70-year-old husband, father and grandfather was the last person one would think could disappear, but Michael has now been missing for more than two years.

Michael was last seen the morning of March 10, 2017. His wife told police she last spoke with him around 8 a.m. and several hours later, around 11 a.m., security video captured Michael walking out of the Walmart in Quinlan, Texas. He had bought some makeup there that his wife says she’d ask him to pick up for her.

Investigators found several drops of blood in a shed on the family property after his wife reported Michael missing. Although there was no obvious sign of a struggle, authorities have characterized Michael’s disappearance as suspicious in nature. His truck keys and wallet were found in the home. His cellphone is missing.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

[​IMG]

5. RuthSleuth

RuthSleuth Looking for answers

6. truetexan

truetexan Well-Known Member

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thank you, JerseyGirl, for the refresher. Bring Papaw Home.

8. truetexan

truetexan Well-Known Member

Bring PawPaw Home....BUMP

9. mrsNKY

mrsNKY Well-Known Member

I check back on this case every so often and always hope to see the words “located”. I am so beyond words at the amount of time and lack of progress. I do not have a solid theory on what happened to Mr Chambers. I have bounced back and forth between scenarios. I just want him found, it’s been long enough.

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking in, mrsNKY. I so wish there were new things we could discuss. It's beyond time for his family to get solid answers.

11. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

******. If there’s one case I want solved for Christmas, it’s this one.

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I feel the very same way. God bless the Chambers family.

13. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

Was hoping for a Christmas miracle ... thinking of PaPaw today.

Hazelnutty, stjrussell, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
  14. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

Let’s have Michael Chambers home for the new decade. #prettyplease

Tripod, stjrussell, Razz and 5 others like this.
  15. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

2020 begins with new promises. Here is hoping that someone grows a conscience someday soon. Or that Michael is discovered/found. And that brings you back to page 1 dearest PaPaw.

16. Mominmi

Mominmi Well-Known Member

Yes, please let this new year bring PaPaw home!

Hazelnutty, Tripod, alp122664 and 5 others like this.
  17. johnbelt

johnbelt Well-Known Member

Mr. Belt, I am not nor have I ever been a crooked Sheriff. I have a very strong and reputable reputation with the citizens of Hunt County. I have never lost an election since I have been in public office. I am not perfect, but I do the best that I can. I would have run again, but my wife had pancreatic cancer and I need to spend as much time with her as I can. There are so many faceless rumors about the Chamber case. I am not protecting anyone. At first, I thought we had a crime. But, after the facts began coming in, I had to change my mind. The blood was staged(according to a DPS blood splatter expert). There were issues with one of the sons that just came to light before he disappeared. There are other factors that I will not discuss because this is still an open investigation. What issue could possibly be so bad with his son the sheriff thinks he killed himself?

18. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Hey Johnbelt- is this a letter that was sent to you from SM? Also, which one is your comment? Is it the last sentence at the end? Please advise. Many thanks.

19. johnbelt

I added my comment at the end.I have talked with SM,Detective Haines and Det.Kelly Phillips who is the investigating officer.I have shared notes and tips I have gotten from people online with all three.I've learned a few things but mostly that they have pretty much wrote it off as a suicide and I don't think they investigated much of anything.

20. johnbelt

I don't agree with them and would gladly share the whole conversation but I know I'm probably already breaking websleuth's rules.That conversation was from New Year's Eve so I'm still plugging away looking for answers.There was a bloody pillowcase found within a mile of MC residence before Klein came onto the case.The pillow case was turned into HCSO and was never mentioned again to anyone even family who wanted answers.SM said test was inconclusive when I asked I would be demanding to see the lab results to see if it was sent for testing.