TX TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #8

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by liltexans, Mar 4, 2018.

1. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

New Search Conducted for Clues Into Michael Chambers Missing Person Case

A new sheriff in Hunt County is breathing new life into one of the most mysterious missing person cases in North Texas.

The last update came in 2018 when the sheriff at the time shared his belief that Chambers may have jumped off a bridge over Lake Tawakani.

"I really feel like he, he jumped in there his self and committed suicide," Sheriff Meeks told NBC 5’s media partner KRLD.

Floyd and her family rejected the idea Chambers killed himself, then and now.

“Absolutely not. Not one tiny bit of me would believe that that was the truth,” Floyd said.

She hired a private investigator who reportedly gave information to the new Hunt County Sheriff Terry Jones which led to a search last weekend.

“That was a big effort and it was so appreciated,” Floyd said.

he Hunt County Sheriff's Office says 78 members of law enforcement and vetted volunteers searched for evidence Saturday on 420 acres of dense woods, open pastures and creek beds. The search involved the use of k9’s, all-terrain vehicles, a drone, riders on horseback and individuals on foot, the sheriff’s office stated in a press release.

Floyd says its given her new hope her family may one day get answers.

“You hope for an outcome, you hope for answers, you hope for closure, but it’s not going to be a happy fairy tale ending where I have my dad back,” she said.

2. cnmccarthy

cnmccarthy Well-Known Member

Thank GOODNESS

3. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

4. Wilma_W

Wilma_W Well-Known Member

The Gone Cold Podcast is doing a series of episodes on Michael Chambers - first episode is out:

gone cold podcast - texas true crime

This podcast tends to do a pretty thorough job - I've been listening to it since they did a series on the Fort Worth Missing Trio.

5. Mominmi

Mominmi Well-Known Member

6. Soccerfan

Soccerfan Member

It's Father's Day weekend. . .it's about time that this man is found. Let's hope someone is racked with guilt that they talk and lead authorities to him.

7. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

Someday, Michael Chambers will return to his family. I wish with all my might that it will be soon. This case is never far from my mind.

8. Soccerfan

Soccerfan Member

I agree. I think about it often. Did you listen to the Gone Cold Podcast? A lot of shots taken against Philip Klein and his theory of what happened. Some interesting stuff in it though. This case is just so complicated and but for the early mistakes of law enforcement, we'd probably know a lot more about what happened to Mike Chambers.

9. Midge Montana

I have not, but thanks for the recommendation. I just found it and will listen.
    I have my own opinion of Klein and Co..This was supposed to be all wrapped up in 30 days. I’m following three cases he’s involved in that still have no resolution. Shrug.
    I think I’ll spend my morning in my beautiful yard in my hammock listening to the Gone Cold episodes.

I’ve said this from the beginning, and I know it’s risky, but if he were my missing father I’d have gotten BC alone in a cabin YEARS AGO, and made her talk. MOO. I’m not suggesting anyone involved break the law, just saying how my family would’ve handled it since HCSO is obviously corrupt and useless. We are a tight family and I cannot imagine this kind of nonsense stretching out for years with the ‘authorities’ simply shrugging their shoulders, ruling a ridiculous suicide by bicycle theory, and ditching any real police work. IMO, MOO, YMMV.
    Bring Michael Chambers Home!!!

10. Soccerfan

Soccerfan Member

What Improves the Chances of Solving a Murder?. An interesting NY Times story on what it takes to solve a murder. I think that the same principle probably applies for missing persons cases, which, of course, might lead to a murder case. From the article: "One key to solving a murder is straightforward: devoting more hours to it, which usually involves more investigators."

pillywiggin likes this.
  11. Soccerfan

Soccerfan Member

I'm hoping that with new seasons of TV shows (48 Hours, Dateline, etc.) starting this time of year that one or more will devote time to this case. We need pressure, pressure, pressure and attention, attention, attention on this case!! It seems like there is so much fodder for these TV shows; I am not sure why they haven't jumped on it yet (other than "Disappeared"). It's been 4+ years since this man went missing. We need justice and people need to be held accountable!

Mert, nannymo, OutWest and 6 others like this.
  12. Midge Montana

Has David Marshburn ever taken a look at this case?