Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

I'd love to know the answers to those questions, too, Razz. ( good to see you!)
Also, I thought Papaw was last seen wearing sweatpants and not jeans, that day. Why would Klein be telling property owners in that area to BOLO for jeans?
Klein Inv. said they were productive that day they did search. I understand that probably means they covered some more ground that hadn't been searched well before, but hopefully they will do more in-depth interviews to refresh media coverage.
I do NOT want Papaw to remain missing for 3 years!
Great catch Tripod!
Was Klein mistaken about what MC was wearing that day or was there evidence that MC changed his clothes
that day? (It would have been after he returned home from Walmart).
And if he did change into jeans, why?

Great catch Tripod!
Was Klein mistaken about what MC was wearing that day or was there evidence that MC changed his clothes
that day? (It would have been after he returned home from Walmart).
And if he did change into jeans, why?
People do make mistakes, but I was kind of surprised at that one. If it wasn't a mistake, it should have been clarified much earlier. Sometimes it matters a great deal to have an accurate description of what a person was wearing when they disappeared and other times maybe it doesn't matter too much.

Michael Chambers was a 36-year veteran of the Dallas Fire Department before retiring in 2008. The 70-year-old husband, father and grandfather was the last person one would think could disappear, but Michael has now been missing for more than two years.

Michael was last seen the morning of March 10, 2017. His wife told police she last spoke with him around 8 a.m. and several hours later, around 11 a.m., security video captured Michael walking out of the Walmart in Quinlan, Texas. He had bought some makeup there that his wife says she’d ask him to pick up for her.

Investigators found several drops of blood in a shed on the family property after his wife reported Michael missing. Although there was no obvious sign of a struggle, authorities have characterized Michael’s disappearance as suspicious in nature. His truck keys and wallet were found in the home. His cellphone is missing.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

michael_chambers_917f48870a25a53c64bc821313b29ca6.fit-760w.png

Michael Chambers was a 36-year veteran of the Dallas Fire Department before retiring in 2008. The 70-year-old husband, father and grandfather was the last person one would think could disappear, but Michael has now been missing for more than two years.

Michael was last seen the morning of March 10, 2017. His wife told police she last spoke with him around 8 a.m. and several hours later, around 11 a.m., security video captured Michael walking out of the Walmart in Quinlan, Texas. He had bought some makeup there that his wife says she’d ask him to pick up for her.

Investigators found several drops of blood in a shed on the family property after his wife reported Michael missing. Although there was no obvious sign of a struggle, authorities have characterized Michael’s disappearance as suspicious in nature. His truck keys and wallet were found in the home. His cellphone is missing.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

michael_chambers_917f48870a25a53c64bc821313b29ca6.fit-760w.png
Thank you, JerseyGirl, for the refresher. Bring Papaw Home.

I check back on this case every so often and always hope to see the words “located”. I am so beyond words at the amount of time and lack of progress. I do not have a solid theory on what happened to Mr Chambers. I have bounced back and forth between scenarios. I just want him found, it’s been long enough.

I check back on this case every so often and always hope to see the words “located”. I am so beyond words at the amount of time and lack of progress. I do not have a solid theory on what happened to Mr Chambers. I have bounced back and forth between scenarios. I just want him found, it’s been long enough.
Thanks for checking in, mrsNKY. I so wish there were new things we could discuss. It's beyond time for his family to get solid answers.

Mr. Belt, I am not nor have I ever been a crooked Sheriff. I have a very strong and reputable reputation with the citizens of Hunt County. I have never lost an election since I have been in public office. I am not perfect, but I do the best that I can. I would have run again, but my wife had pancreatic cancer and I need to spend as much time with her as I can. There are so many faceless rumors about the Chamber case. I am not protecting anyone. At first, I thought we had a crime. But, after the facts began coming in, I had to change my mind. The blood was staged(according to a DPS blood splatter expert). There were issues with one of the sons that just came to light before he disappeared. There are other factors that I will not discuss because this is still an open investigation. What issue could possibly be so bad with his son the sheriff thinks he killed himself?

Mr. Belt, I am not nor have I ever been a crooked Sheriff. I have a very strong and reputable reputation with the citizens of Hunt County. I have never lost an election since I have been in public office. I am not perfect, but I do the best that I can. I would have run again, but my wife had pancreatic cancer and I need to spend as much time with her as I can. There are so many faceless rumors about the Chamber case. I am not protecting anyone. At first, I thought we had a crime. But, after the facts began coming in, I had to change my mind. The blood was staged(according to a DPS blood splatter expert). There were issues with one of the sons that just came to light before he disappeared. There are other factors that I will not discuss because this is still an open investigation. What issue could possibly be so bad with his son the sheriff thinks he killed himself?
Hey Johnbelt- is this a letter that was sent to you from SM? Also, which one is your comment? Is it the last sentence at the end? Please advise. Many thanks.

I added my comment at the end.I have talked with SM,Detective Haines and Det.Kelly Phillips who is the investigating officer.I have shared notes and tips I have gotten from people online with all three.I've learned a few things but mostly that they have pretty much wrote it off as a suicide and I don't think they investigated much of anything.

I don't agree with them and would gladly share the whole conversation but I know I'm probably already breaking websleuth's rules.That conversation was from New Year's Eve so I'm still plugging away looking for answers.There was a bloody pillowcase found within a mile of MC residence before Klein came onto the case.The pillow case was turned into HCSO and was never mentioned again to anyone even family who wanted answers.SM said test was inconclusive when I asked I would be demanding to see the lab results to see if it was sent for testing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back