Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

This is the most promising news we have had to date. It sure looks like the missing bicycle. I want Pawpaw to be found alive, but I have felt from the beginning he is not, so I am praying these are his remains and this will bring some justice to Pawpaw and his family.

Pretty sure the family knows by now if that was MC or not. We all saw the photos. Plenty of dental evidence there. Shrug.
The family might know but the Sheriff's Office might not want to release the findings for now to the public for investigative purposes. Maybe they are lining other things up. Just a guess. I take it as a positive sign that nothing has leaked to social media or press as of yet. Trust me, I'm itching to know whether these are Mr. Chambers's remains and what the next steps will be.

I know that in actuality, we mean nothing to the family despite our sincere love and prayers for MC all of these years. I get it, we as a public have no right to know. So many of us have just grown so attached to this beautiful family and Mr. Chambers as a hero, that we are chomping at the bit. I know we aren’t family but crazily enough, he feels like OUR Papaw, right?

As you know, I've thought a lot about this case recently. I recently re-watched the Disappeared episode and there are some things that I still hold very strong convictions about and there are some other things that I still have questions about. We don't know whether the body is Mr. Chambers but, assuming it is, I have some thoughts. I thought I'd express myself here:

1. Ever since coming on the case, PI Klein has said that people near Lake Tawakoni need to check their properties and especially when the water goes down. In a summer podcast (I forget which one), Klein mentioned that his team had a search planned for some of the sloughs around the lake. Is Klein simply smart or did he know something? This is related to point #2.
2. Last spring, a woman posted on the Hunt County Theft Reports FB page that she might know something about the Chambers case. She made it sound like someone told her something that might be relevant to this case. She eventually got a hold of Hunt County and PI Klein's office and Klein mentions this "tip" in a podcast from last spring. Klein made it sound like the tip related to where a body might be located. Very general, perhaps, but something to look into for law enforcement. Given that Klein and his team (with help from Texas Equisearch) were going to search some sloughs around the lake, I'm assuming those searches were related to the tip.
3. My theory is this: there were two people involved in the foul play. One person with brains and the other with brawn. I have really strong convictions about the blood in the garage. I think the perpetrators thought they had concocted the "perfect crime" but the main problem was that Mr. Chambers started to bleed out of his ear while on the ground. One person couldn't move him, however, and so while that person was waiting for another person to arrive, blood pooled on the concrete. Once the second person arrived, they moved him to a tarp near the door. That explains the blood drops moving away from the blood pool area.
4. The bike: I'm torn about this because I see there being two possibilities for what role the bike plays in this. Remember I said that I think someone with brains planned this out. The first possibility is that that person, all along, planned for a bike to play a role; specifically, that the bike would be placed next to the body and that it would "support" a theory of suicide. That person planted or fed that theory to Sheriff Meeks and he ran with it once he couldn't figure anything else out. The second possibility is that Sheriff Meeks came up with the theory because it absolved him of having to solve a crime and the bike was planted at the body location later once they saw an opportunity to bolster Sheriff Meek's theory. While both theories fit (I think), I tend to believe the first possibility.
5. The Disappeared episode mentioned that Mr. Chambers went back to the other side of Lake Tawakoni "around 2:30pm that day." That makes sense now considering where the body was found. I think that PI Klein said that his phone went dead around 5:50pm halfway on the 2-mile bridge. I don't know how to interpret that.
6. I am not from Hunt County or Texas so I have no idea about traffic near his house but there is a road across the street that takes you to the Hideaway Estates. How many people come out of that development and turn onto FM2101 during a given day? I understand that it's not something you'd be necessarily looking for, but is it possible that someone saw something that day? I don't know what coverage the trees provide on March 10 but it seems like someone had to see something!
7. I firmly believe that the Hunt County Sheriff's office and PI Klein have this largely figured out. I think the public does not know fully what they know. I'd bet that LE is pretty sure of who is involved.
8. When two (or more) people are involved in a crime, LE squeezes one to get to the other. They give some immunity to one in order to get the other. That's going to be what cracks this case, in my opinion. Loyalties and connections lessen over time. That's how this case will ultimately be solved.
9. I think 2023 is the year this case is solved and this family FINALLY gets answers. They certainly deserve it! Let's bring this case home and bring some justice for this family!
I'm from the area and can help you on a few points. 2101 is a 2 lane highway without a shoulder. Hideaway Estates is a combination of full time residents and weekenders. Being a rural area and the house & shop sitting far from the road, unless something was really obvious, most people would not have noticed anything because people driving along 2101 are driving at highway speeds and usually don't pay attention to the surroundings and anyone coming out of Hideaway would be watching the cross traffic. The majority of trees in the area are Oak which are deciduous, so minimal leaf coverage. I would assume any actions that happened were up at the house/shop so I can certainly understand no one seeing anything.

What would have been obvious would be if he had ridden the bike. Someone would have seen or passed him on 2101 and I would hope with the coverage this received, would have stepped forward to say they saw someone riding a bike along that highway. The other highways he could've been missed, but not 2101.

I would think they know by now if the remains found, whether it be Chambers or someone else, show signs of suicide or not. Hoping 2023 is the year this is brought to a resolution and the family can have a proper burial.

Sending prayer up for Mr Chambers family. Hoping they have already been told if the found remains were or were not Papaw. Because this waiting would be be almost unbearable. And if it is him and info is being held for investigative reasons, well, that’s great! Investigate hard and find out the truth.

I'm from the area and can help you on a few points. 2101 is a 2 lane highway without a shoulder. Hideaway Estates is a combination of full time residents and weekenders. Being a rural area and the house & shop sitting far from the road, unless something was really obvious, most people would not have noticed anything because people driving along 2101 are driving at highway speeds and usually don't pay attention to the surroundings and anyone coming out of Hideaway would be watching the cross traffic. The majority of trees in the area are Oak which are deciduous, so minimal leaf coverage. I would assume any actions that happened were up at the house/shop so I can certainly understand no one seeing anything.

What would have been obvious would be if he had ridden the bike. Someone would have seen or passed him on 2101 and I would hope with the coverage this received, would have stepped forward to say they saw someone riding a bike along that highway. The other highways he could've been missed, but not 2101.

I would think they know by now if the remains found, whether it be Chambers or someone else, show signs of suicide or not. Hoping 2023 is the year this is brought to a resolution and the family can have a proper burial.
Thank you for these answers and comments. Very helpful. I've always wondered about what it would look like in March for someone pulling out of that development across the street. The "bike ride theory" is, and has always been, complete hogwash. Death by suicide is also hogwash, in my opinion. There is no evidence of that. All the evidence points to a homicide. I may be too positive but I think the investigators are putting things together. PI Klein will be answering questions on his Friday podcast and people have asked him on his FB page about the Michael Chambers case (updates) so he will discuss it in some manner on Friday's episode. I can't wait.

On today's podcast, PI Philip Klein discusses the Michael Chambers case starting at minute 29. They are deferring to the Sheriff's Office on the news and he said that the DA has asked him not to talk about it. It sounds like they don't know the results of the DNA test (initial results in 6 weeks, but final answer not for 6 months) but "if it is Michael Chambers, it is not suicide, it's a homicide." By the way, if it's true that the initial DNA results come back in the 6-week ballpark, I believe we are at week 7 since the remains were found.

Thank you for these answers and comments. Very helpful. I've always wondered about what it would look like in March for someone pulling out of that development across the street. The "bike ride theory" is, and has always been, complete hogwash. Death by suicide is also hogwash, in my opinion. There is no evidence of that. All the evidence points to a homicide. I may be too positive but I think the investigators are putting things together. PI Klein will be answering questions on his Friday podcast and people have asked him on his FB page about the Michael Chambers case (updates) so he will discuss it in some manner on Friday's episode. I can't wait.
I believe the bike ride theory is hogwash too. Even for someone in excellent condition, that would be a tough ride plus dodging traffic in Quinlan. And it's exactly why no one has come forward to say they saw someone riding a bike along 2101 that day. It also doesn't make sense, because if he was going to commit suicide, he would have driven his truck over. Additionally, I looked at the weather for that day. The high was 76 at the time he would have been riding the bike but wind gusts were clocked at up to 26 miles per hour. So the bike ride is an absolute no for someone with a bad knee.

I believe the bike ride theory is hogwash too. Even for someone in excellent condition, that would be a tough ride plus dodging traffic in Quinlan. And it's exactly why no one has come forward to say they saw someone riding a bike along 2101 that day. It also doesn't make sense, because if he was going to commit suicide, he would have driven his truck over. Additionally, I looked at the weather for that day. The high was 76 at the time he would have been riding the bike but wind gusts were clocked at up to 26 miles per hour. So the bike ride is an absolute no for someone with a bad knee.
Nice homework on the weather! I knew the temperature but didn't know the wind gusts. It just boggles my mind how the initial investigation went off course so quickly. Trust me, I make mistakes at work all the time but the "mistakes" in this case FEEL like they are intentional and so basic. In other words, the evidence seems to scream CRIME but LE seemed to want to make this case as clear as mud when it really wasn't. The Sheriff even said that they checked the cameras along the route he would have ridden his bike that day . . .was anything found on those cameras? For the life of me, I can't fathom treating a retired first responder's disappearance this way. MC was entitled to so much more and he didn't get it from the people in charge. I wanted to pull my hair out when, at the end of the Disappeared episode, the Sheriff mentioned that he had "information" that suggested that MC was not the victim of foul play but disappeared of his own volition.

I know that in actuality, we mean nothing to the family despite our sincere love and prayers for MC all of these years. I get it, we as a public have no right to know. So many of us have just grown so attached to this beautiful family and Mr. Chambers as a hero, that we are chomping at the bit. I know we aren’t family but crazily enough, he feels like OUR Papaw, right?

RBBM

Yes, he does!!

JMVHO.

The private investigator hired by the family talked about this in his podcast from 2 weeks ago. He said something like it takes approximately 2 months for the initial DNA tests to come back and up to 6 months for the final DNA tests to come back. He didn't say anything about dental records but I'd imagine those results are in as well. In short, I'd bet that law enforcement does know whose remains they are but they are not sharing those results with the public until they are ready to. What does "ready" mean? I am not sure but I'd guess that they want to time the reporting of the DNA results with the investigation regarding what happened to him (how did the homicide occur, in other words). The other curious thing though is that sometime in late-January of 2022, Hunt County announced that someone found remains in a remote area (central Hunt County, I believe). They said that those remains were also sent to the University of North Texas for identification but those results were never made known to the public. It's a bit of a head-scratcher, in my opinion. The other question that I'm interested in is whether Hunt County has notified the family of any results. I have no idea.
Still no update. They have to at least know by now if the dental records matched MC or if that was his bike found with the remains, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back