Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

Is there anyone that can map MC's home, where the bike and bones were found,the town he would have traveled through and the bridge along with milage? Also the route the Sheriff says he took according to the phone pings? Basically a bird's eye view? It doesn't need to be perfect but it would be helpful (imo) to at least eyeball the area to view possibilities? I am totally clueless on these areas. TIA!

The blue route would have been the one to take and starts at his house. You'll see the Walmart that had him on video buying items for Becca that morning. I don't know exactly where they found the body, but it would have been in the woods somewhere along the lake where I ended the route I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. He would have passed through Quinlan TX and this is the route the pings followed to the middle of the bridge. I think we can rule out diving off the bridge as the bike would not be where it was found. I lived there for 23 years so quite familiar with it. Don't know exactly where in relation to my end route the remains were found. Also, a previous post of mine showed wind gusts that day which were fairly high and Rains county, where the remains were found, is on the east side of the bridge, so he would have rode the bike across the 2 mile bridge then onto where he ended up.

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 057 - 7806 FM2101, Quinlan, TX 75474 to East Tawakoni, Texas 75472 - Google_ ...png
    FireShot Capture 057 - 7806 FM2101, Quinlan, TX 75474 to East Tawakoni, Texas 75472 - Google_ ...png
    345.4 KB · Views: 33
I saw that and wondered what was taking so long because they must know. So I can only guess they are withholding information in order to do more investigation. I just hope it will be easy to establish suicide was not a factor because I still would not believe he rode the bike all the way over. Maybe there are fingerprints still remaining on it because I've got to believe whoever did this was sloppy in hiding evidence. I'm surprised/not surprised we haven't heard anything from his wife since the remains were found. If it were my husband, I'd be all over the media pleading for people to come forward with information.
I go back and forth on this but my best guess is that there was stuff at the scene that provides support for the fact that it was him and that the family has been made aware of that evidence. Was it clothes? A tarp? The bike? I am not sure but I'd bet that that evidence has been shared with the family but that the DNA results are really not back yet. PI Klein commented that with DNA evidence, there is a preliminary report that comes out around 3 months, then there is the final report that comes out many months later. Who knows but I'd imagine that this is really hard on the family.

The blue route would have been the one to take and starts at his house. You'll see the Walmart that had him on video buying items for Becca that morning. I don't know exactly where they found the body, but it would have been in the woods somewhere along the lake where I ended the route I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. He would have passed through Quinlan TX and this is the route the pings followed to the middle of the bridge. I think we can rule out diving off the bridge as the bike would not be where it was found. I lived there for 23 years so quite familiar with it. Don't know exactly where in relation to my end route the remains were found. Also, a previous post of mine showed wind gusts that day which were fairly high and Rains county, where the remains were found, is on the east side of the bridge, so he would have rode the bike across the 2 mile bridge then onto where he ended up.
Thanks for this. I want to point something out, however, which makes the data even more compelling and shows why the previous sheriff's "theory" was so far-fetched. The starting address was 7086 FM2101; you had a typo (7806 FM2101). I point that out not because of the typo but because it adds even MORE TIME and MORE DISTANCE to the route. More time for someone to see him, more time struggling on a bike, etc. Also, I am not from the area but reports were that the body was found in Point, Texas. I think there was a little more distance to the ending point as well. Your data on the wind gusts was so good too! Also, don't people say that the 2-mile bridge was under construction that day? No construction worker saw this man riding his bike halfway onto the bridge? This "theory" is so preposterous and it did so much damage to this case.

Thank you CBistes! At one time there was speculation that he may have traveled in the opposite direction shown here. It would have been a further ride but would explain why no one saw him in town or on the bridge. Also it may lend a little credence to a heart attack.
All jmo.

Just my 2 cents here. Klein describes where the body was found and there is a picture on the news feed above. (Looks like it is between the 2 fingers of the lake toward Point) It would have been further up FM 2737 and over closer to Point. Klein described an "island" and slush from the lake, so it must be kind of swampy, even tho it doesn't look like it on the map. I kept wanting to go the opposite direction from Point, closer to the lake, but I guess I was wrong.

And yes, the bridge was under construction/repairs and it would not have killed him to jump off it. Only about 10 feet to the water. Sort of like diving off "the high dive" at the pool!

Hope to hear something soon!

Just my 2 cents here. Klein describes where the body was found and there is a picture on the news feed above. (Looks like it is between the 2 fingers of the lake toward Point) It would have been further up FM 2737 and over closer to Point. Klein described an "island" and slush from the lake, so it must be kind of swampy, even tho it doesn't look like it on the map. I kept wanting to go the opposite direction from Point, closer to the lake, but I guess I was wrong.

And yes, the bridge was under construction/repairs and it would not have killed him to jump off it. Only about 10 feet to the water. Sort of like diving off "the high dive" at the pool!

Hope to hear something soon!

I found Klein's description a bit confusing. When I watched the video in the below link it look like it was here that the hiker went into the woods at the below link map area

Video I'm referencing to is at this link:
Newly Discovered Human Remains, Bike Found Not Far From Where Retired Dallas Firefighter Disappeared

Map here:
Cedar Cove Map area

There seems to be some saying 10 miles and some saying 10 mins, I think it is more of a 10 min walk in all my opinion of course!

Klein's description says you cross the 7 mile bridge (it's the 2 mile bridge)....go about 3 miles to a farm to market road......turn right (I think you turn left because that is the direction to Point)........then go 7 miles up the road between East Tawakoni and Point. (which again would be turn to the left or head North??) The news article says closer to Point than East Tawakoni.

So I think the explorer walked from 276 about 10 miles toward Point when he found the remains.

Wouldn't this be due East of Pawpaw's home as a crow flies? (I could have my directions mixed up a bit!)

This location also lies between 2 "fingers" of the lake. Hope this helps.

Klein's description says you cross the 7 mile bridge (it's the 2 mile bridge)....go about 3 miles to a farm to market road......turn right (I think you turn left because that is the direction to Point)........then go 7 miles up the road between East Tawakoni and Point. (which again would be turn to the left or head North??) The news article says closer to Point than East Tawakoni.

So I think the explorer walked from 276 about 10 miles toward Point when he found the remains.

Wouldn't this be due East of Pawpaw's home as a crow flies? (I could have my directions mixed up a bit!)

This location also lies between 2 "fingers" of the lake. Hope this helps.

It could be 10 miles in, but in the video he says "And this is the location" and he has the pregnant reporter with him. So that is a bit confusing, not sure she would walk 10 miles in, unless there is an alternate way to get there.

I think he entered the forest between County road 1502 and the bridge and walked towards the lake. This part of the clip of the below video shows them just starting to walk over the bridge

Newly Discovered Human Remains, Bike Found Not Far From Where Retired Dallas Firefighter Disappeared

1679008223106.png

ALL MOO

It could be 10 miles in, but in the video he says "And this is the location" and he has the pregnant reporter with him. So that is a bit confusing, not sure she would walk 10 miles in, unless there is an alternate way to get there.

I think he entered the forest between County road 1502 and the bridge and walked towards the lake. This part of the clip of the below video shows them just starting to walk over the bridge

View attachment 409504

ALL MOO
I was confused by this report too and I posted about it earlier. Clearly, the pregnant reporter didn't walk 10 miles with him in the swamps, snakes and all. I kind've thought that (1) either the resting spot was closer to the bridge than I thought or (2) they accessed the location via boat from the lake (or cove). Some might say the location doesn't matter but it does because how close to the bridge is it and is it easier to get there from the other side (the lake); meaning, perhaps the body was moved by a boat, which is a theory that many have subscribed to from the start.

I agree it is confusing. I wonder if the news report is edited and they drove around closer to Point to the remains instead of walking. BUT! The photos of LE on the highway are definitely by the bridge where they entered. I bet they are not far off the highway and it is just an error in reporting. Although Klein does say you go up the Farm to market road toward Point about 7 miles. 10 miles is a long way to "carry a bike!"

After looking at a map and studying the news story, it appears the remains and the bike are off the road quite a ways. Not sure of 10 minutes or 10 miles, but either way think about how "someone" could get the body and the bicycle to this point?

Pawpaw was a big man. He would not have ridden his bike to that point. And as most of us agree, he met with foul play.

It would take at least 2 people if not 3 to get him there or it would take more than 1 trip for 2 people if they went by land. There would have been 2 people to carry him and someone else to carry the bicycle.

Unless it is possible to get to that spot by boat. It was daylight, but getting dark I think when they were looking for him, so I am assuming it was daylight when he went missing. I think they would have carried the body and bicycle by boat or pick up wrapped a tarp, but removing those items from the highway during daylight hours would be very risky.

I still think 2 people would be invloved if they took him by boat. I guess 1 person could have managed if they too were big and strong. Taking him in a boat during the day would be much easier. One could stay away from other boats and meander around the fingers of the lake to get to that point? This seems to be a safer way to transport the body and bike.

I wish a local was on this thread to tell us if that is possible?

What is interesting is that boat was mentioned in the very beginning, based on the rate of speed he was moving. Boat is still at the top of my evil list.

This case actually angers me. I will never stop being angry for him being so mistreated on so many levels.

Thanks for this. I want to point something out, however, which makes the data even more compelling and shows why the previous sheriff's "theory" was so far-fetched. The starting address was 7086 FM2101; you had a typo (7806 FM2101). I point that out not because of the typo but because it adds even MORE TIME and MORE DISTANCE to the route. More time for someone to see him, more time struggling on a bike, etc. Also, I am not from the area but reports were that the body was found in Point, Texas. I think there was a little more distance to the ending point as well. Your data on the wind gusts was so good too! Also, don't people say that the 2-mile bridge was under construction that day? No construction worker saw this man riding his bike halfway onto the bridge? This "theory" is so preposterous and it did so much damage to this case.
Thanks for catching that typo. Yes it is 7086 I verified just now with Hunt County CAD. The most likely place someone would have seen him riding a bike would have been on FM 2101 as this is a 2 lane highway with a narrow shoulder and an extremely long stretch. He also would have likely been among the Boles School traffic letting out on the corner of 2101 and 34 which means someone would have surely seen him. Yes it's possible he would have been seen along the other roads, but they are wider and for the most part more buildings and busier. Also, the bridge was under construction, being widened. It was a narrow 2 lane bridge with very small shoulder. A biker would be real obvious on the old bridge.

After looking at a map and studying the news story, it appears the remains and the bike are off the road quite a ways. Not sure of 10 minutes or 10 miles, but either way think about how "someone" could get the body and the bicycle to this point?

Pawpaw was a big man. He would not have ridden his bike to that point. And as most of us agree, he met with foul play.

It would take at least 2 people if not 3 to get him there or it would take more than 1 trip for 2 people if they went by land. There would have been 2 people to carry him and someone else to carry the bicycle.

Unless it is possible to get to that spot by boat. It was daylight, but getting dark I think when they were looking for him, so I am assuming it was daylight when he went missing. I think they would have carried the body and bicycle by boat or pick up wrapped a tarp, but removing those items from the highway during daylight hours would be very risky.

I still think 2 people would be invloved if they took him by boat. I guess 1 person could have managed if they too were big and strong. Taking him in a boat during the day would be much easier. One could stay away from other boats and meander around the fingers of the lake to get to that point? This seems to be a safer way to transport the body and bike.

Ex local and I actually lived on a different part of the lake for several decades. You can definitely get a boat into the waters there. There are several boat launches nearby. The other thing we can keep in mind is if I remember correctly, they were searching near his home in the early searches. So everything didn't necessarily take place on that one day. The other thing to keep in mind is the Chambers family had lived on that other side of the lake, selling the property in 2001. I haven't seen a pinpoint of where the remains and bike were found, but if I had that, I could determine how close to the previous property it was. It's fortunate the guy was hiking that land, because all of that is mostly private property and leaseback from Sabine River Authority meaning the properties along the lake pay a yearly fee for use of the property between their property line and the lake and therefore it's not property the public is allowed to roam on.

Ex local and I actually lived on a different part of the lake for several decades. You can definitely get a boat into the waters there. There are several boat launches nearby. The other thing we can keep in mind is if I remember correctly, they were searching near his home in the early searches. So everything didn't necessarily take place on that one day. The other thing to keep in mind is the Chambers family had lived on that other side of the lake, selling the property in 2001. I haven't seen a pinpoint of where the remains and bike were found, but if I had that, I could determine how close to the previous property it was. It's fortunate the guy was hiking that land, because all of that is mostly private property and leaseback from Sabine River Authority meaning the properties along the lake pay a yearly fee for use of the property between their property line and the lake and therefore it's not property the public is allowed to roam on.

Unless it is possible to get to that spot by boat. It was daylight, but getting dark I think when they were looking for him, so I am assuming it was daylight when he went missing. I think they would have carried the body and bicycle by boat or pick uExp wrapped a tarp, but removing those items from the highway during daylight hours would be very risky.

Ex Local here. See my other posts. It was daylight when he went missing. There is also the possibility since the search initially started near his home, his body was kept somewhere until disposing the next day. In a future thread I mapped how far apart his previous home was and where the hiker entered the woods.

When I first started reading about the case, I was extremely skeptical about the role of a boat because of the difficulty of getting a body to the lake but I am beginning to think that it was likely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back