Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bahahaaaaaaaa!!!! Go Bell County! I'm sure that pi**ed CM off big time! Thought he was going to be star of the show and narrative!

But he wasn’t trying to escape. The shackles just fell off of him. And he just found himself in a trash can. He had NOTHING to do with it. o_O
I do so wish he had tried to run after he was discovered hiding in the garbage. Would have given those nice doggies some fun and a little exercise. Woof! Woof!

Does that mean she will continue acting as a U.S. Army staff sergeant? :eek:

Assault rifle allegedly hidden in Army office of wife of Texas double-murder suspect

[...]

McDonough’s attorney, R.J. Winter, said that McDonough is a staff sergeant with the U.S. Army, which will keep close tabs on her. He also noted that McDonough has no criminal history in asking for a personal recognizance bond.

District Judge Geoffrey Nolan ended up lowering McDonough’s bond from $75,000 to $10,000 cash or surety. He also ordered her to be monitored by a GPS tether.

[...]

A bit disappointed in the bail reduction. Because of the length of time that she’s been involved with CM, she probably knows where many of his skeletons are buried - both figuratively and literally. MOO

If she does know info about more of CMs criminal activities, I hope LE has her cooperating. She could really help if she’d do so. I’d imagine that list would be quite lengthy. jmo

Her loyalties would have to change quite a bit in order for her to help. Think of all the junk she’s tolerated from her “husband” and she’s stayed married. MOO

Her loyalties would have to change quite a bit in order for her to help. Think of all the junk she’s tolerated from her “husband” and she’s stayed married. MOO
Agreed. I mean look at the reason why she was arrested. For having her husband and his pregnant girlfriend staying with her when he was wanted in another state.

From the article:

A suitcase belonging to Ginell McDonough had her husband's IDs and an assault rifle, according to Matt Roberts, chief trial attorney for the Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office.

That revelation was disclosed during a hearing in Muskegon County District Court Wednesday, Feb. 14.

Roberts told District Judge Geoffrey Nolan the suitcase was "concealed" in McDonough's U.S. Army Reserve office in Muskegon.

Michigan State Police are searching McDonough's electronic devices for anything that might help investigators in Texas.

"There's still forensic evidence that needs to be searched," Roberts said.

Those items include computers, personal items, and other electronic devices.

"To determine what level of involvement if any Mrs. McDonough had in any of Mr. Mark's activities," Roberts added.

The local investigation now includes the discovery of the suitcase.

From the article:

A suitcase belonging to Ginell McDonough had her husband's IDs and an assault rifle, according to Matt Roberts, chief trial attorney for the Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office.

That revelation was disclosed during a hearing in Muskegon County District Court Wednesday, Feb. 14.

Roberts told District Judge Geoffrey Nolan the suitcase was "concealed" in McDonough's U.S. Army Reserve office in Muskegon.

Michigan State Police are searching McDonough's electronic devices for anything that might help investigators in Texas.

"There's still forensic evidence that needs to be searched," Roberts said.

Those items include computers, personal items, and other electronic devices.

"To determine what level of involvement if any Mrs. McDonough had in any of Mr. Mark's activities," Roberts added.

The local investigation now includes the discovery of the suitcase.

"If any"? WTH The man that just killed and buried two people was hiding at her house with his accomplice and his ID's and gun was hidden at her place of employment. I think she is involved.........

Does that mean she will continue acting as a U.S. Army staff sergeant? :eek:

Assault rifle allegedly hidden in Army office of wife of Texas double-murder suspect

[...]

McDonough’s attorney, R.J. Winter, said that McDonough is a staff sergeant with the U.S. Army, which will keep close tabs on her. He also noted that McDonough has no criminal history in asking for a personal recognizance bond.

District Judge Geoffrey Nolan ended up lowering McDonough’s bond from $75,000 to $10,000 cash or surety. He also ordered her to be monitored by a GPS tether.

[...]

I doubt she will be acting as one for long. They have to go through their own court martial procedure and I think it's likely she will end up dishonorably discharged. JMO

Cedric Marks' wife is out of jail

I know something similar has been posted. Wanting to keep this thread alive until justice is served!

On behalf of Jenna’s family, thank you. Justice is a speck in the distance, but for now, we are content with him being behind bars.
It’s possible that his last 9 hours of freedom were spent hiding in a trash can. Rather fitting for a piece of human garbage such as he.

From the article:

“Michael White confirmed he will represent Marks and, if the Bell County District Attorney’s Office elects to seek the death penalty if Marks is convicted, White is already qualified to be second chair.”

What does second chair mean?

From the article:

“Michael White confirmed he will represent Marks and, if the Bell County District Attorney’s Office elects to seek the death penalty if Marks is convicted, White is already qualified to be second chair.”

What does second chair mean?
I think he will not be the lead counsel but maybe a lawyer can chime in?

From ”STANDARDS FOR QUALIFICATION OF ATTORNEYS FOR APPOINTMENT TO DEATH PENALTY CASES PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 26.052, TEXAS CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE, FOR THE THIRD ADMINISTRATIVE JUDICIAL REGION“:

https://www.txcourts.gov/media/587369/standards.pdf

[...]

SECOND CHAIR
An attorney appointed as second chair in the trial of a death penalty case must:
1. Be licensed to have permission to practice in the jurisdiction.
2. Have at least three years of litigation experience in criminal defense.
3. Have experience as lead or co-counsel in jury trials of serious and complex cases that
were tried to completion, or have comparable appellate or post-conviction experience.
4. Be familiar with the requisite court systems.
5. Have significant and continuous training in death penalty litigation.
6. Have demonstrated proficiency to commitment to quality representation.

[...]

[There‘s another section describing the lead counsel]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members