Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Cole Johnson KCEN
Spoke with Marks’ lawyer. He says their relationship is strained because Marks has hired a private investigator. The PI is looking into different aspects of the case. This is the second PI Marks has hired.
@KCENNews

Where the sam heck is this grifter getting money for a PI? Hope the PI looks into aspects of April Pease case too.

I suspect his family??? I recall one article I read last week (when I had a moment in my insanely busy schedule to sit a spell) stated something about his brother visiting him frequently ...

Has anyone come across any information regarding possible “accomplices” besides GM and MM?
Specifically, someone assisting CM with some of the possibly more physically demanding tasks involved in this situation.
MM was 5 months pregnant at the time she looks pretty smallish so doubtful she would be lifting or moving anything remotely heavy. CM is listed at 5’11 175lbs. MMA people tend to be solid but they’re not powerlifters.
If MS & JS were killed at the Killeen residence, they were obviously moved to a vehicle, transported to Clearview, removed from that vehicle, and then placed into the shallow grave.
I realize it’s “possible” he did that alone (particularly in lawyer speak), but with the bizarre cooperation this guy has received it’s a tough sell. Obviously LE is keeping a tight lid on details of the case, but has anyone else thought about another active accomplice or seen any info about this?

I've wondered about this from the get-go--or at least when I found out MM was very short in stature and pregnant. Haven't seen anything about another accomplice though. Doubt anyone will come forward to face the music. MOO

There are certain aspects of this “event” that lead me to believe that at least one other person was involved.
He/she may get away with it while they are alive on this earth, but they WILL have to answer to a Higher Power eventually. Cedric himself may get away with this, but not forever. That is my solace.

Inaugural 5k to Honor Jenna Scott, Michael Swearingin a Success

132 people showed up despite the weather to honor Jenna and Michael. In fact, the rains didn't impact the event at all, which Michael's mother, Debbie, credits to her son and Jenna watching from Heaven.

Community runs 5K in memory of deceased friends

It was great to walk that trail that Jenna and Michael had in the past and have good memories," said Jenna's father Jonathan Scott, who walked the 5K.

While memories were shared, people were also running for a cause, all the funds raised from the run went towards the "Priceless Beginnings" non-profit that was started in Michael and Jenna's honor.

"It's a non-profit that funds children going through a tough time, children that might be in a domestic violence situation," says Annie Hammons who organized the 5K run.

Wednesday, May 22nd:
*Bond Reduction Hearing – (@ 3:30pm CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 3, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK, Jan. 15, 2019) – Only for *Cedric Joseph Marks (44) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. For a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with capital murder of multiple persons, tampering with evidence, interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend. Plead not guilty. $2,016,500 Bond ($16,500 on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250K, the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million & tampering with evidence is $250K).
*Charged & indicted (3/13/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with 1st degree felony burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home). Plead not guilty.
*Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend. Plead not guilty. Trial 6/24/19 for these charges.
Court information from 2/3/19 thru 4/10/19 reference post #710 here: Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019
4/26/19: Arraignment for burglary charges on 4/26. Docket hearing on interfering w/emerg call, etc. on 6/19, trial on 6/24.
4/26/19 Update: Arraignment was postponed as the jail did not know Marks had a hearing today. Moved to 5/10.
5/10/19 Update: Plead not guilty to all charges. Bond motion hearings on 5/17. 5/17/19: Next hearing on 5/22. Could be bond motion hearing.
*Maya Renee Maxwell – Next Pretrial hearing on 5/24.
*Ginell McDonough – Next Pretrial hearing on 5/24.

Capital Murder trial of Cedric Marks is moving forward
The attorney for Capital Murder suspect Cedric Marks says pre-trial hearings will start Friday.

That's what Michael White told FOX44 as the bond hearing for Marks was reset for Wednesday afternoon. District Attorney Henry Garza confirmed the information.

FOX44's Anna Thrash asked Garza if a decision had been made about whether to seek the death penalty for Marks. He said it would be announced at a later time.

[...]

White hopes the state will decide whether they will pursue the death penalty within the next week or two.

"It's starting to strain the relationship I have with Mr. Marks because of him being agitated about not having his own investigator visit with him privately," White says.

Since I can't access that article - stupid EU rules... :rolleyes:

wondering about this part Since I can't see a date for the article.

PommyMommy from article said:
The attorney for Capital Murder suspect Cedric Marks says pre-trial hearings will start Friday.

That's what Michael White told FOX44 as the bond hearing for Marks was reset for Wednesday afternoon. District Attorney Henry Garza confirmed the information.

The Friday they mention - 5/24?
And Wednesday - meaning yesterday 5/22?

TIA! :)

well... I just went to the Bell County court site - and received this message!!

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.bellcountytx.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 5/23/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh www.bellcountytx.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Oh - I see - it is still 5/22 in Texas so I can't access it???!! Never received THIS kind of message....

Author: Jasmin Caldwell, Patrick Mueller
Published:5:07 PM CDT May 22, 2019
Updated:6:17 AM CDT May 23, 2019

BELL COUNTY, Texas — Cedric Marks, the man accused of killing Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin, is speaking out from behind bars. He revealed in a letter to KCEN Channel 6 that Maya Maxwell is pregnant with his child.

Maxwell is the woman who told investigators that Marks killed Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin. She is facing capital murder charges and tampering with evidence related to the case.

Channel 6 sent a letter to Marks on May 13, asking him whether he had anything to do with the murder of Scott and Swearingin. While he did not give a yes or no answer, he did say he knows who harmed Scott, but did not provide a name.

He also said that Maxwell is eight months pregnant with his baby. Marks claimed that Maxwell was receiving threats from her lawyer and he was blocking her mail and visits.

KCEN Channel 6 reached out to Maxwell's attorney, Wade Faulkner.

Faulkner said those claims are false.

“Since being appointed to represent Ms. Maxwell on January 30, I have been working with her on her case," he said. "At no point have I ever threatened her, blocked her from calling anyone, or refused her visits. All of the actions I have taken in Ms. Maxwell's case have been with her consent and have been consistent with her wishes."

Marks wrote in the letter he thinks prosecutors are trying to force Maxwell into a plea deal.

Faulkner said Maxwell was scheduled to appear in court later this week, but that court appearance was moved to June.

In a two page letter, Marks made several accusations against jail staff, attorneys, and police which KCEN Channel 6 can’t substantiate.

Therefore, our newsroom has decided not to post the full letter online.

well... I just went to the Bell County court site - and received this message!!

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.bellcountytx.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 5/23/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh www.bellcountytx.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Oh - I see - it is still 5/22 in Texas so I can't access it???!! Never received THIS kind of message....

I get the same security message, Niner. It is 5/23 in Texas, so that is not the problem. I believe it is an issue with that website and not our computers. MOO.

Since I can't access that article - stupid EU rules... :rolleyes:

wondering about this part Since I can't see a date for the article.

The Friday they mention - 5/24?
And Wednesday - meaning yesterday 5/22?

TIA! :)
I get the same security message, Niner. It is 5/23 in Texas, so that is not the problem. I believe it is an issue with that website and not our computers. MOO.
Sorry, Niner! What Gardener said ^^^. I'll make a note to check it again, though. MOO

Wonder if you could find Maxwell's June hearing date? Probably not, as they only do weeks at a time on there.... TIA! :)
Okay, I grabbed the current week docket lest the site goes haywire again. Marks on page 1 and Maxwell on page 5 (two entries). :)

Attachments

• Bell County District Court Docket.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 18
Friday, May 24th:
*Pretrial Hearing – (@ 8:45am CT) – MI/TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/15/19) – for *Ginell McDonough (Army Staff Sgt.) (37) (Mark’s wife) arrested (1/11/19) for harboring a fugitive & charged with obstruction of justice. $75K bond reduced to $10K, released on bond with GPS monitor.
Maxwell also was hiding out in McDonough’s Michigan home, according to law enforcement officials. McDonough hasn’t been charged yet with a crime in Texas, and she was released from the Michigan jail after her bond was decreased from $75,000 to $10,000.
4/10/19 Update: A pretrial date of April 16 was set in Michigan for harboring fugitives for McDonough, Marks’ wife, who reportedly hid her husband & girlfriend in her Michigan home.
4/16/19 Update: Pretrial hearing continued to 5/24.

Cancelled - TX - For *Maya Renee Maxwell (26) (Mark’s GF) arrested (1/11/19) & extradited from MI to TX (1/16/19), charged (1/16/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. $750K bond.
Maxwell admitted in an arrest affidavit she took Swearingin’s car and drove it to Austin to hide it, was in the house with Marks when he reportedly killed Swearingin and Scott, drove with him to Oklahoma and was there when the bodies were buried.
4/3/19 Update: Indicted with 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. Bond increased to $750K. Retrial hearing on 4/25. Arraignment scheduled on 4/26.
4/26/19 Update: Charged with capital murder of multiple persons. For both counts next hearing on 5/3. 5/3/19 Update: Waives her arraignment. Next pretrial hearing on 5/24.
5/23/19 Update: Per article hearing has been moved to June, but no specific date.

ALSO:
*Hearing – (@ pm CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 3, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK, Jan. 15, 2019) – Only for *Cedric Joseph Marks (44) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. For a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with capital murder of multiple persons, tampering with evidence, interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend. Plead not guilty. $2,016,500 Bond ($16,500 on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250K, the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million & tampering with evidence is $250K).
*Charged & indicted (3/13/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with 1st degree felony burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home). Plead not guilty.
*Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend. Plead not guilty. Trial 6/24/19 for these charges.
Pretrial hearing on 6/19, trial on 6/24-for burglary charge.
Court information from 2/3/19 thru 4/10/19 reference post #710 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019
4/26/19: Arraignment for burglary charges on 4/26. Docket hearing on interfering w/emerg call, etc. on 6/19, trial on 6/24.
4/26/19 Update: Arraignment was postponed as the jail did not know Marks had a hearing today. Moved to 5/10.

5/10/19 Update: Plead not guilty to all charges. Bond motion hearings on 5/17. 5/17/19: Next hearing on 5/22. Could be bond motion hearing.
5/22/19 Update: Article says Marks will be in court on 5/24.

Posted: May 24, 2019 02:39 PM CDT
Updated: May 24, 2019 05:48 PM CDT
“BELL COUNTY, Texas - There are new pre-trial hearing dates for the two people accused of playing a part in the deaths of Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin.

Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza says Maya Maxwell's next court date is June 21, while Cedric Marks's first pre-trial hearing will be June 27.

Both are facing capital murder charges in the deaths of Scott and Swearingin.

[SBM]

Garza has not announced yet whether his office will seek the death penalty.“ (BBM)
New pre-trial dates announced for Cedric Marks, Maya Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member