Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

I don't remember seeing in MSM that her brother said that before leaving Michele said she was going to spend Thanksgiving with someone named Rebecca. They talked about it on the FB page December 1 and did a lot of sleuthing, but I've never seen any more about it. Of course, that doesn't explain the abandoned car, ID and suitcase, unless "Rebecca" was someone she met online who was up to no good.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1001279273333658?view=permalink&id=1002067546588164

I'm currently looking for the article about the car, however, if I remember correctly, he met an officer at the tow yard because the people who found the car and called it in, found it unlocked, with her things still in it- as I'm sure you read. At that point, the officer didn't think there was anything suspicious and let the husband take the car home. I'll post the link when I find it!

<modsnip>

If Michele and her husband had decided to separate or get a divorce, then it could explain why he might seem off to some people. In addition, if she did actually leave, then I can understand the husband being upset with these actions.

<modsnip>

I'm not sure what to think yet, but I do know that mothers can do very unexpected and out of character things.

missingmom_1480543821215_7192487_ver1.0.JPG

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/search-underway-for-local-mom-missing-since-thanksgiving/359591494
Going back to the beginning post. It states on the flier that LE found her vehicle on the 29th. However it had been towed on the 25th.

•Who called in to have the vehicle towed?•

If LE finds an abandoned vehicle I believe they tag it and tow after a week.
ETA listening to the weather channel and wanted to add a disclaimer...depending on where the vehicle is found.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Was she home on Thanksgiving with her family? Did she go out for any reason? Responsible worker, loving mother...was she harboring a deep secret? Besides her husband, did anyone else notice a change or strange behavior? Well grounded, responsible worker, loving mother...did anyone see or suspect that she could have such an altered mental status? What was her husband like? Did she get a bad vibe? Need answers to these questions?

what's going on here?
someone mentioned the power of prayer working again. has she gone missing before? it's not what my gut is telling me but the comment has me wondering.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1001279273333658/

I appreciate another person looking in Michele's "disappearance". She's never gone missing before. Not to my knowledge, or anything I've seen/read. I believe that person was just meaning that, in general, prayers do get answered!

I appreciate another person looking in Michele's "disappearance". She's never gone missing before. Not to my knowledge, or anything I've seen/read. I believe that person was just meaning that, in general, prayers do get answered!

i'm sure you are right.
i wish i didn't feel so bad about this case but i do :(

Do we know if the police have checked any surveillance videos anywhere for signs of her close to the time that she went missing? Is there any surveillance near where her car was found to show who left it there?

<modsnip>

I just wanted to go thru all that had been posted again and just see if something really sticks out to me or others. Everyone I am sure has some thoughts sadly.
It seems right now to be just a watch and wait. I hope it doesn't stay this way.

Michelle's facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Cheley.Roode

Interesting comment towards the top under the posting of this flyer from SB about when this pic of michelle was taken for the SAPD missing flyer.
b7e0a3976337880a7b5c590688d5dead.jpg

who throws their phone away then leaves? especially a mother?
i hope LE is paying attention.

who throws their phone away then leaves? especially a mother?
i hope LE is paying attention.

I hope LE is considering all possible scenarios. But mothers do lots worse things than leaving, as we all know from various threads. My own grandmother left when my mother was six months old and her sister was three in 1912. It was said she no longer loved my grandfather and never wanted children. She was a woman of means and later tried unsuccessfully to get them back. I think there was abuse because I know my grandfather was abusive to my mother, but who knows the whole story?

I learned from this that mothers can do very unexpected things for unknown reasons, so I don't usually suspect the husband right away unless there is something glaring. I'm not seeing anything here.
JMO

Michelle's facebook

Interesting comment towards the top under the posting of this flyer from SB about when this pic of michelle was taken for the SAPD missing flyer.

It was asked if anyone had seen Michelle's hair short and colored orangish besides hubby.
The above was the last one taken on the day she left. Not seeing it too orangey, nor blue in it. Possibly poor quality of the flyer.

Michelle's facebook

I'm confused about her hair-- what color and what length was it the last time she was seen?
The words say "collar length" but to me that means hair just above the shoulders--or hitting at the collar bone. But that pic looks like her hair is either pulled back loosely or is chopped short above the ears like a pixie bob cut.

I'm confused about her hair-- what color and what length was it the last time she was seen?
The words say "collar length" but to me that means hair just above the shoulders--or hitting at the collar bone. But that pic looks like her hair is either pulled back loosely or is chopped short above the ears like a pixie bob cut.

To me collar length would be where a collar would sit, about mid neck. I agree that her hair looks much shorter than my idea of collar length.

What are the secret ways of finding out if your loved one is in one of these facilities?

I understand and agree with not being able to probe or meddle, but it would be nice to at least know WHERE someone is so unnecessary searches, stress, fear and pain can be avoided. The cost to LE must be considered as well.

The only way is through the police or getting lots of attention on case through SM or news. In the case of missing people or someone wanted, it can be released to police. But an everyday employee would not be releasing or calling police, that's handled by top admins of hospital, grounds to be fired for employees to release information even to police.

I've only ever worked at short term facilities, average stay is 1-2 weeks. I've never answered phones, so no idea if police call looking for information on a regular basis. If they do call though through training I know those calls would be sent to top admins.

My experience with it the average worker would not know someone was missing, unless they followed true crime, lol. If someone has a known mental background the police really do little on those cases anyways, the news is also not very interested, so little public knowledge that the person is missing.

The last facility I worked at Admin spent lots of time going over legal stuff on the 2 cases I'm aware of. On top of that facility is owned by much larger out of state company. So Admin spent time on legal stuff also with them. By the time they were aware and went through their legal stuff, time was just about up for patients at facility.

My disclaimer on this, is this is my experience only working in short term only facilities in my area. I have no idea how it's done elsewhere or for other types of facilities.

I agree that there is a lot of missing info. Very frustrating! For example, it was stated that her co workers noticed a change in her behavior. Can somebody elaborate?Nobody really knows..was she taking antidepressants? Maybe that is something she kept to herself. What exactly was the conversation she had with her mother? Maybe there is stuff they don't want to let out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back