Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

She was on leave since the beginning of this school term, I believe. Still, there could be work-related issues maybe.

She had a full hysterectomy at the beginning of June, so could still be on leave from that. It could take a couple of months to recover from, and if it has also somehow inflamed any hormone and/or metal health issues, then I can understand her not being back at work as of September.

Did her husband or LE disclose that she’s bipolar? If not, who did?
AFAIK, no one has disclosed a specific diagnosis. Her husband has only said…

"She has never had an episode where she disappeared," husband Michael Reynolds said. "We've had bouts of mental health issued [sic] before but we've been working through this for 10, 12, 14 years, but never to this extent."

However, a few of us have shared our own struggles and experiences with various types of mental illness. I apologize if my posts caused any confusion.

It's approx 350 miles between her home in Texas and New Orleans, LA.
So, at some point she must have stopped for gas and food....and to sleep.

So she must have her debit or credit card on her then.

That makes me a bit hopeful for her situation.

Unless she left her bank cards in the car before it was taken to the Lexus dealer.

Hmmm....

It's approx 350 miles between her home in Texas and New Orleans, LA.
So, at some point she must have stopped for gas and food....and to sleep.

So she must have her debit or credit card on her then.

That makes me a bit hopeful for her situation.

Unless she left her bank cards in the car before it was taken to the Lexus dealer.

Hmmm....
According to post #21 in the thread by @SherryLock, all her items were in the car:
350 miles should be doable in a NX 300 AWD, though she would have less than 2 gallons left in a 15.9 gal tank.
Gas Mileage of 2018 Lexus NX
What we don't know is, did Michelle fill up the day before she left? Totally normal, no one would ever suspect she would be going on a long journey. We also don't know (or at least I never read) how much gas was left when the car was recovered.
MOO YMMV

ETA: there is the problem of sustenance and emptying, but perhaps her state of mind, plus any meds she may have been on, kept her going without nourishment. Remember, caffeine doesn't necessarily mean coffee. MOO

Last edited:
Every day I pop on here and hope Michelle has been found safely. I suffer from depression myself (if that is indeed what she has) but have never had a mental break or been in a fugue state. I just hope that, above all, she’s somewhere safe and will be found and given the help she needs to make it back to her family.

Well....I'm very concerned for this poor woman and her family. I imagine the husband had as much hesitancy about moving the car as we did. It seems initially he kept it there for some time and then finally had it moved to a dealership....hoping they are accessing some of the black box or GPS info to tell the story of her trip. My initial concerns of the fine line LE walks when it comes to a missing person always concern me in a circumstance where her mental health has only recently been determined to leave her vulnerable and unable to care for herself.

Although we do not know her specific diagnosis...I suspect something more in tune with psychosis or fugue state rather than depression. Considering the manic state of bipolar 1...it is very possible this woman hasn't slept since the day she disappeared. I'm very concerned about whether she is eating or caring for herself at all...as we see she is in the same clothes as the day she left and appears disheveled.

How unfortunate that she was somehow led to a city with a very concerning violent crime rate. I'm hoping Tim Miller can do what he is best at and find her before anything devastating occurs. It seems she has a very loving community and family anxiously hoping for her return. I'm very concerned that there hasn't been any additional sightings confirmed...

I wonder what led her to drive to New Orleans?

If she wanted to disappear into a big city, Houston isn't far from where she lives.

Maybe she needed to drive further.....perhaps there was a subconscious urge to get away.

But she didn't choose Dallas or San Antonio or even up into Oklahoma.

Perhaps she didn't want to go too far, just far enough to feel 'away'.

I'm glad her car made it to New Orleans though, and didn't run out of gas on the middle of a deserted road somewhere.

But NOLA has huge problems with crime and if all her belongings (including bank cards) were found in the car, then that's worrying.

If she had her debit card, I'd be happier.

Plus, then LE could get a paper trail of where she'd been.....

MOO.

I wonder what led her to drive to New Orleans?

If she wanted to disappear into a big city, Houston isn't far from where she lives.

Maybe she needed to drive further.....perhaps there was a subconscious urge to get away.

But she didn't choose Dallas or San Antonio or even up into Oklahoma.

Perhaps she didn't want to go too far, just far enough to feel 'away'.

I'm glad her car made it to New Orleans though, and didn't run out of gas on the middle of a deserted road somewhere.

But NOLA has huge problems with crime and if all her belongings (including bank cards) were found in the car, then that's worrying.

If she had her debit card, I'd be happier.

Plus, then LE could get a paper trail of where she'd been.....

MOO.
I speculate she had a remaining connection in NOLA she was seeking. I usually form an opinion quickly on whether the subject of the thread is still living, or deceased. In this case, I have not. I think given her unexpected actions this could be a self imposed exit, but I equally feel she could have “escaped” to a place/person of refuge.
If forced to chose ATM, I would lean to the latter speculation.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I'm wondering why only one very unclear video and one photo of Michelle in New Orleans have surfaced after two weeks (and none of her in Alvin or on the way to New Orleans).

It's not like New Orleans is some little podunk place where you wouldn't expect a zillion surveillance cameras. And it's not like her missing hasn't been highly publicized.

Tbh it makes me wonder if the little bit of footage we have seen is reliable enough to go on, to assume Michelle was ever even in New Orleans.

I also wonder how someone in such a confused mental state, as it seems Michelle was thought to be in, would be capable of driving the six-seven hours from Alvin, TX to New Orleans.

Paraphrasing from Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch, maybe all we know for sure at this point is that Michelle is missing.

Is anyone knowledgeable about surveillance cameras, LE or etc., who could shed more light?

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. I'm wondering that too.
I'm not sure that NOLA LE is actively treating this case as a missing person...hence, I'm not sure how many resources are being utilized to find her. This would include monitoring and continually reviewing surveillance footage. Many of the efforts were initially the family and Texas EquuSearch, but I haven't seen any updates from EquuSearch (since 9/30) that they are still in the area searching.

Even from the EquuSearch site, per below, they don't even mention NOLA LE as a source to report if you see her or have information.

If you have seen Michelle Reynolds since her reported disappearance, if you know of her current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning Michelle’s disappearance, please call the Brazoria County Sheriff’s Office at (281) 331-9000 or Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

I'm not sure that NOLA LE is actively treating this case as a missing person...hence, I'm not sure how many resources are being utilized to find her. This would include monitoring and continually reviewing surveillance footage. Many of the efforts were initially the family and Texas EquuSearch, but I haven't seen any updates from EquuSearch (since 9/30) that they are still in the area searching.

Even from the EquuSearch site, per below, they don't even mention NOLA LE as a source to report if you see her or have information.

If you have seen Michelle Reynolds since her reported disappearance, if you know of her current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning Michelle’s disappearance, please call the Brazoria County Sheriff’s Office at (281) 331-9000 or Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.
TES is so on the ball. They must know something we don’t.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Michelle's brother Chris Townsend posted to the Facebook search page today.
SUMMARY:
TOOK NO CASH/CARDS
SLEPT IN HOMELESS TENT 1ST NIGHT
NO VIDEO SINCE 9/23
HOSPITALS CHECKED
SHELTERS CHECKED
BUSES, CRUISES, FLIGHTS, AMTRAK CHECKED

His post:
This has been a Roller Coaster of emotions for us, and everyone involved. We have not posted or responded to any information up to this point, as to not interfere with any ongoing investigation, but at this point, we need help!!

Hoping this post will bring a new idea, interest, someone willing to check cameras they may have access to, just anything to help bring Michelle Townsend Reynolds home.

Brazoria County Sheriffs Dept, Louisiana State Police, and Texas Eqqusearch, along with family and friends have extensively been involved in searching for Michelle.

Two weeks in, and NOT ONE CALL or COMMUNICATION from N.O.P.D. They do not answer the phone and have not returned one message requesting them to do so.

We do not believe Michelle intended to become a “missing person”

We do not believe she took any previous action or steps to plan to leave, we think this was a spur of the moment decision to go to New Orleans, and we do not know “WHY”.

Facts:

She is a card person, normally has very little cash on her

Her wallet, drivers license, cards, etc were found in her car, along with her cell phone.

All devices she would have access to, including her children’s, have been looked at. No searches, emails, texts, messenger, facetime, no dating sites, no calls, no facebook, nothing out of the ordinary.

All hospitals have been checked

Amtrak, bus line, city bus, airline, cruises have been checked

All bank and credit transactions have been researched, nothing. She had access to cash at the bank, no withdrawals. Credit was pulled, no new cards issued.

All shelters have been checked, non-profit networks, nothing.

Timeline of what we know:

She did park her car about noon on Friday 9/23 at the corner of St. Joseph and S Peters St.

The picture circulating of her was taken a little before 4:00pm Friday 9/23 at the corner of Constance St and Poeyfarre St, from a camera on the WWII Memorial parking garage. (We do not know where the time went in between, it appears to be a 20 min walk or so.)

About ten minutes later, she is seen on camera at Sidecar Patio and Oyster Bar/Rusty Nail, orders a glass of water, uses their restroom, and that’s the last confirmed video sighting of her.

Around 4:00, she confronts inhabitants of a tent just behind the restaurant and states that she needs a place to stay, and they offered a tent. They shared cheese/crackers and water, and she only stated her name and gave no other details. They report she had chewing gum and menthol cigarettes with her(she does smoke menthol cigarettes)

The tent is along Calliope St, between Magazine St and Annunciation St. They state she left early morning Saturday 9/24.

A few days later they called stating they found her shirt in the tent, and that there is a black t-shirt missing, that is why it is reported that she may have changed into a black t-shirt. Police have the shirt.

So, the video from the restaurant at 4:00 is the last known video of her, Friday 23rd

Please help, please assist, any information at this point would be a blessing. It is unbelievable to me that we know a date and a time of her last sighting, and after all this time, there is “no new information”. I just don’t see how that is possible, given the technology and cameras all around the area.

If you know something, please say something.

SUMMARY:
TOOK NO CASH/CARDS
NO VIDEO SINCE 9/23
HOSPITALS CHECKED
SHELTERS CHECKED

His post:
This has been a Roller Coaster of emotions for us, and everyone involved. We have not posted or responded to any information up to this point, as to not interfere with any ongoing investigation, but at this point, we need help!!

Hoping this post will bring a new idea, interest, someone willing to check cameras they may have access to, just anything to help bring Michelle Townsend Reynolds home.

Brazoria County Sheriffs Dept, Louisiana State Police, and Texas Eqqusearch, along with family and friends have extensively been involved in searching for Michelle.

Two weeks in, and NOT ONE CALL or COMMUNICATION from N.O.P.D. They do not answer the phone and have not returned one message requesting them to do so.

We do not believe she took any previous action or steps to plan to leave, we think this was a spur of the moment decision to go to New Orleans, and we do not know “WHY”.

Facts:

Her wallet, drivers license, cards, etc were found in her car, along with her cell phone.

All devices she would have access to, including her children’s, have been looked at. No searches, emails, texts, messenger, facetime, no dating sites, no calls, no facebook, nothing out of the ordinary.

All bank and credit transactions have been researched, nothing. She had access to cash at the bank, no withdrawals. Credit was pulled, no new cards issued.

She did park her car about noon on Friday 9/23 at the corner of St. Joseph and S Peters St.

The picture circulating of her was taken a little before 4:00pm Friday 9/23 at the corner of Constance St and Poeyfarre St, from a camera on the WWII Memorial parking garage. (We do not know where the time went in between, it appears to be a 20 min walk or so.)

About ten minutes later, she is seen on camera at Sidecar Patio and Oyster Bar/Rusty Nail, orders a glass of water, uses their restroom, and that’s the last confirmed video sighting of her.

Around 4:00, she confronts inhabitants of a tent just behind the restaurant and states that she needs a place to stay, and they offered a tent. They shared cheese/crackers and water, and she only stated her name and gave no other details. They report she had chewing gum and menthol cigarettes with her(she does smoke menthol cigarettes)

The tent is along Calliope St, between Magazine St and Annunciation St. They state she left early morning Saturday 9/24.

A few days later they called stating they found her shirt in the tent, and that there is a black t-shirt missing, that is why it is reported that she may have changed into a black t-shirt. Police have the shirt.

So, the video from the restaurant at 4:00 is the last known video of her, Friday 23rd

Please help, please assist, any information at this point would be a blessing. It is unbelievable to me that we know a date and a time of her last sighting, and after all this time, there is “no new information”. I just don’t see how that is possible, given the technology and cameras all around the area.

Thanks for sharing....a lot of good information to help better understand her last known location and movement patterns. Based on this new info, Michelle seems to have concentrated in this one area, just blocks from where her vehicle was found. Was this intentional? Or was this just randomly walking? She did have the faculties to stop at a restaurant to use the restroom and get some water and seek shelter at a homeless camp.

Thanks for sharing....a lot of good information to help better understand her last known location and movement patterns. Based on this new info, Michelle seems to have concentrated in this one area, just blocks from where her vehicle was found. Was this intentional? Or was this just randomly walking? She did have the faculties to stop at a restaurant to use the restroom and get some water and seek shelter at a homeless camp.

It seems notable that she asked for shelter at a homeless camp rather than return to her car to sleep in it. Personally, I think I'd be more comfortable sleeping in my own locked car than a homeless camp. Perhaps this indicates she wasn't thinking clearly and/or forgot that her own car was nearby.

Her brother Chris also posted the only photo that has been circulating since her disappearance caught by a camera on the street. The quality of this photo is visibly better than the initial photo released. IMO, she doesn’t look in distress, confused or incoherent.

Based on the fact she had cigarettes, gum, her car keys, she locked her car, ordered a glass of water, used the restroom and told the homeless people in the tent behind the restaurant that she needed a place to stay makes me believe she was in her right state of mind. Her husband never mentioned the nature of her illness, but she could have suffered from severe depression and just felt the need to get away from it all to decompress.

I think something may have happened like an argument before she left to get food that may have triggered her to drive all the way to NOLA. I think she is alive and she will be found soon.C6442A47-FBC9-4D94-8A93-B545742B37A2.jpeg

Last edited:
SUMMARY:
TOOK NO CASH/CARDS
NO VIDEO SINCE 9/23
HOSPITALS CHECKED
SHELTERS CHECKED

His post:

Facts:

Wow, great find, WingsOverTexas. The first update in days.

Do you know if the two additional videos were posted in that FB group or anywhere else? (I'm not on FB).

Or what police department has Michelle's shirt or who told Michelle's brother that?

I wonder why none of that info. has been given out by any of the official entities involved (3 law enforcement agencies and Texas Equusearch) or the newspapers.

Last edited:
...I think something may have happened like an argument before she left to get food that may have triggered her to drive all the way to NOLA...
I wouldn't be surprised either if there was more to this. I could also definitely see anyone not wanting to air any more of their personal business than necessary to the general public, even if it wasn't anything horrible.

I saw something elsewhere online last night that stayed on my mind. It was that we all have three selves: The public self, the private self and the secret self. No idea if or how it applies here but just thought it was interesting...

Last edited:
Wow, great find, WingsOverTexas. The first update in days.

Do you know if the two additional videos were posted in that FB group or anywhere else? (I'm not on FB).

Or what police department has Michelle's shirt or who told Michelle's brother that?

I wonder why none of that info. has been given out by any of the official entities involved (3 law enforcement agencies and Texas Equusearch) or the newspapers.
I am unfamiliar with there being two other videos & am not seeing any videos on the Facebook search page.

Some people are watching this live cam in hopes of seeing her:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back