TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it wasn't going to be a convers. Aation. You don't bring a loaded weapon to a round table.

Sadly I think some things worked in her favor. Her boyfriend dropped MW off and left. The downstairs guy opened the garage door, possibly at the exact moment shots were fired. And again, her boyfriend had just left. IMO that led to the opportunity for KA to gain entry to the apartment. MW hadn't already entered or she had entered but thought it was C.

I think KA knew exactly what she planned to do. Came, killed, left. With about zero thought about the fall out. Frankly I don't think she cared about the fall out. She was hyper focused IMO on the result.

I hope the Marshalls bring her home. Soon. Alive. To face what she's done.

May justice be swift.

JMO
Agreed.

One thought about the white Jeep information being released now is perhaps law enforcement already knew and it was sold last week, so they released the information so that the new owner (IF sold) wasn't flagged by citizen's reporting them. (MOO)

Truth- all the evidence points to her killing her rival exactly the way police say in the arrest documents. However, I am with the parents- Pure unadulterated speculation...the story is almost too cliche to be true. An intelligent person with no history of violence shows up at exactly the right time to catch her rival alone, makes no efforts not to be caught on cameras, shoots her rival with her own registered gun that she then takes back to her own house, puts it right where police can easily find it, then stays right there so she can be caught, and then an anonymous tipster conveniently turns her in shortly afterward. If she needed to escape, why not run right away? She couldn't possibly have thought she wouldn't be the #1 suspect. And this same person is intelligent enough to evade Federal Marshals for over a month now leaving no trace? Something does not add up to me anyway.

Well, with the gun. First, to be honest, we know zilch about her legal history. Including violence. All we know is what CS or his friend David said, but they may not know her history in full. KA knew she had a misdemeanor on her record (for Botox-and-run), but I don’t think it would have been an issue. I looked at CGP form in my state. I assume they are, essentially, the same. I noticed a couple of other questions where we have no clue what KA would have said,

I think KA showed at MW’s (C’s) place the day before she killed MW. Reconnaissance, I think. Maybe she doesn’t know much about cameras, maybe the cameras were mounted in an unusual place. But - it seems to be preplanned.
But in this particular case?
probably, tons of places where it won’t be ever checked? JMO

Last edited:
Well, with the gun. First, to be honest, we know zilch about her legal history. Including violence. All we know is what CS or his friend David said, but they may not know her history in full. KA knew she had a misdemeanor on her record (for Botox-and-run), but I don’t think it would have been an issue. I looked at CGP form in my state. I assume they are, essentially, the same. I noticed a couple of other questions where we have no clue what KA would have said,

I think KA showed at MW’s (C’s) place the day before she killed MW. Reconnaissance, I think. Maybe she doesn’t know much about cameras, maybe the cameras were mounted in an unusual place. But - it seems to be preplanned.

probably, tons of places where it won’t be ever checked? JMO
So to your thinking she will never be found….

I agree 100%. As soon as I learned that the murder warrant came out the night before she was dropped at Newark Liberty International Airport, I realized that the sister, who would have done anything legally to help Kaitlin, was obviously unwilling to face federal prison time for aiding and abetting a fugitive from justice. And for good reason. I’m sure Kaitlin agreed.

And I’m sure Christine wasn’t burdened by KA with information about what her plans were. And I’m sure the US Marshals know all of this.

I don’t know if she took her sister’s documents, or which one. I wonder if they’ve traced anything under that name? What do you think?
Yes. I think she hid out in NY State up the Hudson River for a few days considering options. I think she then flew out of EWR to Southeast Asia with her sister’s ID, and I think the US Marshals know this and she is in a country with no extradition.

Yes. I think she hid out in NY State up the Hudson River for a few days considering options. I think she then flew out of EWR to Southeast Asia with her sister’s ID, and I think the US Marshals know this and she is in a country with no extradition.
Even without extradition, though, couldn’t they allow US Marshals to come in and arrest her, because she’s violating immigration regulations by being a murderer, or wanted internationally for murder?

Even without extradition, though, couldn’t they allow US Marshals to come in and arrest her, because she’s violating immigration regulations by being a murderer, or wanted internationally for murder?
The lack of an extradition treaty would cover arrests simply for being wanted for murder.

My guess that a country with out an extradition treaty arresting somebody for violating immigration regulations, then deporting them to their country of origin is a possibility.

In the end, I think it would depend on the individual country, how highly the US prioritizes say, a "diplomatic interest" in the fugit- no, uhmm.... "illegal immigrant", whether the person can be found easily, and whether the person is considered by the other country to be a problem person criminality wise, social services burden etc.

The lack of an extradition treaty would cover arrests simply for being wanted for murder.

My guess that a country with out an extradition treaty arresting somebody for violating immigration regulations, then deporting them to their country of origin is a possibility.

In the end, I think it would depend on the individual country, how highly the US prioritizes say, a "diplomatic interest" in the fugit- no, uhmm.... "illegal immigrant", whether the person can be found easily, and whether the person is considered by the other country to be a problem person criminality wise, social services burden etc.
Yes, I did see an interview where a U.S. Marshal had said that where there is no extradition treaty, there are still the immigration laws. Being wanted for murder is almost always a violation. Deportation would be in order, but as you say, it’s a matter of finding the fugitive and getting the other country to care enough to act.

If KA did in fact flee to Indonesia where she has business ties, this would be the only hope of getting her back to stand trial. I wonder if they’re thinking along these lines now….

Unless KA fled to a country known to give safe haven to terrorists and violent criminals, I believe she would be returned to the US once federal authorities showed compelling evidence of her crime, which I think they probably have. It is one thing to refuse to extradite someone wanted for some high-dollar robbery white-collar crime, but I do not believe that most peace-loving people would want to harbor a cold-blooded killer inside their country. It certainly would involve more red tape that getting her back from a country that has an extradition treaty with us, and may require some quid pro quo offer, but I believe chances are very good that she would be turned over. JMO

Unless KA fled to a country known to give safe haven to terrorists and violent criminals, I believe she would be returned to the US once federal authorities showed compelling evidence of her crime, which I think they probably have. It is one thing to refuse to extradite someone wanted for some high-dollar robbery white-collar crime, but I do not believe that most peace-loving people would want to harbor a cold-blooded killer inside their country.
I agree completely. Few countries want to become known as the "go to" country for violent criminals. In the end, once the fugitives run out of money, or get stressed, drunk, drugged etc. the next victim is going to be a local citizen.

And if you let one such fugitive stay, more come- some bringing family where apples dont fall far from trees. I suspect that the main hindrance to KA's arrest in say, Indonesia would be..... We dont have the resources to actively look for her. But... if you can trace her to a location, we will arrest her.

I bet most countries even have little enforced, but still existing laws stating that concealing information about criminal issues automatically voids any visa they issued.

Last edited:
Unless KA fled to a country known to give safe haven to terrorists and violent criminals, I believe she would be returned to the US once federal authorities showed compelling evidence of her crime, which I think they probably have. It is one thing to refuse to extradite someone wanted for some high-dollar robbery white-collar crime, but I do not believe that most peace-loving people would want to harbor a cold-blooded killer inside their country. It certainly would involve more red tape that getting her back from a country that has an extradition treaty with us, and may require some quid pro quo offer, but I believe chances are very good that she would be turned over. JMO
I’m glad you’ve confirmed that. Because I’m starting to believe, with her business tie in Indonesia, that KA would likely choose to go there, rather than hanging out in the US where the US Marshals are engaged in a manhunt for her.

I’m glad you’ve confirmed that. Because I’m starting to believe, with her business tie in Indonesia, that KA would likely choose to go there, rather than hanging out in the US where the US Marshals are engaged in a manhunt for her.
I wonder what island her business was on?

Bali has the highest proportion of western tourists and western expatriates, some legally living in Indonesia and probably others who never went home after visiting as tourists.

Bali is also Indonesia's only Hindu majority island. Thus, it has a more relaxed attitude (that some drunk, drugged 'n anything goes type tourists still manage to exceed) than Indonesia's Muslim majority areas. The totality of a long established western presence, infrastructure, and tourists could make Bali a natural destination for KA.

If so, the Island is also relatively small. Even with alot of westerners including expatriates with varying legality regarding visas, she might be easy to locate there if the police make a concentrated effort.

There are also Christian majority areas, but I believe most of these are tribal areas and thus probably do not have alot of semi western infrastructure, readily available creature comforts etc.

As a side note, Indonesia has gotten less unified in recent generations due to ethnic / religious conflicts and social differences (usually between areas where conservative Islam dominates and those practicing the one time traditional "Islam light").

The end result, is that more regions have been given local autonomy in regards to internal matters. So, finding KA on Bali might involve the island government and local police more than federal police.

Last edited:
I wonder what island her business was on?

Bali has the highest proportion of western tourists and western expatriates, some legally living in Indonesia and probably others who never went home after visiting as tourists.

Bali is also Indonesia's only Hindu majority island. Thus, it has a more relaxed attitude (that some drunk, drugged 'n anything goes type tourists still manage to exceed) than Indonesia's Muslim majority areas. The totality of a long established western presence, infrastructure, and tourists could make Bali a natural destination for KA.

If so, the Island is also relatively small. Even with alot of westerners including expatriates with varying legality regarding visas, she might be easy to locate there if the police make a concentrated effort.

There are also Christian majority areas, but I believe most of these are tribal areas and thus probably do not have alot of semi western infrastructure, readily available creature comforts etc.

As a side note, Indonesia has gotten less unified in recent generations due to ethnic / religious conflicts and social differences (usually between areas where conservative Islam dominates and those practicing the one time traditional "Islam light").

The end result, is that more regions have been given local autonomy in regards to internal matters. So, finding KA on Bali might involve the island government and local police more than federal police.

Given the small size of Bali and the presence of a number of U.S. expats, it is also possible that someone who keeps up with U.S. news would be interested in the reward money, and recognize KA in the expat community.

Given the small size of Bali and the presence of a number of U.S. expats, it is also possible that someone who keeps up with U.S. news would be interested in the reward money, and recognize KA in the expat community.
That’s a good point. I do recall years ago ( but unfortunately can’t remember details) seeing a program about a case where an American fled to another country, was recognized by an American, and turned in.

I was also thinking if she were there and getting back into the business or teaching yoga, that someone who looks at online news and stories frequently, might recognize her and do similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305