TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
American Airlines has two nonstop flights daily from San Jose, Costa Rica to Dallas, TX.

11:12 am and 3:18 pm departure.

The first flight has already landed in DFW

United Airlines has two nonstop flights daily from San Jose, Costa Rica to Houston, TX

There should be no problem for the US Marshals to serve the warrant and extradite her from Costa Rica today.

However, with the staffing problems in US airlines over this holiday weekend, actually finding seats on the places back may be a bigger problem. I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't returned until next week, being hosted in a San Jose jail cell by the Costa Rican government.

Last edited:
The fraudulent passport and flight with a lot of cash, for now, points to a carefully planned crime with a lot of preparation. It is difficult to imagine a flight like this, along with plastic surgery, as an impulsive crime. The choice of destination, travel arrangements, the passport, and enough cash to live for an extended period appears to show planning that would have taken months, IMO.

Yay!

Costa Rica?!?!?
Weirdly enough, Costa Rica was my guess about a month ago. I take a lot of yoga classes and there's always talk about yoga retreats in Costa Rica, to the point where it seems like every yoga retreat is being held in Costa Rica. Which meant (to me) that she's likely been there before and thinks she can blend in with the international traveler/yoga crowd.

My thinking later evolved to believing that the Newark stop was just a decoy, and she went back north and crossed into Canada.

But man, she really was that dumb. Pretty consistent with all of her other dumb/traceable (not to mention evil) actions.

I'm curious if the death penalty will be sought...

They are saying she used a fraudulent passport, so she wouldn't have been detected on the flight manifests. Wonder about the cameras, though.
I'm wondering what is meant by "fraudulent passport." But as you said, what about the cameras. After they knew she was dropped off at the airport, certainly they would have been looking at camera footage. Why did it take so long?

well, she looks nearly identical to her sister, and she likely had both her sister's passport and driver's license....
I am assuming that by "fraudulent" passport, they mean "stolen" passport. But even that begs a few questions. Wouldn't the Marshals have checked for tickets in her sister's name?

I think once they were able to identify that she went to Costa Rica (how they did that I am not sure), the dominos started to fall pretty quickly.
I bet her sister spilled the beans weeks ago under threat of criminal prosecution herself, but LE kept the destination to themselves so as to not tip off KA that she needs to go into "deeper" hiding

I am assuming that by "fraudulent" passport, they mean "stolen" passport. But even that begs a few questions. Wouldn't the Marshals have checked for tickets in her sister's name?
I think when they said there were “no flights booked under the name of Kaitlin Armstrong in the flight manifests” they were implying that they had found one under Christine Armstrong’s name. I think she was being watched and tailed in Costa Rica while they talked with her sister.

US MARSHALS PRESS CONFERENCE:

In this video, the US Marshal says the passport was not fraudulent and was a legitimate passport issued to someone else "that she used because she looked very similar to that specific individual." Well, I think we can read between the lines here and guess whose passport she used.

She also dyed her hair dark brown and cut it shoulder length. When she was apprehended, she had a bandage over her nose which she said was from a recent surfing accident.

ETA: The US Marshal also says that KA signed a log-in book at a yoga studio in Costa Rica under the same alias she was traveling under.

Last edited:
American Airlines has two nonstop flights daily from San Jose, Costa Rica to Dallas, TX.

11:12 am and 3:18 pm departure.

The first flight has already landed in DFW

United Airlines has two nonstop flights daily from San Jose, Costa Rica to Houston, TX

There should be no problem for the US Marshals to serve the warrant and extradite her from Costa Rica today.

However, with the staffing problems in US airlines over this holiday weekend, actually finding seats on the places back may be a bigger problem. I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't returned until next week, being hosted in a San Jose jail cell by the Costa Rican government.
She is still in Costa Rica. In Costa Rican custody apparently. There will need to be some legal hoops to jump through to bring her back. But I don't think it will take long.

I think when they said there were “no flights booked under the name of Kaitlin Armstrong in the flight manifests” they were implying that they had found one under Christine Armstrong’s name. I think she was being watched and tailed in Costa Rica while they talked with her sister.
The Marshals say they only learned of this passport usage earlier this week. I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't the sister's passport.

Costa freakin' Rica?

I certainly wouldn't have predicted that destination!

I only hope that Moriah's family can get some justice! What a colossal waste - an incredibly brilliant and trailblazing athlete murdered and an obviously smart and savvy businesswoman going to prison for the rest of her life. All for some lying and deceiving guy who didn't deserve either of them.

I will be curious about her explanation and defense.

The Marshals say they only learned of this passport usage earlier this week. I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't the sister's passport.
In the press conference they said she used a legitimate passport issued to someone who KA "looked very similar to." Obviously it isn't confirmed, but given the timeline, I think it's reasonable to assume there is a good chance she used her sister's passport.

In the press conference they said she used a legitimate passport issued to someone who KA "looked very similar to." Obviously it isn't confirmed, but given the timeline, I think it's reasonable to assume there is a good chance she used her sister's passport.
That was my first thought. But right after searching for flights in Kaitlin's name, wouldn't the Marshals have immediately checked for flights in the sister's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82