TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around the 5 minute mark in this interview, US Marshal Filla mentions that KA was taking classes in a certain type of yoga that involved surfing.

Also mentions the bandage on her nose and bruising under her eyes that she said was from a surfboard accident.

Maybe he meant yoga on a paddleboard? It's a thing, and not uncommon! Photo credit (public and free to use): Photo by Tower Paddle Boards on Unsplash

tower-paddle-boards-4dJBmR-L1uk-unsplash.jpg

Last edited:
For what? Felony bad-boyfriend? What conceivably could he be charged with? Not supporting him, just think there’s a lot of misplaced anger toward him on this thread. He may be a creep, but his sins pale considerably when compared to Kaitlin’s.
Agree. I can think of at least one reason he may need a lawyer though. Will KA have legal access to liquidate assets that are shared with CS? She may get a public defender, or she could choose a private attorney.

Well I guess CS will be back in Austin, Tx. soon.
He is, and is telling the press to “please f*ck off”:

No one answered the door Tuesday or Wednesday at the Austin home where Armstrong lived with Strickland, who dropped Wilson off on the night of her murderafter they went out swimming and to dinner behind Armstrong's back, according to the murder warrant. Messages sent to his listed phone number were met with a request to "please f--- off" Thursday.

Colin Strickland seen outside his Austin, Texas, home on June 17, 2022.

Colin Strickland seen outside his Austin, Texas, home on June 17, 2022. (MEGA)

No one answered the door Tuesday or Wednesday at the Austin home where Armstrong lived with Strickland, who dropped Wilson off on the night of her murderafter they went out swimming and to dinner behind Armstrong's back, according to the murder warrant. Messages sent to his listed phone number were met with a request to "please f--- off" Thursday.

He might want to dial down the potty-mouth and anger. It’s not a good look. I’m sure he’s frustrated with the press onslaught, but he’s not helping himself. The media might continue to paint him in a poor light moving forward. Would be in his best interests to be helpful, or just go quiet. Not poke the bear.

JMO

He might want to dial down the potty-mouth and anger. It’s not a good look. I’m sure he’s frustrated with the press onslaught, but he’s not helping himself. The media might continue to paint him in a poor light moving forward. Would be in his best interests to be helpful, or just go quiet. Not poke the bear.

JMO
Right, he should have said something to the effect of being glad that she’s been apprehended, and trusts the justice system to do its job. To say “F — Off” when he’s going to have to testify wasn’t smart.

Strange response for someone in a niche sport whose income depends on having sponsorships

Strange response for someone in a niche sport whose income depends on having sponsorships

Not necessarily. Sometimes being the "bad boy" or telling the status quo to F-off might be seen as positives for garnering sponsorships (depending on the sport & reputation of the sport).

Even so, I think it's not a good look for him. It shows immaturity, imo. In honor of MW, he should take some of his own advice & maybe just stfu. MOO.

It seems to be a generic "trendy" shirt produced by Hurley and not a real business or event.
Where is there a pic of her post capture? I don't see it in the article linked to in thread. Thx

Where is there a pic of her post capture? I don't see it in the article linked to in thread. Thx

In this post:

First, I'm embarrassed to admit to some mixed feelings. I love the thrill of the chase and am left with a feeling of "now what?" I need to constantly remind myself that this is real life and this woman allegedly killed another human.
Second, I haven't read everything but am confused as to how she was caught. I feel like there is one narrative that suggests the Marshals thoroughly checked every yoga clinic in Costa Rica until they found a sign in sheet with her alias. The other narrative is that Costa Rica LE randomly stopped her at a resort (for what - to ask if she was wearing sunscreen?) and they then hit the jackpot when she eventually gave her real name despite being on a Most Wanted list. It all seems so bizarre and I can't quite make sense of it.

First, I'm embarrassed to admit to some mixed feelings. I love the thrill of the chase and am left with a feeling of "now what?" I need to constantly remind myself that this is real life and this woman allegedly killed another human.
Second, I haven't read everything but am confused as to how she was caught. I feel like there is one narrative that suggests the Marshals thoroughly checked every yoga clinic in Costa Rica until they found a sign in sheet with her alias. The other narrative is that Costa Rica LE randomly stopped her at a resort (for what - to ask if she was wearing sunscreen?) and they then hit the jackpot when she eventually gave her real name despite being on a Most Wanted list. It all seems so bizarre and I can't quite make sense of it.

She may for instance have been caught up trying to get a residency permit, which is required if you're planning on being there longer than 90 days.

Agree, the whole story hasn’t come out at all. There was one article mentioning the authorities in Costa Rica stopping her and asking her name and then the name she gave not matching her passport, or something, then she gave her real actual name?

Maybe the Costa Rica authorities, once the U.S. Marshals knew the passport info and contacted them, stopped her after getting the yoga studio lead and seeing the passport alias used there (when she signed in). They may have staked out the yoga places there in order to follow her back to her hostel and confirm exactly where she was staying.

But I think one thing the US Marshal definitely said in the presser was that it was only this week they found that about the passport she had and confirmed that passport was used to go to Costa Rica. Once we know whose passport that was a lot of puzzle pieces may click. I almost doubt it is her sisters because how could it take so long to run that particular passport? But then again..some things in this whole case have been headscratchers (the date of birth error, it took way more than a month to find her Jeep that she sold in Austin, etc.)

This article gives a good overview - ignore the video

Regardless of whether the yoga sign-in sheet resulted in police discovering that there was no record of her entering the country, she was discovered as using the wrong name and questioned further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth