TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
After initially interviewing and having to release KA, I cannot fathom why LE did not keep her under constant surveillance until they could bring charges against her. It had to be very clear to them that she was not only a suspect in the murder of JW, but was very likely THE murderer of MW. JMO
Maybe LE <modsnip> by not arresting Armstrong she'd be more useful moving freely around...obviously, they didn't think she would go missing--they should have at least assigned a tail on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Strickland try to plant the idea that MW was a danger to KA and him after the reconciliation, and that they BOTH needed protection from a vengeful MW?

The only thing that appears to have changed in their lives was that there was a purportedly discarded MW.

I assumed CS moved back into KA's place, so LE should be able to check if there were now different threats in the neighborhood, crime, etc.
Yes, given what we know about Strickland's actions, I definitely wonder about this as well. Did he concoct a ridiculous story about MW to try to placate KA? JMO.

"Why Wilson and Strickland met for a swim and dinner the evening of her murder is a big question mark for me."

Yes, and this was after there were texts from MW to him asking about the status of their relationship, friends or lovers it sounds like, after KA had confronted MW (by text I think) and told MW to stay away from CS because KA was his girlfriend.

According to his statements to media, he left MW's at 8:30 or so, so he wasn't planning to spend the night there, and yet it's called a romantic evening (by someone). MW must have known he was leaving her place to return back to KA.

I would have thought KA would have been more furious at CS than KW.

Messy, messy.
Who knows what CS was telling MW about the status of his relationship with KA? He does not seem trustworthy, to say the least. JMO.

Some of us that knew her in grade/high school and after think that she would have fled the country before committing suicide. She has lived abroad and traveled extensively. Believe it or not, she’s not stupid either. “Snapped” has definitely been used in our convos.

I assume LE would know if she had a passport and if it was missing, also checking her bank accounts for withdrawals, credit card use, etc.

"Why Wilson and Strickland met for a swim and dinner the evening of her murder is a big question mark for me."

Yes, and this was after there were texts from MW to him asking about the status of their relationship, friends or lovers it sounds like, after KA had confronted MW (by text I think) and told MW to stay away from CS because KA was his girlfriend.

According to his statements to media, he left MW's at 8:30 or so, so he wasn't planning to spend the night there, and yet it's called a romantic evening (by someone). MW must have known he was leaving her place to return back to KA.

I would have thought KA would have been more furious at CS than KW.

Messy, messy.
Yes--it is very odd to me too--why didn't she settle the score with Strickland by giving him the ultimatum? Armstrong was clearly more angry with Wilson. I think some women view their relationship with men in terms of competing against other women, rather than seeing the relationship as being independent of another woman's interest in her man or her man's interest in the other woman. Clearly, the "man" in all of this is part of the perverse game.

My suspicion is that CS did not break if off with MW that evening, either. She had flown in on May 10 for a race on May 14. LE have said the texts on her phone confirmed there was still a romantic relationship on her part.

He's had no problem juggling the two of them for almost 5 months.

I wonder why KA and CS broke up and why they reconciled. As a professional athlete, he really needs someone to be doing all the support in his life, like KA. I thought his comments about him not training with her were sort of arrogant "because she can't go at the speed / intensity I need". Of course professional athletes don't train with amateurs. But the way he says it is a put down of her. He just needed her for room & board.

MOO

Last edited:

RSBM and BBM
According to this news article, the home that KA and CS lived in was owned by KA.

"The Austin Police Department issued a search warrant earlier this week in connection with Wilson’s death for a south Austin home owned by a woman with the same name."

If this is correct (and often the media reports incorrect details) then was CS living in KA's home, and what about when they broke up last October and he started a relationship with MW, where was he living then? Did MW know that CS and KA lived together all this time?

And if KA does own the home, and now has disappeared, is it odd that CS is still living there?

And how about their business partnership, with the web page describing KA as the "financial guru" of the business partnership.

Doesn't sound like it would be easy for CS to just walk away from this relationship if he was dependent on KA for finances.

JMO and speculation based on what I am reading in MSM.

According to this news article, the home that KA and CS lived in was owned by KA.

"The Austin Police Department issued a search warrant earlier this week in connection with Wilson’s death for a south Austin home owned by a woman with the same name."

If this is correct (and often the media reports incorrect details) then was CS living in KA's home, and what about when they broke up last October and he started a relationship with MW, where was he living then? Did MW know that CS and KA lived together all this time?

And if KA does own the home, and now has disappeared, is it odd that CS is still living there?

And how about their business partnership, with the web page describing KA as the "financial guru" of the business partnership.

Doesn't sound like it would be easy for CS to just walk away from this relationship if he was dependent on KA for finances.

JMO and speculation based on what I am reading in MSM.
Yes, it will be interesting to see the power dynamics between Armstrong and Strickland as it relates to the murder of Wilson. It does look like she contributed/controlled the home and business assets...but sadly had no control over herself or Strickland leading her to murder Wilson.

From MSM article link above (and reposted below), it sounds like CS bought the two guns in January, around the time that KA found out about the relationship between CS and MW from the fall. See below, BBM.

Strickland and Armstrong got back together shortly after his fling with Wilson but his girlfriend only found out about the one-week dalliance in January.

The Austin American Statesman reported that Armstrong 'became furious and was shaking in anger,' according to a tipster who spoke with police.

<snipped>

Armstrong allegedly told the tipster that she wanted to kill Wilson and that she had either recently purchased a firearm or was going to, according to the affidavit, obtained by Fox 7 Austin.

<snipped>

Strickland told police that he purchased two 9mm handguns for him and Armstrong around this time.

Very weird.

Something else that I think CS is lying about is CC. I think KA knew CC and KA may have even been inside before. I found it odd that LE asked CS rather than CC if KA had been to CC's before. For instance wouldn't it be possible KA thought she was shooting CC instead of KA, especially with how quickly the shooting apparently happened? It would have been awfully risky to go to that apartment to shoot MW without knowing if CC was there as well, which for instance KA might have known CC wasn't there because her vehicle wasn't there but that would mean CS lied about KA knowing CC.

There’s so many exact cases like this. Most recent was a long time married couple, no kids. Husband takes out of state job working at a University in marketing, reporting to a 25 yo. Starts affair. Wife constantly asking if he’s having affair, denies it. Then admits, but says he wants to keep marriage. Yada yada. She kills younger woman and herself. Husband writes a book (poor victim lol).

And of course, let’s not forget Betty Broderick. The patron saint for cheated women.

KA is no different than these other killers. Instead of washing her hands of the undeserving cad she’s living with, she goes off the rails. Now her life is over too, regardless of the outcome (suicide or conviction).

Some of us that knew her in grade/high school and after think that she would have fled the country before committing suicide. She has lived abroad and traveled extensively. Believe it or not, she’s not stupid either. “Snapped” has definitely been used in our convos.

I was just going by how fast and explosive this was. If she has extensive travel experience then it would make more sense if she cut the country. It just feels like one of the rage incidents where the perp loses all control.

Yikes. I would like to know what came first -- the purchase of the guns, or the discovery of infidelity.

On May 14, three days after Wilson was found dead, an anonymous caller contacted the Austin PD.

“The caller refused to be identified but advised she was with Armstrong in January 2022,” the affidavit explains. “The caller advised Armstrong had just discovered Strickland was having a romantic relationship with Wilson even though Armstrong and Strickland were still dating. The caller advised Armstrong became furious and was shaking in anger. Armstrong told the caller Armstrong was so angry Armstrong wanted to kill Wilson. Armstrong then proceeded to tell the caller Armstrong had either recently purchased a firearm or was going to.”

What is the business venture that KA and CS were in together?
It appears that KA and CS own and operate a retro mobile trailer customization business called “Wheelhouse Mobile.”

The related Instagram has been deleted.

The business is referenced in several articles.

Last edited:
That Wheelhouse custom travel trailer business is a bit odd.

I was expecting to see trailers that were a bit more spartan/athletic in nature, but the 1 or 2 trailers they show on the site are really large and quite a bit plusher or "custom" than I would have thought. There are also 2 pickup trucks in the shots, one white, one silver. I assume one of these is his vehicle.

I don't see how a "financial guru" yoga instructor and a "Red Bull Athlete" do this in a profitable manner. It's extremely custom and would take a lot of connections with subcontractors, I think.

LE certainly needs to check out their shop and trailers, IMHO.

I can't imagine what other racers think when this celebrity-level custom rig shows up at their gravel track races where everyone else is hanging out in the most spartan of accommodations.

This also explains where he was living during the "time off" KA and CS had.

1653234501812.png

1653234343122.png

Last edited:
Yikes. I would like to know what came first -- the purchase of the guns, or the discovery of infidelity.

On May 14, three days after Wilson was found dead, an anonymous caller contacted the Austin PD.

“The caller refused to be identified but advised she was with Armstrong in January 2022,” the affidavit explains. “The caller advised Armstrong had just discovered Strickland was having a romantic relationship with Wilson even though Armstrong and Strickland were still dating. The caller advised Armstrong became furious and was shaking in anger. Armstrong told the caller Armstrong was so angry Armstrong wanted to kill Wilson. Armstrong then proceeded to tell the caller Armstrong had either recently purchased a firearm or was going to.”

WHOA

"Armstrong then proceeded to tell the caller Armstrong had either recently purchased a firearm or was going to.”

The person who would know this would be CS !

I'm guessing KA and CS bought two firearms so they would both have some protection while either traveling (him) or working at the Wheelhouse shop in Lockhart, TX about 20 miles from Austin. :oops:

Last edited:
I'm just not seeing the logistics of how this done with just one person who was already known to MW. It looks like MW was staying in a second floor apartment with wooden stairs leading up to it and apparently there being two units. I could see it being done easily if KA for instance was already standing on the second floor porch with her back turned looking like she was with the other unit and then quickly turning around a going a few feet once MW was opening the door, but if the contention is she pulled up and got out of her car then went up to the second floor after MW had already opened the door that seems far more challenging. Also along with this I'm surprised there wasn't any screams or anything for KA being able to make it up the stairs, into the apartment then into the bathroom, which I guess she used some type of a silencer on the gun too.
I also think it's odd that LE found MW's bike 60 feet from the apartment in a thicket of bamboo. What murderer takes the time to do that, risking bringing additional attention and risk of being seen? Maybe she did that before allegedly shooting her. Or maybe MW saw that happen through the window and it caused her to open the door to see what was happening.

That Wheelhouse custom travel trailer business is a bit odd.

I was expecting to see trailers that were a bit more spartan/athletic in nature, but the 1 or 2 trailers they show on the site are really large and quite a bit plusher or "custom" than I would have thought. There are also 2 pickup trucks in the shots, one white, one silver. I assume one of these is his vehicle.

I don't see how a "financial guru" yoga instructor and a "Red Bull Athlete" do this in a profitable manner. It's extremely custom and would take a lot of connections with subcontractors, I think.

LE certainly needs to check out their shop and trailers, IMHO.

I can't imagine what other racers think when this celebrity-level custom rig shows up at their gravel track races where everyone else is hanging out in the most spartan of accommodations.

This also explains where he was living during the "time off" KA and CS had.

View attachment 345384

View attachment 345383
Re her being a “financial guru yoga instructor” she was also a realtor at Kuper Sotheby’s International Realty, as mentioned a few places including this article. Austin Cops Have Issued an Arrest Warrant For the Murder of Cyclist Moriah Wilson

I also think it's odd that LE found MW's bike 60 feet from the apartment in a thicket of bamboo. What murderer takes the time to do that, risking bringing additional attention and risk of being seen? Maybe she did that before allegedly shooting her. Or maybe MW saw that happen through the window and it caused her to open the door to see what was happening.
Even though a neighbors home camera caught KA ‘s vehicle on the street, I don’t think it showed her near it at all. KA might have driven down the street but then parked the car on another nearby street to be more inconspicuous and approached the house by foot. In the affidavit it says a witness reported hearing someone running down the steps of the house between 830 and 930pm and observed someone on a bike going southbound. The bike was found dumped south of the house. So maybe KA was trying to make a fast getaway to her car via MW’s bike, although KA is not a cycling racer she is just a mere participant as CS told the investigators (sarcasm). Or maybe messing with her beloved bike was another way KA was showing spite or contempt to MW?

See page 5 of affidavit DocumentCloud

OK, this hits my hinky-meter

If MW is shot insider her locked residence, going out of your way to hide the bicycle makes no sense at all. It's not as if anyone is going to think she is missing because her bicyle is missing, without entering the house and searching it.

Why would KA bother to move MW's bike? That has nothing to do with the crime where MW is shot inside the house. That doesn't make the murder look like a bicycle accident.

The person who would associate MW with a bike is, of course, fellow bicycle racer CS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member